Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt extending status through 2023 - any truth to this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt extending status through 2023 - any truth to this?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2021, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Hyatt extending status to 2023 - any truth to this?

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/hyatt-extends-status-for-some-customers/

From the comments, it doesn't seem like there are any definitive data points
WISEMEN likes this.

Last edited by Visualp; Aug 21, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Old Aug 21, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Beats me. With globalist status achievable at only 30 nights this year, and the promos and stuff, I was renewed till 2023 back in like January.

And I agree, that article and the comments doesn't seem definitive about anything.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Just checked my account hit 60 nights this year with promo + Hyatt cc card

Seems like my Globalist is extended to 2023.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 7:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Just checked my account hit 60 nights this year with promo + Hyatt cc card

Seems like my Globalist is extended to 2023.
Is more like you earned it as you have already surpassed the 30 night requirement.

My expiration date is also 2/28/2023 for 41 nights earned YTD.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 8:16 pm

OP might need to amend the title, since status isn't being extended through 2023.
Brendan likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Apparently there will be more North America based Globalists this year due to various promotions started in the second half of last year and granting Globalist status to selective elite American Airlines Advantage members.

I read about this from one of the internet blogs, and will try to find the link and post here.

I am already at 80 nights (with promotions and no CC) and likely will have around 120 nights by year end.
TravisMT81 likes this.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Aug 21, 2021 at 9:49 pm
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:51 pm

Would be nice if those of us who are at 60+ nights get offered rollover nights toward next year's requal ::: wishful thinking :::
Brendan and tobikosan like this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Would be nice if those of us who are at 60+ nights get offered rollover nights toward next year's requal ::: wishful thinking :::
130 nights so far for me; Hoping for something.
tobikosan and CodeAdam10 like this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 6:27 am

Big concern within the travel industry is a possible precipitous drop-off in travel the rest of the year because of the Delta variant. Uncertain whether this will translate into status extensions by airlines, hotels, etc. but certainly worth watching.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 6:32 am

Yes, mine was extended to Feb 2023. I haven’t stayed at a Hyatt this year so far.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 8:06 am

I am discoverist via the cc and was updated to febuary 2023.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by JetAway
Big concern within the travel industry is a possible precipitous drop-off in travel the rest of the year because of the Delta variant. Uncertain whether this will translate into status extensions by airlines, hotels, etc. but certainly worth watching.
+1 agreed - recently saw Delta fully extending status for another year + AA/UA making it much easier to re-qualify for status. Marriott/Hyatt haven't announced anything so we shall see...
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
No extension for this globalist with 9 nights so far this year.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:16 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

No extension here.

At 1/2 of the requirement for US based, it is very reasonable. Not sure if it is necessary for the extension. If some people do not want to get the vaccines and do not want to travel, it is their personal choices. Those FNAs are going to expire too. If folks do not intend to travel, then the elite status, FNAs do not help anything.

Folks from other countries may have different travel situation.

Here at Maui Hawaii. Air and hotels are not expensive. Not huge crowd either. But it is not light either. A lot people still do summer travel and enjoy the summer break.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by RedSun
Here at Maui Hawaii. Air and hotels are not expensive. Not huge crowd either. But it is not light either. A lot people still do summer travel and enjoy the summer break.
I am unsure what is meant by "not expensive". I just checked a few dates for Maui HR and is either not available or over $600 a night after taxes and fees. Is that normal even in pre-covid times? I only ever stayed there using points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.