Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Hyatt Business Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by avogadro
I just had two 10% rebate bonuses posted today.

I went over $50K for the calendar year on a transaction that occurred on June 2nd and posted on June 5th.

The first stay was a two night stay starting on June 10th.

The second stay was a three night Guest of Honor stay starting on June 12th.

My statement date for those transactions was June 28th.

And the 10% refund bonuses were both posted to my World of Hyatt account on July 11th
So here's an interesting DP:

5/24 - Met $50K spend on statement closing
5/26 - Email with subject "Your Business is Booming" confirming 10% rebate was active
6/04 - Checked out of stay where I redeemed > 200K points
6/07 - 6K points deposited as "Reward Bonus" (had a 60K stay checking out 5/15)
6/08 - Email saying 10% bonus points were deposited into my account

Forward to the current day and I still haven't seen any points from the big stay I had which was kind of the whole reason I spent $50K to begin with. Hyatt says they have to wait the full 2-3 months as per T&Cs but they'll investigate it more if I call back afterwards.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcarberry

5/26 - Email with subject "Your Business is Booming" confirming 10% rebate was active

Forward to the current day and I still haven't seen any points from the big stay I had which was kind of the whole reason I spent $50K to begin with. Hyatt says they have to wait the full 2-3 months as per T&Cs but they'll investigate it more if I call back afterwards.
I'm sure Hyatt is hoping that you'll forget.

I just got off with AA over a refund issued where they said online everything was refunded except . . .

I don't think travel companies are too concerned with these issues right now.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by jcarberry

Very interesting. I’ve met all the terms of the card but not once received any communication from Hyatt. Maybe I was too early an adopter.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 12:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Is there a way to tell that spend qualifies as bonused spend before the bonus posts? I've put north of $50k of a new type of bonused spend on the card this quarter (advertising), and I know I just need to sit tight and be patient, but it would be nice to know if I should continue the same pace or if I'm making incorrect assumptions.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I got this card for the sign up bonus but haven't been able to benefit from it. I think I'll cancel. Not worth the annual fee
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:46 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ralphs
Is there a way to tell that spend qualifies as bonused spend before the bonus posts? I've put north of $50k of a new type of bonused spend on the card this quarter (advertising), and I know I just need to sit tight and be patient, but it would be nice to know if I should continue the same pace or if I'm making incorrect assumptions.
The bonus is shown for each transaction as soon as it posts, at least on the "non-business" WoH card. The picture below is from the website, but the app shows similar detail.

Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by ralphs
I assume you mean the top 3 category 2x spend bonus. It wont show since if your spending could change month to month. Perhaps send a SM and ask them. That way if you dont get it, you have it in writing.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by skj
The bonus is shown for each transaction as soon as it posts, at least on the "non-business" WoH card. The picture below is from the website, but the app shows similar detail.

Mine for my business version has this for a $51 gas purchase:

I don't think it can show the "bonus" points for gas here because it only looks back after the quarter is over to determine your 3 biggest categories :/
Old Aug 20, 2022, 1:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Mine for my business version has this for a $51 gas purchase:

I don't think it can show the "bonus" points for gas here because it only looks back after the quarter is over to determine your 3 biggest categories :/
I just got a statement with 15k of advertising-related bonus points. At first I was super concerned because the statement included $50k+ of Facebook/Google ad spend, but then I realized that the cutoff for this August statement was advertising ending on June 30.

Also, got bonus spend for local transit for Uber trips but not Uber Eats.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
$50 rebate

Are you able to get the $50 back on $50 at Hyatt property if you aren't a guest? Like just swinging by for the restaurant or spa.

If the terms don't allow, do we have data points suggesting it works anyway?
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Are you able to get the $50 back on $50 at Hyatt property if you aren't a guest? Like just swinging by for the restaurant or spa.

If the terms don't allow, do we have data points suggesting it works anyway?
Anything that codes as Hyatt on your Cc will qualify. So, generally, if you can charge it to your room then you’ll get rebated.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Anything that codes as Hyatt on your Cc will qualify. So, generally, if you can charge it to your room then you’ll get rebated.
Interesting. I have never been able to charge anything to my room without being a guest.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by SMK77
Interesting. I have never been able to charge anything to my room without being a guest.
Sometimes hotel front desks will create a dummy reservation for you to charge something to, if you are just coming for food or spa or whatever. But not all properties will. I have generally found though that even if they say they will, most properties won't actually grant you points for on property spend as a non guest.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SMK77
I was referring to whether the outlet you're using your card at would let you charge to your room if you were a guest. If they don't, e.g. if it's an onsite restaurant under separate management, then it usually won't code as Hyatt spend and you won't get a rebate. If it's a hotel owned/run restaurant, spa, etc. then it will usually code as Hyatt spend.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:08 pm

Buying Hyatt gift cards at the front desk as a non-guest is always an option for the rebate. Finding a property that actually sells gift cards can be a challenge and an FDA that know how to sell them in Opera.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.