Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

cheapest warm-weather Hyatt options for long-term stay Oct.-Dec. 2021?

Old Aug 18, 21, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)

I’m selling my home in the fall but, thanks to Covid delays, my new building won’t be done until early 2022. Likewise, thanks to Covid, I’m at only 10 nights with Hyatt this year, almost all from the credit card, when I’m usually well over 100 by now.

I’m looking for Hyatt options at under $100/night for long-term stay(s) this fall/winter. Can be anywhere, but must be warm-weather and open to U.S. citizens. Thanks for all recommendations. Feel free to reply privately.
Old Aug 18, 21, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Check out the threads on Work From Hyatt.

Easiest/cheapest option - Mexico. Lots of options under $100 a night. HP Cabo if you're looking to be by the beach. The Thompson Main House in Playa del Carmen is just over $100 before taxes but the taxes in that area are high (it'll come to $130+ after taxes with a WFH rate).
lowfareair likes this.
Old Aug 18, 21, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Thanks. Google brought up two Work From Hyatt threads here, but neither have been active since the spring.
Old Aug 18, 21, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by js1993 View Post
Thanks. Google brought up two Work From Hyatt threads here, but neither have been active since the spring.
Not much has changed since the spring, when it comes to long term stay / Work From Hyatt rates.
Old Aug 18, 21, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
Check out the threads on Work From Hyatt.

Easiest/cheapest option - Mexico. Lots of options under $100 a night. HP Cabo if you're looking to be by the beach. The Thompson Main House in Playa del Carmen is just over $100 before taxes but the taxes in that area are high (it'll come to $130+ after taxes with a WFH rate).
HP Cabo was my immediate first thought as well. A quick search is showing 4-week stays bridging November and December in a variety of Central American locations to be in the $40-$80 range.
Warriorconcept and js1993 like this.
Old Aug 18, 21, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Not much has changed since the spring, when it comes to long term stay / Work From Hyatt rates.
Hotel rates have skyrocketed since May. I would have thought anything before May would be outdated.
Old Aug 18, 21, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy View Post
HP Cabo was my immediate first thought as well. A quick search is showing 4-week stays bridging November and December in a variety of Central American locations to be in the $40-$80 range.
There's usually some good BRG opportunities for Central/South America properties too.

Most (/all?) OTAs that I've seen will only let you book a max of 30 nights in one booking which can make it annoying to submit BRG claims if you're doing a 3-4 months stay (but worth it for the 20% discount).
Old Aug 18, 21, 4:36 pm

Hotel rates have skyrocketed since May. I would have thought anything before May would be outdated.
The warm weather locations discussed in the threads have stayed pretty consistent since then. Rates were low in Oct/Nov/Dec, but the shifted in Q1 and haven't moved much since then.
jerry a. laska and js1993 like this.
Old Aug 18, 21, 4:57 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Glob, UA Silver
The warm weather locations discussed in the threads have stayed pretty consistent since then. Rates were low in Oct/Nov/Dec, but the shifted in Q1 and haven't moved much since then.

Phoenix is warm weather but no beach, it looks like Mexico allows less than 180 days but didnt see anything extremely cheap besides two below (but did learn you can just type the country in search location and see all 32 properties)
SanDiego1K and writerguyfl like this.
Old Aug 18, 21, 5:03 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Glob, UA Silver
Can also put in individual states, Texas had a handful of properties for $60-70, Florida around $80 and maybe then pick a few in locations you would consider and reach out to the GM for a custom rate that is even lower, could also look at splitting in half to bank globalist this year with tier rewards and then make progress towards next year? Or get to 30 this year and put rest towards full globalist next year
tobikosan and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Aug 18, 21, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum Elite, Delta Silver Medallion
Im selling my home in the fall but, thanks to Covid delays, my new building wont be done until early 2022. Likewise, thanks to Covid, Im at only 10 nights with Hyatt this year, almost all from the credit card, when Im usually well over 100 by now.

Im looking for Hyatt options at under $100/night for long-term stay(s) this fall/winter. Can be anywhere, but must be warm-weather and open to U.S. citizens. Thanks for all recommendations. Feel free to reply privately.
Do you want to be out of country or in country? Hyatt Place Phoenix is pretty nice and cheap. There are a handful of Hyatt Places in desirable California cities that are reasonable as well.

Sort of depends on where you want to be...any preference at all?
Old Aug 18, 21, 6:28 pm

google search is amazing for this now. Just google "hotels" then input a region and filter by brand. Can also update by moving the map. Once you find possible targets via a large date range, you can even see nightly rates (not 100% accurate) by going to the specific hotel then pulling up the calendar.

Anyway, randomly searching the southern half of the US down to Central America for a 30-night stay mid-Oct to mid-Nov, I see base rates of:

Florida
$79 - HP Melbourne
$80 - HP Lakeland

Texas
$69 - HP Dallas/Plano
$74 - HP Dallas/The Colony
$64 - HH Dallas/Richardson
$69 - HP San Antonio-North
$74 - HP San Antonio Riverwalk
$74 - HH Houston/Energy Corridor
$79 - HP Houston/Katy
$67 - HP Houston North
$75 - HR Houston Airport

Georgia
$69 - HP Atlanta Norcross
$69 - HP Atlanta Alpharetta
$79 - HP Atlanta Duluth

Alabama
$79 - HP Birmingham

Louisiana
$74 - HP Baton Rouge I-10

Non-US
$52 - HP Panama City
$67 - HP Bogota
$43 - HP Ciudad del Carmen
$43 - HR Villahermosa
$71 - HH Mexico City
$72 - HP Los Cabos
$37 - HP Aguascalientes
$66 - HC Campestre/Leon
Old Aug 18, 21, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
google search is amazing for this now. Just google "hotels" then input a region and filter by brand. Can also update by moving the map. Once you find possible targets via a large date range, you can even see nightly rates (not 100% accurate) by going to the specific hotel then pulling up the calendar.
Yes, Google is good when you're looking for rough indications. I do find that the results are sometimes not very reliable - e.g. one rate shows up in the calendar search but then when you click through it's something totally different - and you can't filter by provider.

I prefer using Kayak - you can still search by region - but it also allows you to filter down by booking provider (to only include providers you know you can BRG against) and brands. Google's brand filter also doesn't seem to include JdV hotels when searching for Hyatt.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Aug 18, 21, 7:26 pm

If you're adventurous a good starting point may be to use the map of Hyatt locations (https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels/map), filter for category 1-4, then zoom and click through on the map if a location catches your eye. For example it looks like there are multiple properties in Dubai, plus one in Oman for less than USD100 per night. I've never been to any of those locations but throwing it out there as a potential tool.
Old Aug 18, 21, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerDigits View Post
If you're adventurous a good starting point may be to use the map of Hyatt locations (https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels/map), filter for category 1-4, then zoom and click through on the map if a location catches your eye. For example it looks like there are multiple properties in Dubai, plus one in Oman for less than USD100 per night. I've never been to any of those locations but throwing it out there as a potential tool.
Well if youre throwing it that wide open (and ignore the visa issues), then its a no brainer. Park Hyatt Chennai.
24.05.2004 and js1993 like this.

Search this Thread