Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Is it too late to add spend to cc for elite nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2021, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM

Hi,

Im just missing 2 elite nights to requalify for next year and I have the WOH chase card.
I could put a large purchase on the card to get them that way, but my current statement period ends January 3rd, so I’m afraid these nights will post too late to my account. Am I correct, or will the nights be added as soon as the charge is posted?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Nights post after statement closes. With the relaxed qualification criteria I would not count on favors and be looking a cheap stay somewhere if I wanted the status.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
You could DM Chase to ask your statement closing date to be moved up
Old Dec 7, 2021, 1:07 pm

Nights post after your statement closes but many people have stated they count for when the transaction occurred, which means you are supposed to be credited for the year the transactions took place. I'd feel pretty confident that I could at least get it fixed after the fact...but I'm not in your shoes.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Nights post after your statement closes but many people have stated they count for when the transaction occurred, which means you are supposed to be credited for the year the transactions took place. I'd feel pretty confident that I could at least get it fixed after the fact...but I'm not in your shoes.
This...OP should be good, it's about when the spend incurred vs. your statement closing date.
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Recent extensive discussion of this exact question was merged into this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ed-2018-a.html

Just as UA-NYC said, the consensus in the above thread is that if you reach the next spend threshold based on purchases posted in 2021, then the nights will credit in 2021 regardless of statement closing date.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Recent extensive discussion of this exact question was merged into this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ed-2018-a.html

Just as UA-NYC said, the consensus in the above thread is that if you reach the next spend threshold based on purchases posted in 2021, then the nights will credit in 2021 regardless of statement closing date.

-FlyerBeek
Agreed-- in years past I've personally had my spend up to Dec 31 count for that year even though the monthly billing ended in January.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Agreed-- in years past I've personally had my spend up to Dec 31 count for that year even though the monthly billing ended in January.
Is there an easy way to calculate where you are in the $5000 increment? Trying to figure out how much more I need to spend to hit the next 2 nights.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:00 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I’ll lock this thread for housekeeping purposes. Please continue discussion in the referenced thread. Thanks!!!!

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:00 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I’ll lock this thread for housekeeping purposes. Please continue discussion in the referenced thread. Thanks!!!!

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.