Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2021, 9:54 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by 168
As a data point for a different Hyatt location, I was able to call Diamond line and after they spoke with my no status spouse to confirm giving up of those certs, Hyatt changed those cat 4 certs to my name. This way we won’t have to deal with potential room change and to ensure Diamond breakfast will carryover to our entire stay.
did not have such luck, but spousal reservation is first night and mine are the next three. Hyatt customer care noted the two reservations are linked. She’s already upgraded into jr suite (whatever that entails is beyond me - you can swing a bigger cat? ) and they won’t move us tomorrow?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:20 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Any post re-opening reviews? Especially interested in comments on their rooms and breakfast (continental only & self-service buffet?).
Sullen buffet attendant, moderately okay food choices (eggs and bacon/sausage on offer) and some of the cruddiest self serve coffee ever. Run to bar down the street to grab cornetto and coffee and return to hotel if you need protein.

Our assigned suite is smaller than last night’s airport hotel room, I would not call it anything but an upgraded hotel room with a decent balcony. It’s large enough for us but be aware there are no drawers to put things and so half of my clothing from our 13 day trip is still in suitcase.

it’s a few free nights in Rome and I had lots of certs to burn. 🤷🏻‍♀️ If I wanted fancy, I would have stayed at the Marriott or down in the
. We’ve never stayed up here (20th visit to Rome), so learning a new rione is a plus.

So, long story short - don’t expect much and be delighted that you are in Rome. I’ll post photos later.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:55 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lalala
Sullen buffet attendant, moderately okay food choices (eggs and bacon/sausage on offer) and some of the cruddiest self serve coffee ever. Run to bar down the street to grab cornetto and coffee and return to hotel if you need protein.

Our assigned suite is smaller than last night’s airport hotel room, I would not call it anything but an upgraded hotel room with a decent balcony. It’s large enough for us but be aware there are no drawers to put things and so half of my clothing from our 13 day trip is still in suitcase.

it’s a few free nights in Rome and I had lots of certs to burn. 🤷🏻‍♀️ If I wanted fancy, I would have stayed at the Marriott or down in the
. We’ve never stayed up here (20th visit to Rome), so learning a new rione is a plus.

So, long story short - don’t expect much and be delighted that you are in Rome. I’ll post photos later.
Oof, thanks for setting expectations. I'll be checking in tomorrow.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
You were right about the jr suite, it's tiny. Only thing I enjoyed at breakfast so far is the bread and water...
lalala and TravelinSperry like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here recently and had a somewhat mixed stay

PROS

-Pretty central location not too far from the famous "via Veneto" street. Major tourist sites can be reached on foot IF you like walking.

-Nightly rates are very competitive for such a central location

-Quiet area at night.

-Hotel is very modern and new

-Very nice modern room with walk-in shower. (Bathroom a bit small overall)

-Decent selection of restaurants nearby

-Upgraded as Discoverist member to "larger" corner room and offered late check out at 2pm. Both done without asking....however both benefits came with a catch later (see "cons" below)

-Windows CAN be opened for fresh air

-Permanent taxi stand 2 min walk away at top corner with via veneto street (near the Marriott Flora hotel)

CONS

-Walk FROM metro station "Barberini" (Line A) is a long slog uphill for 15 to 20 minutes. Take a taxi if you have luggage or it's raining. Downhill it's very do-able in good weather.

-No free water in rooms

-Soap and shampoo in shower only from wall mounted dispensers...no mini bottles.

-No hooks or rails in bathroom to hang wet towels or bathrobe.

-My larger upgraded corner room faced the inner courtyard with "view" of a wall. Very little natural sunlight in the daytime.

-Breakfast is a whopping 30 euro per person....WAY too expensive for such a small property

-For many weeks (months??), the official hotel website listed the incorrect "city tax" rate. This should be a flat rate per person per day (about 5 or 6 euros)...but instead it was calculated as a percentage of the nightly rate, which is totally incorrect. This was corrected in December, but it just shows that attention to detail is lacking at this hotel.

-Was offered a late check of 2pm out on arrival which I accepted. On my day of departure was called by reception at noon saying I was 1 hour passed check-out time. Told them I had a late check out confirmed by their colleague at arrival, and told them also I was an Hyatt Discoverist member. Receptionist replied that they had no record of my late check out on their computer, and Discoverists "aren't guaranteed late check out anyway". Conversation went back and forth for a while, until receptionist relented. Seems to echo other peoples bad experiences of staff contradicting eachother, or not knowing hyatt member benefits, or not knowing how to treat loyalty guests.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jan 9, 2022 at 7:00 pm
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:17 pm

For those of you who have stayed since the re-branding-what can you tell me about the fitness center? Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Privacy in Deluxe Jr. Suite?

Looking at the photos on Tripadvisor it seem the Deluxe Jr Suite is a very open concept- with no door to the bathroom/ no WCIs this really the case?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:40 pm

Not sure about a "deluxe jr. suite", but I was in a "junior suite", and the wash basin and mirror were in an open area, adjacent to the toilet and shower which were separated by a door.

As you know, the junior suite is just one bigger room, and not even that big. I wouldn't call it a "suite" to begin with.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is globalist treatment fairly good here? I'm not asking for anything special... free breakfast, free water, late checkout... the usual guaranteed benefits.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Is globalist treatment fairly good here? I'm not asking for anything special... free breakfast, free water, late checkout... the usual guaranteed benefits.
We received
breakfast, late checkout and water on the first day. Don’t get too excited and you may be delighted.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
We received
breakfast, late checkout and water on the first day. Don’t get too excited and you may be delighted.
Upcoming stay here... saddened to see the reviews. Still, rates are right for Rome so I'll just grin and bear it.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We received
Water is supposed to be every day... but that's good to hear.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:09 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Staying here in June and have the standard king booked on points. Any suggestions on what to ask for? Or any recommendations for nearby places to dine? It’s my first visit to Rome.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by allseas1586
any recommendations for nearby places to dine?
Osteria Barberini, 44 Osteria Quarantaquattro
ctbarron and VegasGambler like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Transportation from airport (FCO)?

I'm checking into this hotel later today.

Uber is pricing out at €55 (right now, anyway) from FCO which seems high (probably because they don't have Uber X -- black is the cheapest) but not completely crazy given the distance.

Is there a better / cheaper way to get to the hotel in a private car? Will a taxi be better?

Edit: found my answer with the "€50 flat rate" signs by the taxi stands. Uber was up over €75; in a taxi now

Last edited by VegasGambler; Jun 29, 2022 at 11:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.