Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward

Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by comeflywme
Had a number of Globalist upgrades in South Korea & Singapore in May/June.
  • Grand Hyatt Jeju: Standard King → Premier Suite King (extremely nice suite!, fri check-in, 4 nights)
  • Park Hyatt Seoul: Standard King → Park Suite King (dated, only thing that stood out is the iconic view of samsung-dong, sun check-in, 2 nights )
  • Grand Hyatt Incheon: Standard King → Grand Corner Deluxe Exec Suite (very impressive for an airport hotel suite, th check-in, 1 night)
  • Andaz Singapore: Standard King → King Bay View Deluxe (unfortunately, no studio suite kings avail on sat check-in, 2 nights)
They’re being renovated as we speak. Modern in almost every way now.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 9:26 am

Hyatt regency Boston this weekend. Upgraded prior to arrival to the executive suite. Breakfast buffet is waived, and you still get the destination fee benefits without the actual fee
ccna101 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:43 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
HR Zurich Airport, used Cat7 certificate. 1 night July 22, received Regency Suite facing the Park.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Park Hyatt Vienna
late July on points - 4 nights
Globalist
used suite award for junior suite. Upgraded to deluxe suite and it’s sick.
rhg247 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe

Had a 1 night stay before heading off to Reno. Booked a base level king and was upgraded to a lakeside lower cottage in the app the morning of arrival. Room goes for about 2k a night. From what I’ve read this property is great with upgrades and your chances are good during lower occupancy.
59Impala and askyamaz like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 1:52 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Wrong thread
Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Hyatt Regency Düsseldorf
Booked a King Room with view, upgraded the day before check in to a King Suite with view (same as last time I staid there pre Covid). Nice of them as it’s a proper suite double the size of the rooms)!
Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:03 am

Hyatt Regency Austin
Booked: Standard Room on Points
Received: River View Room
No luck so far getting a suite here but it's also always on a weekend night so maybe hotel is full.

Tommie Austin:
Booked: Standard room on points
Received: Pool View room
No suite option at this hotel - all the rooms are super small with a terrible bathroom layout.

Thompson Austin:
Received: One bedroom Residence

Grand Hyatt Nashville:
Received: Broadway Suite
dpb132 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Parisi Udvar Budapest

Upgraded from a base king to a jr suite the morning before arrival. Basically just a bigger room but the property was beautiful so it’s hard to complain. At checkin the room wasn’t ready and the front desk asked the manager for another room and they chatted in the back for a minute only to return and saying I could have another room but it was a lower category room. Pretty sure he denied her moving me to a nicer suite but that’s the way it goes sometimes.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:45 am

I've got a points stay at the Thompson Central Park New York tonight and I was preemptively upgraded to a Studio Suite King in the app (from a regular King room). It showed up in the 'Stay Details' a day or two ago, and when I was prompted this morning to check-in, it confirmed that I'd be receiving the upgrade.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Hyatt Centric Midtown 5th Avenue New York
- Booked a standard king room on point+cash.
- Upgraded to a high floor king room.
- No complaint as the hotel was sold out on my dates.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Andaz West Hollywood (1 night):
Standard 1 King BEDS
Upgraded to Andaz Suite Queen
* Booked with points, app showed 1 King Deluxe the day before then changed to the Suite just before check-in.

tommie Hollywood (1 night):
1 King Bed Interior Atrium View
Upgraded to One Bedroom Suite
* Gifted free night from a friend (Explorist), app showed Hollywood Hills View on the same day of check-in. Got upgraded to One Bedroom Suite at check-in. 4 of these suites were available on the same day, but I didn’t get upgraded automatically. Perhaps I used a gifted free night and the person wasn’t a Globalist?

Andaz San Diego (7 nights):
1 Queen Bed
Upgraded to Andaz Suite
* Cash booking, upgraded to the suite before check-in
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
tommie Hollywood (1 night):
1 King Bed Interior Atrium View
Upgraded to One Bedroom Suite
* Gifted free night from a friend (Explorist), app showed Hollywood Hills View on the same day of check-in. Got upgraded to One Bedroom Suite at check-in. 4 of these suites were available on the same day, but I didn’t get upgraded automatically. Perhaps I used a gifted free night and the person wasn’t a Globalist?
What time of year / day of week was this? I've got two rooms booked for 1-night at the end of next month and was hoping at least one of them would have a chance of getting bumped up to the suite. Because the standard rooms are *tiny*.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by AllThePants
What time of year / day of week was this? I've got two rooms booked for 1-night at the end of next month and was hoping at least one of them would have a chance of getting bumped up to the suite. Because the standard rooms are *tiny*.
Summer/Sunday.
I'm guessing there are 7 of these suites in this hotel. It felt really spacious because of the 12 ft. high ceilings.

It would be nice if you get at least one of them upgrading to the suite, but if not you might want to ask for 1kg Hollywood Hills View "Deluxe" which also has 12 foot high ceilings and 270 sqf.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:52 pm

Andaz 5th Avenue 9/6 - 9/9

Booked 1 King Bed on points

Upgraded to Wellness suite morning of arrival.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.