Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Billed twice, then billed a third time!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2021, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium

Hi everyone,

A week ago I checked out of my first Hyatt stay at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in Orlando. We enjoyed our stay and all was well. However, a few days after checking out I noticed that they charged my credit card twice for the remaining room balance. This charge posted to my account and was no longer pending.

I called the hotel and after a lot of searching they said that one charge failed and that it should drop off, and to contact Chase with any further questions. I wasn’t satisfied with this response considering it posted to my statement, so I called Chase to inquire and they said they would dispute the charge.

I ended up getting in contact with one of Hyatt’s Twitter reps and they got me in contact with another agent over email who I think worked at the property. After verifying information she said she issued me a refund which posted immediately. Satisfied with this I called Chase to cancel the dispute.

Today, I was going thru my CC statement and saw a THIRD charge that said “REBILL - HYATT RGNCY GRAND CYPRESS”! It said the charge was made on September 13 (check out date) and posted on the 17th. The two previous charges are still on my statement as well as the refund, so in the end I’ve still been charged twice.

Has anyone dealt with something like this? I just contacted them on Twitter again for help but I was wondering if anyone else has any suggestions.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Isn’t this easily handled by reporting dup charges to the CC company?
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by andy_dangg
Has anyone dealt with something like this? I just contacted them on Twitter again for help but I was wondering if anyone else has any suggestions.
It sounds like gross incompetence at the property. I think you're right to pursue both at the property level and with Chase. They may try to bill you again even after you win your second dispute.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:07 am

I've had this same issue with multiple Hyatt properties this year. At the Confidante, they told me that a bogus drinks charge would be removed from my folio multiple times, and I was still billed for it, and it took a lot of back and forth to get it removed. The Hyatt Regency Portland incorrectly billed me for breakfast after saying it would be removed. The worst has been the Hyatt Centric Times Square. I made a reservation there and cancelled it well ahead of the cancellation window, and they didn't refund me the deposit. Finally, after multiple back and forths with Twitter and the property, they refunded me the deposit. Then the cancelled stay date passed, and I was billed the full amount AGAIN, which I'm in the midst of disputing right now...
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Wow. These really are serious examples of major incompetence. What's going on in the Hyatt accounting departments these days?
strickerj likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Wow. These really are serious examples of major incompetence. What's going on in the Hyatt accounting departments these days?
I don't think this is Hyatt specific. Many properties jettisoned their experienced staff in the early days of the pandemic.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:51 pm

This just happened to me at the Hyatt Centric 39th and 5th in New York. Concierge talked to the hotel who contacted me immediately. They said that it looked right on their side. I told them I was good to wait until the end of the week to see if it showed properly.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
I was billed 14 times for the same room at the Hyatt Regency in ROC to my WOH Chase Card for a 9-12-913 21 stay. Still waiting to get it cleared up. Charges posted last Thursday 9-16 I called Chase and Hyatt ROC, and hotel said it would get its vendor to fix it. Still not fixed today. Chase said to wait till Thursday to dispute. Just a pain.

Safe Travels
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by GTITAN
I was billed 14 times for the same room at the Hyatt Regency in ROC to my WOH Chase Card for a 9-12-913 21 stay. Still waiting to get it cleared up. Charges posted last Thursday 9-16 I called Chase and Hyatt ROC, and hotel said it would get its vendor to fix it. Still not fixed today. Chase said to wait till Thursday to dispute. Just a pain.

Safe Travels
Wow!

Make them allow you to keep those points from your WOH card for the trouble!
GTITAN likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.