Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Tribune Rome [JdV by Hyatt] REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 28, 2024, 7:51 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
The lounge is now an honor bar, with guests expected to fill out a form listing the items they consumed. The "food" offerings are only the packaged snacks listed on the form.

Old May 28, 2024, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by skj
The lounge is now an honor bar, with guests expected to fill out a form listing the items they consumed. The "food" offerings are only the packaged snacks listed on the form.

Interesting, as there was a mention of a “honor bar”” when I was there in early May, but everything was gratis! So they must have finally implemented this charge to your room thing.

Presumably, all this is still free to Globalists?
Old May 28, 2024, 8:33 am
skj

Originally Posted by sapguy
Interesting, as there was a mention of a “honor bar”” when I was there in early May, but everything was gratis! So they must have finally implemented this charge to your room thing.

Presumably, all this is still free to Globalists?
I was welcomed as a LTG and received detailed explanations about the breakfast and complementary mini-bar items. We were told about the opening hours but there was no mention of the lounge being complementary, so I wouldn't assume it is. We haven't used the lounge as we're here for only two nights. There is a nice assortment from the mini-bar and we found our room is more comfortable than the lounge area.
Old May 28, 2024, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by skj
I was welcomed as a LTG and received detailed explanations about the breakfast and complementary mini-bar items. We were told about the opening hours but there was no mention of the lounge being complementary, so I wouldn't assume it is. We haven't used the lounge as we're here for only two nights. There is a nice assortment from the mini-bar and we found our room is more comfortable than the lounge area.
See post #134, as I was warmly welcomed as a Globalist and it was an excellent stay. I used the lounge in all the 3 days (enjoyed wines, Prosecco, and snacks) that I stayed there and no charge of any kind was shown on my bill, aside from the daily room charges, taxes, and the excellent dinner that I hosted at Terrazza Borghese.
Old May 28, 2024, 9:54 am
skj

See post #134, as I was warmly welcomed as a Globalist and it was an excellent stay. I used the lounge in all the 3 days (enjoyed wines, Prosecco, and snacks) that I stayed there and no charge of any kind was shown on my bill, aside from the daily room charges, taxes, and the excellent dinner that I hosted at Terrazza Borghese.
As you noted, your stay was before the "fill out the form" honor bar was implemented.

It may very well be complementary for Globs. It wasn't stated explicitly when we as checked in and we chose not to find out if it was or not. To be honest, we don't find bags of potato chips and cans of Pringles to be very inviting, and we had the same (or better) wines in our room. Now if the food spread looked like it did a few months ago, as shown in post #109, we might have been more interested, but a few pre-packaged items had no appeal for us.
Old May 28, 2024, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Well, whether the lounge is still free for globalists or not seems a pointless discussion now, as most of the fresh food that was offered in the past, is now no longer to be found.

The lounge seems basically to have been downgraded to a breakout room with overpriced vending machine food.

I don't mind as I was always repeatedly told by different staff (over the course of different stays) that the lounge was an "experiment" so it seems it didn't work out they way they hoped.

Also, from the eye watering nightly rates most hotels are charging across Rome at the moment, perhaps they don't feel the need to attract extra customers with club lounge benefits.

Last edited by est-gratuite; May 29, 2024 at 1:49 am
Old May 28, 2024, 5:53 pm

I find the lounge to be a nice place to have a nice glass of wine and Prosecco at the end of a day, yeah cheap wines but then fine wines in Italy don't cost too much either. A fine Brunello from a good house (like Antinori, Frescobaldi, or Castiglion del Bosco) can be had for 80 euros and a fine Amarone is not much more than that (unless you venture into the rarefied world of Quintarelli) so I will drink my fine wines in a restaurant with my dinner.

I could care less about the food in the lounge as I can eat SO WELL in Rome, either within walking distance to Via Veneto (off of Via Lazio) and to the Spanish Steps area, or even right around the hotel in the Ludovici neighborhood with so many nice local restaurants devoid of the tourists at other parts of Rome.
Old May 29, 2024, 9:02 am
skj

A few earlier posts commented on how well the AC worked. Unfortunately, that was not our experience this past few days. Even though the outside high temperatures were only in the 25-27 degrees C (77-81 degrees F) range, our room would not cool down at all. The staff was very sympathetic, and great in trying to address this, calling their engineering and technical people a couple of times, but without any noticeable success. The property was sold out, so changing rooms wasn't an option. Based on previous reports, I'm hoping this was an aberration, affecting only the room we were in, but I would be leery of returning in the warmer months due to the uncomfortable temperature in our room.
Old May 29, 2024, 2:15 pm

My pleasure, being that you have lots of Hyatt points to burn, The Tribune is a viable option, IMO.

