Chase Hyatt Business Card

Old May 25, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
The offer currently is 60k points after 5k spend. I believe before the offer was 75k points? Am I misremembering that?
Old May 25, 2022, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfabar1
The offer currently is 60k points after 5k spend. I believe before the offer was 75k points? Am I misremembering that?
The offer was 75k until very recently.
Old May 25, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by coleslaw
The offer was 75k until very recently.
Yes, but with $7K spend. It took 4 weeks for them to mail me my card, allowing only 2 months to hit the spend.
Old May 26, 2022, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sonomawine
Yes, but with $7K spend. It took 4 weeks for them to mail me my card, allowing only 2 months to hit the spend.
A < 5 minute phone call to Chase to ask them to send you an expedited card and you'd have it in your hand within 1-2 days. Chase are very good about sending new cards via UPS/FedEx. They'll even send it to you at a new address (e.g. if you're at a hotel and want to put the hotel spend on the card, they'll send it next day delivery to the hotel).
Old May 26, 2022, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
A < 5 minute phone call to Chase to ask them to send you an expedited card and you'd have it in your hand within 1-2 days. Chase are very good about sending new cards via UPS/FedEx. They'll even send it to you at a new address (e.g. if you're at a hotel and want to put the hotel spend on the card, they'll send it next day delivery to the hotel).
Oh, I tried, but Chase said is Hyatt wasn't quick in responding. They then sent me a card without a Hyatt number (even though I gave them my Hyatt number) at the 4 week postapplication mark and just yesterday I got another card with my Hyatt number on it at the 6 week mark! They blamed it all on Hyatt and said they couldn't extend the spend date out. I will find a few things to pay to hit the $7K.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
60K pts for a $5000 spend seems reasonable so my DW applied for the card and was approved after a short phone call to verify her identity.

Plan on using the pts for a 3 night stay in a condo at Wailea, Maui this winter. Two meals at the HR north of Lahaina will trigger a $100 credit. Probably will drop the card after the first anniversary.

Last edited by philemer; Jun 6, 2022 at 3:29 pm
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by cfabar1
No, you are not misremembering. 75,000 offer (available until a month or 2 ago) was for $7,500 (10 points/$) spend which if the concern is biggest bang for the buck is arguably worse than current offer of 60,000 for $5,000 spend (12 points/$). Its conceivable that many people, particularly FT enthusiasts, are more interested in the absolute level of bonus rather than the relative value.

It took 4 weeks for them to mail me my card, ...
4 months ago I received my card 10 calendar days after a modified instant approval (pending on last application page, account noted in account online 10 minutes later). First statement was 20 days after receipt, 30 days after approval, which allowed me effectively about 2 weeks to hit the spend, a week prior to the first statement, to ensure the bonus on the first statement, to reset the 24 month interval as soon as possible. Its a marathon, not a sprint, gotta think way ahead of time.

allowing only 2 months to hit the spend.
No worries, its well documented that many people, probably particularly FT enthusiasts, meet a typical minimum spend within 1 day of approval, sometimes before the physical card is received, if not within an hour or two of card receipt.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:20 pm

Does this card have trip DELAY insurance?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Adding a DP: statement with $50K spend closed on 5/24, received email 5/26.

Had a stay checking out 6/4 and have yet to see the 10% rebate post to my account. The base points and earnings are but it sounds like the rebate shows up later? How long does this usually take? I called Hyatt and they just said that Chase has to send the points over before they'll post anything, although this doesn't make sense to me.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
No worries, it’s well documented that many people, probably particularly FT enthusiasts, meet a typical minimum spend within 1 day of approval, sometimes before the physical card is received, if not within an hour or two of card receipt.

True, and it took me just a tad over a week to hit it. I am still surprised how slow they are at getting the cards out. I have had many cards with Chase and most arrived within a week of approval.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:12 pm
iwc

Originally Posted by jcarberry
Adding a DP: statement with $50K spend closed on 5/24, received email 5/26.

Had a stay checking out 6/4 and have yet to see the 10% rebate post to my account. The base points and earnings are but it sounds like the rebate shows up later? How long does this usually take? I called Hyatt and they just said that Chase has to send the points over before they'll post anything, although this doesn't make sense to me.
I have been waiting over a month for the 10% rebate to post. Terms call for 6 to 8 weeks after completing stay. As a DP my 20 % from the Thompson promo posted within a week of completing the stays.

Hyatt assures me that eventually I will see both promos post just not sure how long it will take.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
No worries, its well documented that many people, probably particularly FT enthusiasts, meet a typical minimum spend within 1 day of approval, sometimes before the physical card is received, if not within an hour or two of card receipt.[/QUOTE]

How do you do this? How do you get the card number and get it ready to use? Do you call Chase and ask? I tried that once and the agent was unable to get the number.

I'd appreciate you letting me know how to do this. I have had to wait 4 + weeks sometimes. And often I'm in another country so getting the card is hard

If I could get the number right away within minutes of approval, I'd use the card for online purchases immediately. This would be helpful for me to know. Thanks in advance for letting me know how to do
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:31 pm

Is it true that you can't downgrade this to an INK no-fee product? Any downgrade options after a year? I know no one has had the CC that long yet, so no data points.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Is it true that you can't downgrade this to an INK no-fee product?
True: you cannot. You can downgrade a card only to another card in the same “family” (such as Chase IHG Premier and Traveler or Ink Preferred and Ink Cash).

For more on this, see the wiki at Chase Product Change/Card Conversion: Downgrade, Upgrade, Keep or Cancel? 2020 - 2022

Any downgrade options after a year?
Nope.
IAD_flyer likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:40 pm

Anyone have an update on whether or not they are receiving the 10% points back? Is it applying to stays that were booked before the $50K spend, but the stay will be after the $50k spend?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.