Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 11, 2024, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by slariz
Apparently this room can accommodate 4 people - any idea how? Would it be terribly uncomfortable for a 2 night stay for a family of 4?
Perhaps the sofa becomes a sofabed? It would be tight for 4 people, everyone occupying the same space, but there are two (small) bathrooms. If someone gets out of line, they could be banished to the long, meter-wide balcony…
Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the note on the new lounge setup. We'll be there in early March and I'll report on its status at that time as well.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:24 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Stop press !
New development !

Since the start of February this hotel now transforms the ground floor breakfast area into an executive club lounge between the afternoon hours of 1pm and 7pm each day from Monday to Friday (lounge NOT available on weekends at the moment)

Globalists are allowed free entry.

Wine, beer, and soft drinks plus a selection of (all cold) finger foods and sandwiches and cakes are served each day, at all hours in which the lounge is open.

The food does NOT change from day to day and is always the same.

From what I understand this "lounge" is still an experimental/testing phase and is not a permanent (or advertised) fixture yet, so what I have just written above may change (or disappear) over the coming weeks or months.
Very welcome development for those of us that are falling asleep from jet lag, and don't want to wait until 7:30 pm for most Rome restaurants to open (although the in-house Terrazza Borghese seems to admit diners at 6:00 pm)...
Old Feb 12, 2024, 7:28 am

Programs: LH HON, Hyatt Globalist
Just completed a two day stay at this hotel on points:
  • After some back and forth, was upgraded from a Standard Room booked on Free Night Certificates to a Family Room as Globalist travelling with wife with and two kids. Room (#301) is fine for a short stay. Everyone is super friendly at the hotel.
  • The rooftop restaurant is never very busy and “good enough” if you don’t fancy venturing out into the city.
  • The lounge is indeed only open on work days. The offering in terms of food and drink was very nice, almost like in Asian/Middle East clubs.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:13 am

Stayed at the Tribune as an Explorist from Dec 22-25 using points and suite upgrades. Was the only non-SLH where I could burn the upgrades before expiration given my trip schedules. Jr Suite was spacious enough for 2. Neighborhood was just on the other side of the city wall from the Borghesi Park and house. More quiet and residential. Took busses and metro to most sites. Staff was well intended, but not particularly knowledgeable about transit, site tickets and times, etc. But, for a not too expensive spot in a more quiet neighborhood where the points came cheap and upgrades are accepted, this locale was just fine.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 8:37 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Explore
Very welcome development for those of us that are falling asleep from jet lag, and don't want to wait until 7:30 pm for most Rome restaurants to open (although the in-house Terrazza Borghese seems to admit diners at 6:00 pm)...
Looking forward to visiting this lounge in six weeks. I have to say I have a love/hate relationship with this hotel. Once we moved the pillows from the bed and to the top of the armoire, rearranged the furniture a bit, the room was much more usable for us. I love its a category 4 and the transit options for this hotel are terrific once you get a hang of the bus schedules. I hate the location as I'm used to the Centro, but I am beginning to love seeing the wall and bit of the Borghese park. It's also super quiet. Wondering what will become of the hotel next door. Will it also be rebranded a Hyatt?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Moving to category 5. Tragedy.
Glenlivet likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:52 am

Think being dramatic saying moving to cat 5 is a tradegy... expected with the prices revenue goes for. Granted it reduces the use of using a cat 1-4 fnc
Old Mar 1, 2024, 12:57 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
It was honestly to be expected. This hotel was one of the best uses of points in Rome especially when compared with HH/Bonvoy. The lounge set-up softens the increase also.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I'm looking at Jan 2025 redemptions and at 18K a night or 248 Euros, I'm more inclined to pay cash than use points for our stay.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
It was never ever available when I looked. (Admittedly I only ever plan a trip sub 30 days in advance.)
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:47 am

Stayed at the Tribune four nights in February with 11 yo granddaughter. We really liked the hotel. Agree with all said here about the junior suite being smallish and not really a suite, but the quality was good. Despite some older posts here, for us the minibar was free for one pass through the contents, and globalist treatment overall was excellent. As others said the breakfast buffet downstairs is not all that impressive, but we were told we could order from the menu, and enjoyed that every day complimentary. The breakfast room converts to lounge for afternoon snacks and drinks, nothing all that wonderful there. The rooftop restaurant made decent pasta and a pizza we loved. Borghese Gardens is a gem nearby, and several affordable small restaurants with a few blocks. It's a downhill walk to all of the main tourist sites, although of course that means an uphill walk (or Uber) home at the end of the day. Sad to see the change to category 5, but even then I would definitely stay again in the future.
est-gratuite and Cmag211 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by cswriter
The breakfast room converts to lounge for afternoon snacks and drinks, nothing all that wonderful there.
Is the lounge open for globalists only (with complimentary access) for aperitivo? Or is it open to everyone at a cost?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Is the lounge open for globalists only (with complimentary access) for aperitivo? Or is it open to everyone at a cost?
I believe it's 35 euro for non-Globalists. It's open from 2-7pm on weekdays only. A non-Globalist could get value if you wanted to do all your eating and drinking for the night here. Not that much in terms of food and beverage options, though. We went around 5pm twice during our stay, and we were the only ones ever there.

I believe the front desk said they might be ending the program when we were there early March, so definitely check in with them if it's something you plan to make use of.
sfvoyage likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 2:44 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Lomic
It's open from 2-7pm on weekdays only. .
I'm here on a stay right now and the hours have been reduced to 2:30 - 6:00 Monday - Friday. I also happened to be here for the first day that they opened it in February and the hours were originally 1:00 - 7:00. Seems like they are still feeling out what works and even if the concept is worth keeping at all.
est-gratuite likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.