Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt App Update not showing Upcoming Stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hyatt App Update not showing Upcoming Stays

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Mobile App Error

...when booking dates with varying point redemption requirements due to peak/off-peak. Anyone else notice this? I kept getting an error at the final booking confirmation stage. So I tested out a few other dummy hotel reservations that spanned nights with different points requirements. Same error every time unless I dropped the offending dates so that the new bookings were entirely peak or off-peak.

This seems like it would be a common issue for others, unless it's just my app not being updated? Had to wait to get on the computer to successfully book my original search that included standard and off-peak nights.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:14 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
I get this too but only on one account and not the other. Not sure what's happening but invariably it is NOT Hyatt's fault lol
nsx likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 11:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I got this same error on the app when booking a stay with one off-peak date. At first I thought i didn't have enough points, but that was not the case.
Worked on the website, however. Weird and annoying.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kevinjm
I got this same error on the app when booking a stay with one off-peak date. At first I thought i didn't have enough points, but that was not the case.
It's... probably not an IT glitch. Rather, they are just doing this to preserve award inventory...
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Was this happening when using the the app version update released within the last 20 hours? Or also on older versions of the app?

I am getting that the rate is no longer available when trying to book across standard and peak pricing dates in one booking. But booking the standard price dates separately from the off-peak price dates worked fine.

Seems like it’s still a work in progress.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Surely they must now spend $142MM, give or take, on IT in 2022, otherwise it's a disaster of a company and not up to Hilton's shining standards
notquiteaff and DELee like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Might need an actual, real IT expert (vs. a very amateur one) to come back and give another lesson or two...
notquiteaff and DELee like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by kevinjm
Weird and annoying indeed 😉
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Strangely, none of my upcoming stays are showing on the app. It also logs me out of the app very frequently.
3rdworldresident and WasKnown like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:14 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I don't know if Hyatt hired people from Marriott's IT department, but the app has been extraordinarily buggy these last few months. I get frequently logged out, quitting the app entirely logs you out, mobile keys don't register with ease or work, my upcoming stays disappear, I've had glitches in pricing and flow come up when making reservations and just about everything takes ages to load. I've reached a point where if I see an update for the app in the App Store, my insides clench because I feel like for one thing Hyatt will fix, twenty other things will break.

Sigh.

khabah
3rdworldresident and WasKnown like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:10 am

That all sounds extremely annoying! 😲
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:05 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by khabah
I don't know if Hyatt hired people from Marriott's IT department, but the app has been extraordinarily buggy these last few months. I get frequently logged out, quitting the app entirely logs you out, mobile keys don't register with ease or work, my upcoming stays disappear, I've had glitches in pricing and flow come up when making reservations and just about everything takes ages to load. I've reached a point where if I see an update for the app in the App Store, my insides clench because I feel like for one thing Hyatt will fix, twenty other things will break.

Sigh.

khabah
I’ve had zero log-out problems with the Hyatt iOS app in quite some time. That’s an issue that hit me most frequently with the Marriott iOS app. Within the past 24-36 hours it seems like a variety of hotel apps have been behaving extra-glitchy. But more recently since then, it seems like a lot of my hotel apps have had updates come out (which have been installed today). Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Nordic Choice, Melia, and probably more.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Exclamation upcoming stays have disappeared

Originally Posted by markcwj
Strangely, none of my upcoming stays are showing on the app.
Same issue after updating the Hyatt app. My 2 upcoming stays are not showing up on the app. They show up while logged in on a laptop.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
My app now crashes as soon as I open it.

Just upgraded to Android 12 on a Galaxy S21.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by zip10001
Same issue after updating the Hyatt app. My 2 upcoming stays are not showing up on the app. They show up while logged in on a laptop.
Ditto here as well.

David
Antarius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.