Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Toronto (new) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Toronto (new) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:16 pm

Thank you clearedforlanding ! Would love to see photos of the rooms, food and anything you think would be helpful. Looking to come check it out soon to see the changes.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Toronto Life Park Hyatt article w/ lots of pictures

Probably the saddest looking PH Presidential suite out there.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I just did a 5 night stay at the Park Hyatt Toronto... Upgraded with a suite certificate to a corner suite. I had my apprehensions after booking the hotel and seeing all the pictures and comments here.. Did not have high expectations at all, but I can say I was still pleasantly surprised.. The rooms are really not as bad as the photos suggest and not as underwhelming as I imagined... Yes, there are parts of the room that seems out of place for a luxury 5 star hotel (wall aircon units), but overall I say that the detail to the finishes are top notch and that the room was very comfortable. Room cleaning seemed to be very thorough, and like other top hotels helped me fold some clothing, arrange my shoes nicely, and put a towel under my toiletries, etc But what really shines is the customer service. Everyone I interacted with were friendly, polite remembered me and always addressed me by name. Had breakfast everyday at Joni and the food was very good.

Only negative experience I had was the writer's room, where I put my name down for a table being promised a call back when one become available. Ended up getting a SMS text message giving me a 10 min grace period, with no way to contact them back.. I was not able to get back to the hotel for another 30 mins, so tried calling the hotel front desk, only to be told that they did not have a phone number but would pass my message to them. Never heard back from the writer's room, so just gave up going back altogether.

Other than that, I would definitely come back to stay there again, especially when the other 2 hotels (Hazelton and 4 seasons) in the same area were charging 20%-30% more in comparison.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:52 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tfung
Yes, there are parts of the room that seems out of place for a luxury 5 star hotel (wall aircon units), but overall I say that the detail to the finishes are top notch and that the room was very comfortable.
Great to hear you had a positive experience!

What do you mean about the wall aircon unit? It's certainly not a PTAC, but I also don't see any diffusers in any of the photos available online, so curious what sort of system they have. Do you have a picture?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 1:59 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by hp12c
Great to hear you had a positive experience!

What do you mean about the wall aircon unit? It's certainly not a PTAC, but I also don't see any diffusers in any of the photos available online, so curious what sort of system they have. Do you have a picture?
Its not a PTAC unit.. It's a central aircon unit.. But not sure what it's called.. I didn't take a photo myself, but I found a picture from before the renovation where you can see it:

I guess they didn't renovate this part of the rooms as the cost would have been quite expensive..
hp12c likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:01 am

Relatively close to the airport? In a convenient part of town?

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Visconti

Thanks!
YTZ - 15 minutes by car
YYZ - 30 minutes by car

Convenient to what? UToronto, yes. Old Toronto and Harbourfront, eh.

David
Visconti likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Visconti

Thanks!
Convenient for shopping and some museums. Not a bad drive to YYZ but depends on traffic.
Visconti likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I just did a 5 night stay at the Park Hyatt Toronto... Upgraded with a suite certificate to a corner suite. I had my apprehensions after booking the hotel and seeing all the pictures and comments here.. Did not have high expectations at all, but I can say I was still pleasantly surprised.. The rooms are really not as bad as the photos suggest and not as underwhelming as I imagined... Yes, there are parts of the room that seems out of place for a luxury 5 star hotel (wall aircon units), but overall I say that the detail to the finishes are top notch and that the room was very comfortable. Room cleaning seemed to be very thorough, and like other top hotels helped me fold some clothing, arrange my shoes nicely, and put a towel under my toiletries, etc But what really shines is the customer service. Everyone I interacted with were friendly, polite remembered me and always addressed me by name. Had breakfast everyday at Joni and the food was very good.

Only negative experience I had was the writer's room, where I put my name down for a table being promised a call back when one become available. Ended up getting a SMS text message giving me a 10 min grace period, with no way to contact them back.. I was not able to get back to the hotel for another 30 mins, so tried calling the hotel front desk, only to be told that they did not have a phone number but would pass my message to them. Never heard back from the writer's room, so just gave up going back altogether.

