Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I'm checking into this hotel later today.

Uber is pricing out at 55 (right now, anyway) from FCO which seems high (probably because they don't have Uber X -- black is the cheapest) but not completely crazy given the distance.

Is there a better / cheaper way to get to the hotel in a private car? Will a taxi be better?

Edit: found my answer with the "50 flat rate" signs by the taxi stands. Uber was up over 75; in a taxi now
Flat rate! Commune di Roma taxis are legit.... Only use those to and from airport.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:54 am

we had a great stay here:

Pocatello likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Osteria Barberini, 44 Osteria Quarantaquattro
I just ate here; thanks for recommending it.

Mozzarella and Proscuitto di Parma

Black Truffle Ravioli

Sea Bass

Chocolate Cake topped with ricotta and pear

Everything was good. If I had to do it over I would probably order a white truffle dish instead of the ravioli (I hadn't eaten truffles in a while and had forgotten that black truffles are not my favorite. The dish was still good though)

This was a lot of food; I hadn't eaten in about a day (jet lag; unfortunately I slept all day) and I still didn't manage to finish the dessert (which is a shame because it was extremely good). I would suggest one less dish on a "normal" appetite.

The price was reasonable too; 88 for all this food, a beer, 2 bottles of water (750 mL each) and an espresso.

I like the hotel as well. Certainly the room is small (I got upgraded to a deluxe room; it's still tiny) but the shower is good (very hot water; rainfall shower; good pressure) and the bed is extremely good quality (very firm and comfortable; my back feels good despite sleeping for so long). The blackout curtains keep the room nice and dark for sleeping too.

There are lots of very beautiful luxury hotels around here, but if you don't want to spend that kind of money this is a very good option.

Unfortunately I slept through breakfast (by about 6 hours) so I can't comment on that yet.
lalala, Kacee, stvr and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just did a 1 night stay using a cert. On checkout I was charged 6 euros for the city tax. Is that normal? I've never been charged taxes on an award night before.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:36 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I just did a 1 night stay using a cert. On checkout I was charged 6 euros for the city tax. Is that normal? I've never been charged taxes on an award night before.
Yes, that's normal. Many jurisdictions charge a fixed occupancy tax per night. Some properties may choose to pass that tax on to the guest.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PSA: Check your Hyatt CC transactions

I had two recent stays here. One was just a $6 city tax charge on a free night but the other was a 4 night paid stay. Neither one posted as a Hyatt charge so I only got 1x pts. I'll call Chase today
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:44 am

Looking at this hotel for an upcoming stay for a family of 4. From the descriptions, there doesn't seem to be much difference between the 1 King Bed Family Room, Junior Suite and the Junior Suite Deluxe. Rates are pretty close to each other on these room types - any of these rooms better than the others?

And it doesn't seem like this hotel offers any connecting room types?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by slariz
Looking at this hotel for an upcoming stay for a family of 4. From the descriptions, there doesn't seem to be much difference between the 1 King Bed Family Room, Junior Suite and the Junior Suite Deluxe. Rates are pretty close to each other on these room types - any of these rooms better than the others?

And it doesn't seem like this hotel offers any connecting room types?
these are not suites at all - suggest getting two rooms. Not sure what the family room would be like but I couldn't swing a cat in my "suite"
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by lalala
these are not suites at all - suggest getting two rooms. Not sure what the family room would be like but I couldn't swing a cat in my "suite"
Thank you! Guess we will have to look outside the Hyatt network for this stay.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:56 pm

Can anyone confirm that the bedding in the standard room (King) looks like the picture? If so, this will work fine for me and a buddy, similar to 2 twins.

Old Nov 6, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold , Hyatt Globalist, United Gold
Originally Posted by lalala View Post
Originally Posted by slariz
Thank you! Guess we will have to look outside the Hyatt network for this stay.
This is probably too late for your stay, but for anyone else looking, this hotel does do second room discounts for Family stays as long as nobody is older than 12 in the second room, they'll give you ~50% off the flex rate (mine was a few euro over 50% not sure why). You have to call to book as you cannot use this rate online. First room can be booked via points or cash.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Drek82
This is probably too late for your stay, but for anyone else looking, this hotel does do second room discounts for Family stays as long as nobody is older than 12 in the second room, they'll give you ~50% off the flex rate (mine was a few euro over 50% not sure why). You have to call to book as you cannot use this rate online. First room can be booked via points or cash.
Thank you! Yeah we are familiar with this rate plan - I believe it is common throughout all Hyatt properties in Europe. It would only work for us however if the rooms would be connecting, and it doesn't seem this property has those (unless someone says otherwise!)
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
I am staying here next month on a solo trip. I used a SUA to get this: "One King Junior Suite"

The points per night seemed reasonable.

My first trip to Rome. Any suggestions on what to do on a short visit?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Pocatello
I am staying here next month on a solo trip. I used a SUA to get this: "One King Junior Suite"

The points per night seemed reasonable.

My first trip to Rome. Any suggestions on what to do on a short visit?
Ive had two excellent food tours with Domenico from Eating Europe. Both are tasty ways to get off the beaten tourist track.

The Colosseum tour at night is pretty spectacular. I love wandering the city to see the monuments all lit up.

You can book early access to the Vatican Museums and see the Sistine chapel with a small group vs being packed in like sardines later in the day.

I guess it depends what you are in to, but those things have been some of my more memorable Rome experiences.
Kacee and Pocatello like this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Pocatello
My first trip to Rome. Any suggestions on what to do on a short visit?[/color]
IMO the Pantheon is an absolute must. Only takes 30 minutes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.