Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Booked When Explorist - Ensuring Old Resos Reflect Globalist?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I want to be free! Free!

What's the best way to make sure that reservations made with properties prior to making globalist reflect current status? Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:41 pm

I don't think your reservation itself reflects your status. The FD will see your status when they check your reservation. Anyway, from person experience I had 2 reservations made at the time I crossed the threshold to Globalist (one was a checkin less than 24 hrs after my globalist status was updated) and in both cases the FD knew I was globalist.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
I don't think your reservation itself reflects your status. The FD will see your status when they check your reservation. Anyway, from person experience I had 2 reservations made at the time I crossed the threshold to Globalist (one was a checkin less than 24 hrs after my globalist status was updated) and in both cases the FD knew I was globalist.
There's some property dependency and if the internal controls even allow something like this anymore.

My relevant example from recent years - I had a company match to trial Explorist status for 3 months and didn't complete the requirements to keep status. I booked PH Milan a few days before my status ended. My status went down to Member, then I booked PH Zurich a few days later. I had no status for a few months by the start of our trip. When checking in at PH Zurich, they specifically welcomed me as an Explorist and explained my benefits. When arriving at PH Milan a few days later, I don't recall any mention of status.

This may have something to do with mention of status via Hyatt Special Request Acronyms and how it gets updated on the reservation.

That said, I imagine that FD will closely pay attention to potential Globalist reservations due to the jump in benefits.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by tearex
There's some property dependency and if the internal controls even allow something like this anymore.

My relevant example from recent years - I had a company match to trial Explorist status for 3 months and didn't complete the requirements to keep status. I booked PH Milan a few days before my status ended. My status went down to Member, then I booked PH Zurich a few days later. I had no status for a few months by the start of our trip. When checking in at PH Zurich, they specifically welcomed me as an Explorist and explained my benefits. When arriving at PH Milan a few days later, I don't recall any mention of status.

This may have something to do with mention of status via Hyatt Special Request Acronyms and how it gets updated on the reservation.

That said, I imagine that FD will closely pay attention to potential Globalist reservations due to the jump in benefits.

Yeah, I'm recalling some time ago I had a reservation that had been around for months when I hit a new Marriott tier, and had several more months before the actual stay. FD was insistent I was not entitled to relevant benefits because their system reflected a lower status; just trying to avoid that on some longer-dated stays. Normally I'd just rebook it but the relevant reservations are at e.g. Ventana and, while still bookable, would carry a re-rate penalty in the six figures in points.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Yeah, I'm recalling some time ago I had a reservation that had been around for months when I hit a new Marriott tier, and had several more months before the actual stay. FD was insistent I was not entitled to relevant benefits because their system reflected a lower status; just trying to avoid that on some longer-dated stays. Normally I'd just rebook it but the relevant reservations are at e.g. Ventana and, while still bookable, would carry a re-rate penalty in the six figures in points.
Fair enough, makes sense why you'd want to be certain. If you want to avoid awkwardness then perhaps reach out ahead of time. But worst case scenario you'll have to ask them to look and they'll be able to determine your updated status.
aCavalierInCoach likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 11:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Fair enough, makes sense why you'd want to be certain. If you want to avoid awkwardness then perhaps reach out ahead of time. But worst case scenario you'll have to ask them to look and they'll be able to determine your updated status.
It could be as simple as an email after actually attaining status for them to double check everything is accurate.

”Hi,

I booked a reservation with you a little while ago and it’s coming up soon. I just hit Globalist status not too long ago and wanted to make sure I’d get those benefits. I had an issue with another hotel chain not recognizing my new status because it was a reservation booked prior to achieving that status so I thought I’d email ahead.

We are looking forward to our stay with you

Thank You & Happy Holidays,

XXXX”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.