Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:10 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Can confirm the above post.
Executive lounge hours now somewhat reduced from 14:30 to 18:00
Phillbsb1979 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Can confirm the above post.
Executive lounge hours now somewhat reduced from 14:30 to 18:00
I am here right now. That is confirmed: M-F 2:30p to 6p.
Old May 2, 2024, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Does this hotel offer late check out for Globs even though it's JdV?
Old May 2, 2024, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
Does this hotel offer late check out for Globs even though it's JdV?
They do. Anyway, there is no exception for JdV.
Old May 13, 2024, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Just had a really nice 3 days stay at The Tribune Rome.
Check-in was efficient and friendly, and Globalist status was recognized although no suite was available for an upgrade. Was told that everything in the minibar fridge was for me to enjoy or take with me if I wish (which I did, along with the welcome gift of a decent bottle of Chianti). Was given a voucher for 2 welcome drinks (which we chose 2 glasses of Prosecco) at Terrazza Borghese.

The room was spacious, almost a junior suite, with a nice bathroom.

Location was excellent, barely 5 minutes' walk to elegant Via Veneto, 15 minutes' walk to the Spanish Steps and Via Condotti with all the fancy shops. (Rome is ALREADY packed with tourists and we're in the first week of May!)

Breakfast was excellent with lots of excellent choices, and complimentary for Globalists of course.

The Executive Lounge is the same space used for breakfast and it's open from 2:30PM to 6:00PM with nice snacks and Prosecco, wines, beer, soft drinks, etc.

We hosted a dinner for 7 people at the rooftop Terrazza Borghese and it was great! The food was superb and the service top notch.

We will be back!
Old May 18, 2024, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by sapguy
Just had a really nice 3 days stay at The Tribune Rome.
Check-in was efficient and friendly, and Globalist status was recognized although no suite was available for an upgrade. Was told that everything in the minibar fridge was for me to enjoy or take with me if I wish (which I did, along with the welcome gift of a decent bottle of Chianti). Was given a voucher for 2 welcome drinks (which we chose 2 glasses of Prosecco) at Terrazza Borghese.

The room was spacious, almost a junior suite, with a nice bathroom.

Location was excellent, barely 5 minutes' walk to elegant Via Veneto, 15 minutes' walk to the Spanish Steps and Via Condotti with all the fancy shops. (Rome is ALREADY packed with tourists and we're in the first week of May!)

Breakfast was excellent with lots of excellent choices, and complimentary for Globalists of course.

The Executive Lounge is the same space used for breakfast and it's open from 2:30PM to 6:00PM with nice snacks and Prosecco, wines, beer, soft drinks, etc.

We hosted a dinner for 7 people at the rooftop Terrazza Borghese and it was great! The food was superb and the service top notch.

We will be back!
Thanks for your review!
Considering as an option for a long weekend in Rome next Maybut a bit hesitant due to location, rooms/suites size and lack of lounge over the weekendwould you nevertheless recommend it?
Old May 19, 2024, 12:42 am

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Thanks for your review!
Considering as an option for a long weekend in Rome next Maybut a bit hesitant due to location, rooms/suites size and lack of lounge over the weekendwould you nevertheless recommend it?
New Thompson Rome should be open by then!
Old May 19, 2024, 6:46 am

Thanks didn’t know about it!
But apparently opening already delayed until Q1 2025 (if not later)?
And no details (photos, pricing, restaurants etc)?
Old May 19, 2024, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Thanks for your review!
Frankly, given my experience with your posting history, etc. (including in the Luxury Hotel forum) I'm not really sure this property would be to your liking (though I certainly could be wrong). I'm not sure I agree with a few comments here, IMHO location isn't great, it's pretty far removed from the action. That can be a pro or con depending on your perspective. My wife and I like to walk so that wasn't a big problem.

Upgrades can be challenging, when we've stayed it's usually packed and we don't get upgraded. That isn't too big a deal to us to honest, as when in Rome, we really don't spend much time at the room.

Breakfast is ok, but certainly not stand out in anyway. Overall, I'd say our stay was "fine."

If money isn't an issue (and it seems its not for you) and you don't really need the Hyatt EQNs (which clearly you don't) I suspect there are better options, perhaps the St Regis?

Anyhow, that is my two cents.

Regards
Old May 19, 2024, 12:29 pm

Thanks for the advice (I booked the St Regis on points as an alternative) even though I am like everybody price/value sensitive…
Old May 19, 2024, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Thanks for your review!
I do recommend it. The location is not an issue (at least not to ME) as its 5 minutes walk to Via Venetto and 15 minutes walk to the Spanish Steps and VIa Condotti. The lounge is quite fine too me, although this hotel is NOT to be confused with the PH Paris Vendome that you are used to
Old May 19, 2024, 1:19 pm

Thanks for the advice (I booked the St Regis on points as an alternative) even though I am like everybody price/value sensitive
The St Regis Rome is fine, but its about 10 minutes walk from The Tribune Rome, so more or less in the same neighborhood.

Quite frankly, I dont understand the beef about the unfavorable localtion of The Tribune. I was just there so I dont see any issue with its location.

But as I stated earlier, if you want the same caliber of the PH Paris Vendome, then the St Regis may be the better fit.
Old May 19, 2024, 1:28 pm

Thanks!
I have 11 months to decide (and maybe the Thompson will become a third option by then) but I don’t only stay at the PHV (will stay at a Unbound and HR in South of France next week and HR Etoile the following one &#128580.
Old May 19, 2024, 1:49 pm

Thanks!
I have 11 months to decide (and maybe the Thompson will become a third option by then) but I don’t only stay at the PHV (will stay at a Unbound and HR in South of France next week and HR Etoile the following one &#128580.
My pleasure, being that you have lots of Hyatt points to burn, The Tribune is a viable option, IMO.

I stopped by the Lumen Bar at the St Regis to try their famous Bloody Mary and it was very good! There are also 2 Marriott properties of high caliber for you to consider, the Westin Excelsior and the Marriott Rome, both are on Via Venetto. I will probably stay at the Westin next time as I like Westin but The Tribune will always be one of my options for Rome.

BTW, many people on this thread said negative things about the location and about Via Venetto as the “has been” area, but I prefer it since it has a LOT less tourists than the Spanish Steps, the Colosseum, etc., and you can easily walk to the tourist traps or take the taxi (via Uber) which are quite inexpensive. Right off of Via Venetto on Via Lazio, there are some excellent trattoria with fantastic food patronized by local Romans, and I had wonderful meals in the area around The Tribune, IMO better food and prices than where the “action” is. My 2 pennies.

UPDATE: I just checked with the Mr. & Mrs. Smith link from Hyatt.com, so presumably any hotel on this site would be bookable with Hyatt points. You now have a very interesting option in the Hotel Palazzo Manfredi!

https://www.hyatt.com/mr-and-mrs-smi...lazzo-manfredi

This hotel could come closer to the standard that you are accustomed to at the PH Paris Vendme! It’s located near the Colosseum so a bit south of the Spanish Steps, Via Condotti, the Trevi Fountains, etc. but it looks very compelling. This hotel is now on my radar screen for future stays in Rome.

Last edited by sapguy; May 19, 2024 at 5:13 pm
Old May 19, 2024, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I agree this location is fine. I'd actually rather be here than in an area that's totally clogged with tourists and very difficult to access by car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.