Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Buckhead REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2021, 9:55 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Creating a dedicated thread for Thompson Buckhead in Atlanta, Georgia, now that the hotel is officially open as per this press release from Hyatt.

The hotel address is 415 East Paces Ferry Road, and the property page available at this link. Category 5.

khabah
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I'm considering staying here sometime in February - this property looks basically like a twin of Thompson Nashville.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I'm using my Hyatt 1-7 certificate on this property next weekend. I booked it a month ago. When I check it out now, all rooms are sold out for most of December. I'm not sure if it's actually sold out or if they're restricting the number of rooms. Will make sure to post about it after my stay.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by swhang
I'm using my Hyatt 1-7 certificate on this property next weekend. I booked it a month ago. When I check it out now, all rooms are sold out for most of December. I'm not sure if it's actually sold out or if they're restricting the number of rooms. Will make sure to post about it after my stay.
Please do, I'm also based in Atlanta area and would like to find a local Hyatt to burn the 1-7 certificates.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
So I was intending to stay here this past weekend (Dec 25-26). When I made the reservation, they said the restaurant, Dirty Rascal, wasn't open to the public and that it's open for hotel guests. The breakfast as a globalist would be at this new restaurant. However, I called again a few days before to confirm, and they said the restaurant won't open until Jan 2022. Additionally, no suites at all since none of them were ready and so no hope of an upgrade. I called Hyatt concierge and they gave me 20,000 points for the expiring 1-7 certificate. So I took that instead of using it on a very limited Thompson Buckhead stay.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:06 pm

Location: Atlanta, Georgia / New Orleans, Louisiana - Southeastern U.S.
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Diamond Medallion, World of Hyatt Globalist, Southwest CP & United 1K
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I'm considering staying here sometime in February - this property looks basically like a twin of Thompson Nashville.
I'd agree that both are similar, but I'd pick Thompson Buckhead. The service offered by the team is impeccable, they really go out of their way to exhibit top hospitality given they are new. They also offered a globalist amenity in my room after arriving. I think they're doing a great job and I had an excellent stay here. It's about time that Atlanta has a Category 5 in the neighborhood.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ATLMichael
I'd agree that both are similar, but I'd pick Thompson Buckhead. The service offered by the team is impeccable, they really go out of their way to exhibit top hospitality given they are new. They also offered a globalist amenity in my room after arriving. I think they're doing a great job and I had an excellent stay here. It's about time that Atlanta has a Category 5 in the neighborhood.
Is the restaurant open now? How is the workspace in the rooms?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Thompson Buckhead is offering a 3rd night free through Hyatt Prive for stays through April 30th (must book by February 28th).
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:47 pm

Any recent stays? I haven't been to Buckhead in years and just wanted to confirm the location is good for walking to restaurants/bars, etc.? Also, did anyone choose this over Grand Hyatt Buckhead? I need to thoroughly read the dedicated thread for GH but assume the Thompson is newer and nicer Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Any updates on this property?
Old Dec 3, 2022, 6:25 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Standard Suite

Just made a reservation for January and applied a TSU. I can report that the standard suite is the Parlor Suite. Will let you know how the hotel is in a month or so.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:57 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SP03
Any updates on this property?
Originally Posted by madderlake
Any recent stays? I haven't been to Buckhead in years and just wanted to confirm the location is good for walking to restaurants/bars, etc.? Also, did anyone choose this over Grand Hyatt Buckhead? I need to thoroughly read the dedicated thread for GH but assume the Thompson is newer and nicer Thanks!
Yes, location is convenient to many good restaurants in Buckhead Village and along Piedmont. Not to mention the fact that I found the on-site restaurant to be excellent.

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Is the restaurant open now? How is the workspace in the rooms?
yes, open for all meals and very good (albeit expensive). Workspace is good from a comfort perspective. However, there was no desk lamp in my Thompson Suite, and the desk was in a dark corner of the bedroom!

Overall, I really enjoyed the hotel. No staffing issues, and everyone seemed to be very focused on providing good hospitality. I was very pleased during my four-night stay.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:23 am

Planning to stay here 1 night later this month. I just dropped from globalist to explorist.

How does this property treat explorists? Is it even worth asking for an upgrade? I'll be staying on a Sunday night.

Last edited by CompFalls15; Apr 1, 2023 at 8:12 am
Old Apr 2, 2023, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
Recently had two 5day stays. first stay was upgraded to a jr suite and second stay they upgraded me to a parlor suite.
Parlor suite and up gives you access to their rooftop member only club, which kinda explains the jump in room rates. i assume the club is more like a nightclub? only opens tues-sun late-afternoon, not to be confused with the lounge/club in some hotels. Did not have time to check it out.

Junior suite is a big room, no partitioned sections. The parlor suite layout didn't quite catered to my needs since the other small room crams in a daybed, a lounge chair and tv and overall size is similar to the jr suite so the partitioned space just makes the room that much smaller. Both rooms had a small/narrow work desk under the tv the desk chair is more like a bar chair so didn't use.

The Italian restaurant is pretty good, although a little limited in menu choices and slightly expensive. Got my globalist breakfast here, front desk told me $30 per person, but i went over most of the time and it was all covered. LImited parking only valet available was it was $42

Service from the whole hotel staff was very good.

There are lots of nearby restaurants in a walkable distance, but I would not walk at night. I tried one night and it's dead quiet and dark a few blocks around the hotel and felt unsecure
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:58 pm

Planning on staying here next week for 4-nights. Called the Globalist line tonight to see about burning a suite upgrade award. Rep confirmed suite availability and gave me the option of the Parlor Suite | 1King Bed, or Parlor Suite | 1 King Bed with City View. Went with the latter option as city view rooms are priced at a premium.

Having never stayed in Buckhead before, any suggestions on dining options in the area? Any tips or tricks with parking lots in close proximity to the property? Would like to avoid the valet parking onsite, which is now up to $50 per the hotel website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.