Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Breakfast - will it ever improve?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Breakfast - will it ever improve?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2022, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
Who came up with this newish thing of ending breakfast at 9AM? Not all of us are early birds. 🙃
Or even on whatever is local time.

David
Old Nov 28, 2022, 2:21 pm

Just stayed at the ABQ Airport Hyatt Place on a mattress run and it’s still not back to pre-COVID quality. Even the enamel cookware for the powdered eggs was chipped and had a sharply broken handle. The coffee is still off brand and not even the mediocre Rainforest Coffee brand standard. We ended up leaving the hotel to get something edible for breakfast. At this point I’d rather have 500 than breakfast at most HP properties.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Who came up with this newish thing of ending breakfast at 9AM? Not all of us are early birds. 🙃
I ran into that at a Hilton Garden Inn this past week. In that case it wasn’t even saving them much money since I just claimed our $20 allowance in snacks and drinks from the pantry. But yes, it was an unexpected surprise.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 5:28 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Most Hyatt Place properties are individually owned.This helps cut down staffing hours and helps reduce costs.So it’s in their best interest.
I’m at a full service property now that offers a lunch room package except they don’t bother to tell you that they close for lunch at 1 PM 🙄
Of course I arrive @ 145 PM
Historically Hyatt Place would run their breakfast till 9:30 AM

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 28, 2022 at 5:40 pm
Old Nov 28, 2022, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler
Just stayed at the ABQ Airport Hyatt Place on a mattress run and it’s still not back to pre-COVID quality. Even the enamel cookware for the powdered eggs was chipped and had a sharply broken handle. The coffee is still off brand and not even the mediocre Rainforest Coffee brand standard. We ended up leaving the hotel to get something edible for breakfast. At this point I’d rather have 500 than breakfast at most HP properties.
Have rarely had a Hyatt Place breakfast ever that is worth my time venturing into the lobby it’s simply poor.
Montreal HP was as close as I have ever come to finding anything worth consuming
I expect to fail each and everytime so when I consider any HP property
I have to know booking it the food
will be sub par and I will need to pack my own or dine out of house
doordash has made it possible to go to them.I wish they would close the restaurants @ Hyatt Place and offer credits for
door dash and grub hub etc
Old Nov 29, 2022, 8:31 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Have rarely had a Hyatt Place breakfast ever that is worth my time venturing into the lobby it’s simply poor.
this would apply to north American HP's only. HP's in Europe (especially Zurich Airport, Dubai Baniyas Sqare, Hayes (unfortunately permanently closed) are/were truly excellent and fully comparable to any HR and GH breakfast buffet.
notquiteaff likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Nov 29, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Old Nov 29, 2022, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by 59Impala
this would apply to north American HP's only HP's in Europe (especially Zurich Airport, Dubai Baniyas Sqare, Hayes (unfortunately permanently closed) are/were truly excellent and fully comparable to any HR and GH breakfast buffet.
Yes, I remember being quite surprised/impressed by the Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport. It was my first and so far only HP experience outside the US, but it’s like it’s a completely different brand.

The same actually applies to HGI at the FRA airport.
59Impala likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
[QUOTE=59Impala;34792840]
… HP's in Europe (especially Zurich Airport, Dubai Baniyas Sqare, Hayes (unfortunately permanently closed) are/were truly excellent and fully comparable to any HR and GH breakfast buffet.
My only European HP breakfast experience was several years ago at Hayes, a one night quasi mattress run after a few nights at the Andaz Liverpool Street. Please clarify, is HP Hayes permanently closed or is the breakfast at HP Hayes permanently closed? Thank you.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:11 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Please clarify, is HP Hayes permanently closed or is the breakfast at HP Hayes permanently closed? Thank you.
The property permanently closed last month.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 2:31 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
[QUOTE=Dr Jabadski;34793076]
My only European HP breakfast experience was several years ago at Hayes, a one night quasi mattress run after a few nights at the Andaz Liverpool Street. Please clarify, is HP Hayes permanently closed or is the breakfast at HP Hayes permanently closed? Thank you.

yes, Hotel has permanently closed.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:19 pm

this would apply to north American HP's only. HP's in Europe (especially Zurich Airport, Dubai Baniyas Sqare, Hayes (unfortunately permanently closed) are/were truly excellent and fully comparable to any HR and GH breakfast buffet.
Appreciate the mention.True the International HP properties actually have kitchens including HP somewhat near Melbourne AU airport
Old Jan 4, 2023, 2:39 pm

Whatever happened to the purple potato medley? I remember eating this at breakfast at the HP Asheville and was so amazed they had such a high quality item at breakfast.

Also is the 9am breakfast cutoff time applied to all HPs? That's a clever and underhanded way to further reduce costs. Had difficulty getting up time on my most recent trip.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Whatever happened to the purple potato medley? I remember eating this at breakfast at the HP Asheville and was so amazed they had such a high quality item at breakfast.

Also is the 9am breakfast cutoff time applied to all HPs? That's a clever and underhanded way to further reduce costs. Had difficulty getting up time on my most recent trip.
FWIW I thought that the breakfast at HP Asheville was the best out of all the domestic US HPs I've stayed at! Haven't stayed at any HPs in other countries to compare.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
FWIW, HP Keystone Colorado (Epic Pass ski resort) was back to pre-COVID breakfast last month after epic breakfast failures a year ago.
(Dec 2022) …Stayed here 5 nights last week, only skied 3 days, one day was bitter cold and very windy (below zero with well below zero wind chill). Most of my comments (posts #36 and #38) from my stays here in December 2021 (coincidentally exact same dates) and February 2022 remain applicable. Breakfast was completely different.

Breakfast is no longer individually packaged servings. It was identical each of the 5 mornings I was there. Regular Dannon yogurt, vanilla or strawberry, fruit salad (appeared to have been prepared the previous night, melons, oranges, grapes, pineapple), various breads and cereals, pitchers of whole and skim milk, microwaved French Toast sticks heavy sugar and cinnamon (which I happen to like), breakfast sausage, tasteless scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, crumbled bacon. Breakfast seating area and adjacent bar seating are marginally adequate during breakfast rush hour....
What can I say, I’m most definitely NOT a foodie and I’ve been trying to outgrow this sweet tooth for about 50 years. Even though I try to eat “healthy” at home and only buy French Toast once every year or 2, I actually called the hotel a few days ago to ask which brand of French Toast sticks they buy (no-brand wholesale).
(Feb 2022) Stayed again last week for 5 nights, decreasing my overall rating to 2 stars.
Breakfast still grab and go: Microwaved Jimmy Dean sandwiches, microwaved breakfast burritos, warmed bagels and croissants in baggies, whole apples, oranges, bananas, individual yogurt, individual dry cereal, individual oatmeal, apple and orange juices, coffee and tea station. Main reason for decreased rating is that the hotel was out of Jimmy Deans 2 of 5 days, out of yogurt 2 of 5 days, no bananas 3 of 5 days, no apples 4 of 5 days and (unbelievably when dry cereal is one of the main staples) out of individual milk containers 2 of 5 days (they put out quart sized almond milk containers).

This hotel should stop using COVID as an excuse for the (even more than usual) appalling breakfast. Their (breakfast) inventory control should be improved. ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.