Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House The Woodlands / Shenandoah

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA

Looks to be a fairly new property. Has anyone stayed here or know the area?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:23 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by theshaun
Looks to be a fairly new property. Has anyone stayed here or know the area?
It's a new build HH that opened the end of May. It's located in a newish development east of The Woodlands and not particularly convenient with the main commercial areas. There are a few restaurants and some limited shopping within walking distance. Unless there's a significant price difference, the HP in The Woodlands is a better choice for most things one might do in the area.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skj
It's a new build HH that opened the end of May. It's located in a newish development east of The Woodlands and not particularly convenient with the main commercial areas. There are a few restaurants and some limited shopping within walking distance. Unless there's a significant price difference, the HP in The Woodlands is a better choice for most things one might do in the area.
I anticipate evenings in with takeaway. For the dates i'm looking at, studios can be had for less than $100/night, free parking and breakfast. My real hesitation is travel between the hotel and Memorial park where I'll be spending my days at the golf tournament. Assuming it will take about 40 min each way.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 10:05 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I anticipate evenings in with takeaway. For the dates i'm looking at, studios can be had for less than $100/night, free parking and breakfast. My real hesitation is travel between the hotel and Memorial park where I'll be spending my days at the golf tournament. Assuming it will take about 40 min each way.
40 minutes would be best case. If you're traveling during commute times, it could easily be an hour or more. If you're here for the tournament in November, I'd look at the HP or HH near the Galleria, the HH Energy Quarter, the HP Katy, or even the HR IAH. All are much closer to Memorial Park and rates (except for the HP Galleria) all look to be comparable during the tournament dates.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skj
40 minutes would be best case. If you're traveling during commute times, it could easily be an hour or more. If you're here for the tournament in November, I'd look at the HP or HH near the Galleria, the HH Energy Quarter, the HP Katy, or even the HR IAH. All are much closer to Memorial Park and rates (except for the HP Galleria) all look to be comparable during the tournament dates.
Thanks for this. The properties at the Galleria don't include parking for us lowly Explorists and on principal, I can't justify $20+ per day for parking there. HH Energy Quarter looks to be totally run down. HP Katy was an option I was looking at as was the HR Houston West (former Omni)
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
My real hesitation is travel between the hotel and Memorial park where I'll be spending my days at the golf tournament. Assuming it will take about 40 min each way.
40 minutes to Memorial park might possibly happen at 3am (and with a tailwind). I would bank at least an hour if traveling in the mornings, and that would not include the time to park at the event itself.

I'm not sure how much more expensive the HP Galleria is for those days, but you will be saving a gallon of gas money each way.

I would also not be shocked if they have tournament shuttle bus service between the Galleria and the course, in which case you may not need a car to get back and forth to the course.

The hotel has a free shuttle in a 3 mile radius, and the park entrance and Arboretum (where park and ride was last year) is just inside a 3 mile radius (whether they would take you there on tournament day might be a different story).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.