Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Reminder received about points expiring Dec 31, 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reminder received about points expiring Dec 31, 2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 8:29 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Any way to get Club Access Awards extended beyond 31 Dec 2021? I have 4 in my account that I haven't been able to use for the past 2 years due to being stuck in Singapore.
lengthy discussion here: Certificates Are Being Extended?

you can try and extend in the month they expire is the general consensus (and as confirmed by my concierge)
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Pts Expiration Date

Is there a way to see my points expiration date on WoH website?

My last activity was in 12/2019, but I have recently booked a points stay for Sept. 2022. In the T&Cs it states that if a points stay is canceled that it doesn't reset the last activity date, so a bit concerned if I have to cancel that stay at some point, that all my points will expire.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by maizenblue07
Is there a way to see my points expiration date on WoH website?

My last activity was in 12/2019, but I have recently booked a points stay for Sept. 2022. In the T&Cs it states that if a points stay is canceled that it doesn't reset the last activity date, so a bit concerned if I have to cancel that stay at some point, that all my points will expire.
You can buy 1000 points for $24 and reset the clock.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zack14
You can buy 1000 points for $24 and reset the clock.
Yeah, I know. Guess I'm cheap and would rather save the $24 if I can.

I know I will have activity in 2022, whether I end up doing that points stay or not.
KathyWdrf likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)

I know I will have activity in 2022, whether I end up doing that points stay or not.
This is one of the good things about having a WoH credit card. Constant activity and almost no risk of points expiration.

Do you have a Hyatt nearby? If so, you should be able to have a non-alcoholic drink or a burger or something and then put your WoH number on the receipt when you pay.
JoeWoodstock likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:52 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by js1993
This is one of the good things about having a WoH credit card. Constant activity and almost no risk of points expiration
No almost ... Points won't expire as long as your WoH account is active.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:26 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by skj
No almost ... Points won't expire as long as your WoH account is active.
I meant that a person could forget to charge anything to the card for over a year. I don't believe the card's annual fee yields WoH points (?).
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:19 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by js1993
I meant that a person could forget to charge anything to the card for over a year. I don't believe the card's annual fee yields WoH points (?).
It's a WoH card benefit. From the Chase web site ...

"There’s no limit to the number of Bonus Points you can earn and points don’t expire as long as your World of Hyatt Credit Card is open."
jn in ca likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by skj
It's a WoH card benefit. From the Chase web site ...

"There’s no limit to the number of Bonus Points you can earn and points don’t expire as long as your World of Hyatt Credit Card is open."
Thanks. Didn't know about that last part. Between CC spending and hundreds of nights at Hyatts, it's not anything I've had to worry about.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:42 am

Do you have the WOH credit card? points dont expire for as long as your WOH Credit Card is open
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
So, we've had at least 5 or 6 consecutive posts repeating that having a Hyatt credit card will prevent points from expiring.

Anyhow, not everyone has or wants this cc. And many of us have not been traveling much (or at all) in 2020 and 2021. I appreciate that one can simply buy points for $24 per 1,000 to reset the expiry clock to two years from now. Or have a meal at a Hyatt restaurant and show your membership number to get points. Etc., etc., etc.

Another possibility (apologies if I'm repeating someone) is to convert Hyatt points to airline miles. This isn't necessarily that worthwhile (minimum conversion of 5,000 points, normally at a 2.5 to 1 ratio of points to miles), but it's simple and quick to do online, doesn't require spending any money, etc.

However, I'm annoyed at Hyatt for being so unrelenting in enforcing its two-year points expiration policy, in the face of an almost two-year-long pandemic. Back in 2019 I did have a couple of Hyatt stays, and if it weren't for the pandemic, I almost certainly would have had at least another stay or two in 2020/2021. Come on, Hyatt, show a little mercy! The other hotel programs I patronize are doing so, why not Hyatt?
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:42 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I think the terms of WoH are clear and Hyatt has been exceptionally and extremely generous in 2020 and 2021. everybody signed up to the T&C, and Hyatt could have stuck to them as well, but they didn't and showed loyalty to their customers. Loyalty is a 2-way street, so i guess a nice dinner with your loved SO is not too much to ask for, or if your SO is not worth it, then spend 24$ for the points.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I think the terms of WoH are clear and Hyatt has been exceptionally and extremely generous in 2020 and 2021. everybody signed up to the T&C, and Hyatt could have stuck to them as well, but they didn't and showed loyalty to their customers. Loyalty is a 2-way street, so i guess a nice dinner with your loved SO is not too much to ask for, or if your SO is not worth it, then spend 24$ for the points.
I knew someone (at least one) would flame me with a condescending (and inappropriate) screed.
karenkay, lclaman and WasKnown like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 3:35 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I think the issue is that the extensions to the 24-month rule were, for the most part, irrelevant to a lot of folks on here [since I think a lot of us had stays in the months immediately prior to March 2020].

Also, that dinner is nice if you've got a decent HR in town. I'm not sure your SO is going to appreciate being taken out for something from the lobby at your local HP... ;-)
Old Nov 16, 2021, 4:23 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I knew someone (at least one) would flame me with a condescending (and inappropriate) screed.
You’re not allowed to say anything negative about Hyatt here lol. The only exception is the Park Hyatt New York. That’s trash!
notquiteaff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.