Other than that, I would definitely come back to stay there again, especially when the other 2 hotels (Hazelton and 4 seasons) in the same area were charging 20%-30% more in comparison.
Can you provide more details about the breakfast? I'm a Globalist and would love to know more about breakfast.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:53 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lsquare
Can you provide more details about the breakfast? I'm a Globalist and would love to know more about breakfast.
Currently no limits on what can be ordered for Globalist breakfast. 2 adults and our son, we ordered 3 smoothies, 3 hot drinks, 3 mains and one sweet dish and berries to share. It came out to around $250. It was very good! This would be a regular local staycation for us if it had a pool.

Having to walk across the lobby and restaurant lounge to use the gym is a bit awkward. Rooms are nice!
lsquare and luvFclass like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:40 pm

I can't remember exactly how much it was when I was there.. but it they told me it basically a fixed amount you can spend per day.. maybe like CAD$70 per room? I was by myself, so never really went over that much anyways...
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeyyz
Currently no limits on what can be ordered for Globalist breakfast. 2 adults and our son, we ordered 3 smoothies, 3 hot drinks, 3 mains and one sweet dish and berries to share. It came out to around $250. It was very good! This would be a regular local staycation for us if it had a pool.

Having to walk across the lobby and restaurant lounge to use the gym is a bit awkward. Rooms are nice!
I can't remember exactly how much it was when I was there.. but it they told me it basically a fixed amount you can spend per day.. maybe like CAD$70 per room? I was by myself, so never really went over that much anyways...
I called the front desk last night and the rep said breakfast is ordered off a menu due to new COVID restrictions. She didn't mention anything about a limit to what I can order, just that breakfast is free for Globalists.

Were you guys able to upgrade to a suite? I figure occupancy should be low enough that my odds may be relatively high?

Is there an ideal room location?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm somewhat surprised that this thread isn't more active. Anyways, I'm currently at the Park Hyatt Toronto. I'm thinking of writing a mini-review once my stay concludes. I want to stay anonymous in case the hotel staff monitor this thread, so I'll withhold specific details. Anyone got questions about this property can ask away. I'll respond when I'm not working in my room.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I'm somewhat surprised that this thread isn't more active. Anyways, I'm currently at the Park Hyatt Toronto. I'm thinking of writing a mini-review once my stay concludes. I want to stay anonymous in case the hotel staff monitor this thread, so I'll withhold specific details. Anyone got questions about this property can ask away. I'll respond when I'm not working in my room.
Would love to hear if it's actually worth staying at.

We stayed before the reno and the "suite" was just two dated rooms joined together, nothing nice at all really. The rooftop bar was great with nice views, would also be good to know if the views have become any more obstructed in the past 5 years (assuming the rooftop bar is still open).

We have family in Toronto and stayed at the Westin a few months ago which was shockingly fine (seems like it should be crumbling but it wasn't).
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Would love to hear if it's actually worth staying at.

We stayed before the reno and the "suite" was just two dated rooms joined together, nothing nice at all really. The rooftop bar was great with nice views, would also be good to know if the views have become any more obstructed in the past 5 years (assuming the rooftop bar is still open).

We have family in Toronto and stayed at the Westin a few months ago which was shockingly fine (seems like it should be crumbling but it wasn't).
My room looks pretty nice. It definitely has a new-like feel. I think some of the reviews said it's not worth the price, but when I was searching for luxury hotels in Toronto, I recall the St. Regis was priced similarly to the PH Toronto.

The view isn't fantastic since the hotel isn't very tall. It's a city view, and I can easily see inside some of the condo rooms.

I think the TV in my room is at least 65" and looks new. If I were you, I would try out the property now before wear and tear make the hotel feels old.
platbrownguy likes this.

Last edited by lsquare; Jan 14, 2022 at 8:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.