I stopped by the Lumen Bar at the St Regis to try their famous Bloody Mary and it was very good! There are also 2 Marriott properties of high caliber for you to consider, the Westin Excelsior and the Marriott Rome, both are on Via Venetto. I will probably stay at the Westin next time as I like Westin but The Tribune will always be one of my options for Rome.

BTW, many people on this thread said negative things about the location and about Via Venetto as the “has been” area, but I prefer it since it has a LOT less tourists than the Spanish Steps, the Colosseum, etc., and you can easily walk to the tourist traps or take the taxi (via Uber) which are quite inexpensive. Right off of Via Venetto on Via Lazio, there are some excellent trattoria with fantastic food patronized by local Romans, and I had wonderful meals in the area around The Tribune, IMO better food and prices than where the “action” is. My 2 pennies.

UPDATE: I just checked with the Mr. & Mrs. Smith link from Hyatt.com, so presumably any hotel on this site would be bookable with Hyatt points. You now have a very interesting option in the Hotel Palazzo Manfredi!

https://www.hyatt.com/mr-and-mrs-smi...lazzo-manfredi

This hotel could come closer to the standard that you are accustomed to at the PH Paris Vendôme! It’s located near the Colosseum so a bit south of the Spanish Steps, Via Condotti, the Trevi Fountains, etc. but it looks very compelling. This hotel is now on my radar screen for future stays in Rome.
Checked Manfredi... 153,000 Hyatt points per night. Hyatt dynamic pricing is awful.
Old May 29, 2024, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by jasonalanmorgan
Checked Manfredi... 153,000 Hyatt points per night. Hyatt dynamic pricing is awful.
This is what I found at the Manfredi for November 2024 - it’s NOWHERE near 153,000 Hyatt points per night!

But it’s still The Tribune Rome for me at 17,000 points!

Old May 29, 2024, 9:55 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
This is what I found at the Manfredi for November 2024 - it’s NOWHERE near 153,000 Hyatt points per night!

But it’s still The Tribune Rome for me at 17,000 points!
It's *dynamic* pricing. It could be 153k for them looking at some night, and 56k for you looking at a different night.
Old May 29, 2024, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
It's *dynamic* pricing. It could be 153k for them looking at some night, and 56k for you looking at a different night.
Then DO NOT BOOK those nights at 153K and book at 56K or less
Old May 29, 2024, 11:16 pm

Just had a really nice 3 days stay at The Tribune Rome.
Check-in was efficient and friendly, and Globalist status was recognized although no suite was available for an upgrade. Was told that everything in the minibar fridge was for me to enjoy or take with me if I wish (which I did, along with the welcome gift of a decent bottle of Chianti). Was given a voucher for 2 welcome drinks (which we chose 2 glasses of Prosecco) at Terrazza Borghese.

The room was spacious, almost a junior suite, with a nice bathroom.

Location was excellent, barely 5 minutes' walk to elegant Via Veneto, 15 minutes' walk to the Spanish Steps and Via Condotti with all the fancy shops. (Rome is ALREADY packed with tourists and we're in the first week of May!)

Breakfast was excellent with lots of excellent choices, and complimentary for Globalists of course.

The Executive Lounge is the same space used for breakfast and it's open from 2:30PM to 6:00PM with nice snacks and Prosecco, wines, beer, soft drinks, etc.

We hosted a dinner for 7 people at the rooftop Terrazza Borghese and it was great! The food was superb and the service top notch.

We will be back!
Thanks for your review. Just booked there for a July stay.
Old May 29, 2024, 11:57 pm

DPs:

Had a one night stay last week. Managed to snag a room using a soon-to-expire Cat1-7 cert at the last minute. Otherwise I agree with the sentiments above that current prices in Rome are eye-watering and I might not pay the asking price. (OK, it didn't help that it was a UK bank holiday weekend and US Memorial Day weekend. On top of the regular horde, of course.)

Globalist status was recognised but with the hotel completely full no upgrade was possible. We had some macaroons and a 1/2 bottle of wine waiting in our room.

Our room was a regular king (x09), facing the courtyard, not the Borghese park. Quiet.

We enjoyed a glass of Prosecco in the "lounge" before dinner at the the rooftop restaurant. Plenty of comments above on the fare in the "lounge" so nothing more to add.

The wine selection at dinner was quite decent and fairly priced. Our Barbaresco was from a lesser-known maker and went down a treat.

Food was 7/10. Not mind-blowing but also not just average.

Service (front desk, breakfast, restaurant) was competent and very friendly.

This single night stay was part of a longer trip and we had a rental car. The hotel does not have its own garage but we were able to find inexpensive parking on the street without too much fuss.

I would definitely return.
est-gratuite and Sophoclefr like this.
Old Jun 1, 2024, 1:01 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by skj
Awful behaviour by the hotel to introduce this concept.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.