Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Hyatt Campgrounds

This looks new.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...mpground/sjcac

Bring your own tent.

I wonder what the globalist breakfast is like

Do you think you earn points??

Doesn’t seem like you can redeem points yet — but I don’t blame them. I’m sure the Cat 1 Park and Grand Hyatts wouldn’t like their rooms to be compared to a 20x20 patch of dirt in California

Last edited by blahmeh14; Oct 1, 2021 at 9:12 pm
Old Oct 1, 2021, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by blahmeh14
This looks new.

Bring your own tent.

I’ve seen this on the site for at least the past year. I have always been curious how it works.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by blahmeh14
This looks new.

Bring your own tent.

Doesn’t seem like you can redeem points yet — but I don’t blame them. I’m sure the Cat 1 Park and Grand Hyatts wouldn’t like their rooms to be compared to a 20x20 patch of dirt in California
I've camped there before, most recently Labor Day weekend. Yes, you earn points (and nights). No Globalist recognition.

Old Oct 1, 2021, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
I've camped there before, most recently Labor Day weekend. Yes, you earn points (and nights). No Globalist recognition.
How was the experience?
Would you recommend it?
I'm debating whether I want to stay one night here after staying a few nights at the Ventana resort itself.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by agjil
How was the experience?
Would you recommend it?
I'm debating whether I want to stay one night here after staying a few nights at the Ventana resort itself.
It's a pitch a tent campground with coin showers, not much different than any other campgrounds. Except that it's expensive for what it is, but it's in Big Sur.
TerryK likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...... Yes, you earn points (and nights). No Globalist recognition.
Bummer. No "suite campsite" to pitch your tent.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 9:51 pm

It's a pitch a tent campground with coin showers, not much different than any other campgrounds. Except that it's expensive for what it is, but it's in Big Sur.
Lol, makes sense, thanks for the reply.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 11:04 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
I have a reservation for one of their glamping sites at $250 a night in November. Staying two nights and then moving to a suite at Carmel Highlands. I’m sure I’m overpaying for a camping experience but the photos look fun. It will get me over 60 nights, too.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I wish they had a camping option where the tent was provided and pitched.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
They do, actually. Check their website for the camping options which include a tent cabin of sorts. Very cozy.
236Dakota likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Thanks for the info.

I am curious:

(A) How much do the showers cost there?
(B) And for how many minutes does the shower run per each coin payment/payment unit?
(C) And were the showers configured to be one of those low-flow showers meant to reduce water expense?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
How much are campsites normally in California? The most I've ever paid for a camp site is like $20 a night, and that is where there are really nice free shower/toilet facilities, on site activities (etc). These are four times that amount!
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Thanks for the info.

I am curious:

(A) How much do the showers cost there?
(B) And for how many minutes does the shower run per each coin payment/payment unit?
(C) And were the showers configured to be one of those low-flow showers meant to reduce water expense?
A. $2 for 5 mins. Tokens required, machine only takes $1s and $5s despite sign stating $1s, $5s and $10s.
B. See A.
C. I don't think the heads were designed to be low flow, just cheap ones.

Water is cold or very hot...hard to adjust temperature. There's "private" showers rooms at the lower bathroom near entrance and public showers at the upper bathrrom.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by MarkOK
How much are campsites normally in California? The most I've ever paid for a camp site is like $20 a night, and that is where there are really nice free shower/toilet facilities, on site activities (etc). These are four times that amount!
$20 to $30 range for almost most public campground, with Yosemite at $36/night is probably the highest for a public campground. Private campgrounds such as Ventana are typically more expensive.

Because of the price, it's much easier to get a preferred or multiple campsites. Public campsites can be tough to secure.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by cfabar1
I wish they had a camping option where the tent was provided and pitched.
If you're looking for glamping, another option is Costanoa. IMO, not as bougie but also more affordable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.