Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt property (s) open at LAX. Hyatt Place and Hyatt house combo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2021, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia

New property is on Century Blvd. Very close to the Hyatt Regency.
Priced a bit high right now but I look forward to staying there.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Looks like a typical new Hyatt build. But the dates I’m looking at the regency is only $9 more. Closer and more offerings compared to a place/house.
Markie likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
New property is on Century Blvd. Very close to the Hyatt Regency.
Priced a bit high right now but I look forward to staying there.
Dual-Branded Hyatt Hotels Debut Near L.A. International Airport

David
Old Nov 11, 2021, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Those are in a pretty cool building, actually.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Those are in a pretty cool building, actually.
"The hotels occupy a mid-century modern building constructed in 1967 by famed architect Welton Becket, and each incorporates elements of that aesthetic into their design — from the retrofitted waffle ceilings to the vintage pool table in the lobby."
Source:
https://www.meetings-conventions.com...att-Hotels-LAX

Welton Becket designed many iconic buildings, including LA's Cinerama Dome, the Los Angeles Music Center, and the Capitol Records building.

I find adaptive reuse of "old" buildings quite fascinating. The website for the contractor includes the following information:

"Two 14’ X 10’ light wells were cut into the building, from the 2nd Floor to the roof, to provide natural light to the core of the 1965 office building, allowing the addition of 65 guestrooms in total."
Source:
https://kcswest.com/projects/lax-hyatt-house/

It sounds like some rooms at one or both of these properties will not have exterior views. That fact might be good or bad, depending on your point-of-view. Both of the hotels in which I used to work had interior atriums. Some guests loved those rooms because they were relatively quiet. Other guests despised those rooms.

Note: There don't appear to be many photos on the Hyatt website. The second link above has a number of photos of the public spaces of the hotel(s).
Old Nov 11, 2021, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hopefully every room will at least have a window. That seems to be something you can't take for granted anymore in Southern California.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
I would stay there on points, since it is only a Category 3. The cash prices do not make sense for that property for now. It is quoting $837 for the night of Dec 1 for the Hyatt House. I won't want to pay more than $250 a night for that property.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The restaurant is part of a small chain, but some of the choices sound good.

BTW, can someone tell me where the HP/HH is in relation to the HR at LAX? Is it on the same side of the street and farther from LAX T1 (who far?) or on the other side of the street, so that it would be better to walk from T7? I can't picture the building at all.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The restaurant is part of a small chain, but some of the choices sound good.

BTW, can someone tell me where the HP/HH is in relation to the HR at LAX? Is it on the same side of the street and farther from LAX T1 (who far?) or on the other side of the street, so that it would be better to walk from T7? I can't picture the building at all.
The joint HP/HH property is about 3 blocks east of the HR on the same side (yellow box). It is sandwiched between the Sonesta and the RI.

The HR (blue box) continues to beat everyone WRT closest access to LAX and T7/T8 (red box).

David
Old Nov 12, 2021, 2:36 pm

Here's an aerial image of the building with it's neighbors. These new Hyatt's are in the center building. As DELee notes, the Sonesta is on the left and the Residence Inn is on the right.

Source: https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=cabf780f-cea9-47b0-b683-2705a4c317de&cp=33.94612~-118.388967&lvl=20&style=g&imgid=6f4b1db1-65a9-4cb5-9d67-0668d01e9586&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027
Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by EdofFX
I would stay there on points, since it is only a Category 3. The cash prices do not make sense for that property for now. It is quoting $837 for the night of Dec 1 for the Hyatt House. I won't want to pay more than $250 a night for that property.
Dec 1 was expensive all over lax... Huge concert happening at SoFi stadium, BTS I think? Think around 70,000 people per night at each show. Just a taste of what Super Bowl and Olympics will be in LA
Old Dec 2, 2021, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by stitch626
Dec 1 was expensive all over lax... Huge concert happening at SoFi stadium, BTS I think? Think around 70,000 people per night at each show. Just a taste of what Super Bowl and Olympics will be in LA
Sofi AND The Forum were both hosting concerts that night. Perfect storm.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Originally Posted by stitch626
That may explain it! Isn't BTS a boys group that attracts mostly teen girls? Going to a concert can be expensive these days if they have to pay $800 for a hotel room.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by EdofFX
That may explain it! Isn't BTS a boys group that attracts mostly teen girls? Going to a concert can be expensive these days if they have to pay $800 for a hotel room.
I think that is a bit simplistic and the answer is no.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:42 pm

does anybody know if there is a shuttle to the airport or is it walkable to terminal 4?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.