Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

cheapest warm-weather Hyatt options for long-term stay Oct.-Dec. 2021?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cheapest warm-weather Hyatt options for long-term stay Oct.-Dec. 2021?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
At least pre-pandemic with lounge access at the GH Muscat, it was probably possible to stay there without even running up much (if any) food expenses if trying to keep it as cheap as possible on that side.
I hope Muscat/Oman opens because you still have to quarantine for at least 7 days no matter where you're from.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thailand isn't exactly house arrest if you're in a sandbox.

Personally, I'd want to be in the USA for the convenience while a new house is being finished.

If you're considering a HH and want a kitchen, be aware that, depending on the property, base level rooms might not have a kitchen, just a small refrigerator and coffee maker. OTOH, the new ones have nice kitchens (in rooms that do have the kitchen) including good appliances (GE Profile Line IME), a full size dishwasher, a built in stove top, and a combination microwave/convection oven, but a half size refrigerator. The supplied dishes and cooking equipment are also fairly nice.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Thailand isn't exactly house arrest if you're in a sandbox.

Personally, I'd want to be in the USA for the convenience while a new house is being finished.

If you're considering a HH and want a kitchen, be aware that, depending on the property, base level rooms might not have a kitchen, just a small refrigerator and coffee maker. OTOH, the new ones have nice kitchens (in rooms that do have the kitchen) including good appliances (GE Profile Line IME), a full size dishwasher, a built in stove top, and a combination microwave/convection oven, but a half size refrigerator. The supplied dishes and cooking equipment are also fairly nice.
I didn’t know about the Thailand “sandbox” option, which makes Thailand more attractive than I had thought, but I like Bangkok a lot more than any of the beach locales.

My new residence that’s under construction isn’t in the U.S.

Thanks re: HH. I lived in those a couple times long ago.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by js1993
I didn’t know about the Thailand “sandbox” option, which makes Thailand more attractive than I had thought, but I like Bangkok a lot more than any of the beach locales.

My new residence that’s under construction isn’t in the U.S.

Thanks re: HH. I lived in those a couple times long ago.
For Thailand, the plan would be to spend the first two weeks in the sandbox. Then you could move to a different beach resort, Bangkok, etc. Just note that you apparently aren't allowed to fly into BKK from abroad and then connect to a domestic flight to your sandbox; you need to connect elsewhere if needed in order to have a nonstop international segment that goes directly to the sandbox.
js1993 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:10 pm

Has anyone considered (or stayed at) Merida or Ciudad del Carmen? They are pretty cheap, close to the Gulf coast, but look a little difficult to get to. Looks like the weather would be nice and toasty in the winter months though...
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by xooz
Has anyone considered (or stayed at) Merida or Ciudad del Carmen? They are pretty cheap, close to the Gulf coast, but look a little difficult to get to. Looks like the weather would be nice and toasty in the winter months though...
I haven't stayed at the Hyatt, but stayed at a Hilton far north of the city.

I can say, staying near Centro is the best for long term. Lots of places to eat and check out in the center of town. The airport is far south of the city and you only have one transportation choice from the airport to the hotel, and that is a authorized airport taxi.

That airport is under the control of the Mexican military and ride sharing apps are prohibited, even though some alleged Uber drivers show up and act like taxis to get cash and don't use the app. I say all that to say, use the taxi if you go to Merida.

I was there for almost two weeks in December over Christmas and it was hot and humid STILL😀

But, if I had to do it over, I would definitely stay inside Centro because it's a pain getting local buses or collectivos (small vans that don't move until full).

I flew there from Mexico City, so you'll probably have a layover somewhere to make it to Merida.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I haven't stayed at the Hyatt, but stayed at a Hilton far north of the city.

I can say, staying near Centro is the best for long term. Lots of places to eat and check out in the center of town. The airport is far south of the city and you only have one transportation choice from the airport to the hotel, and that is a authorized airport taxi.

That airport is under the control of the Mexican military and ride sharing apps are prohibited, even though some alleged Uber drivers show up and act like taxis to get cash and don't use the app. I say all that to say, use the taxi if you go to Merida.

I was there for almost two weeks in December over Christmas and it was hot and humid STILL😀

But, if I had to do it over, I would definitely stay inside Centro because it's a pain getting local buses or collectivos (small vans that don't move until full).

I flew there from Mexico City, so you'll probably have a layover somewhere to make it to Merida.
The ADO bus from Cancun to Merida also isn’t too bad if you’re in the Cancun area (some good Hyatt and Marriott options) and don’t want to fly via MEX for a relatively short distance).
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by coleslaw
The ADO bus from Cancun to Merida also isn’t too bad if you’re in the Cancun area (some good Hyatt and Marriott options) and don’t want to fly via MEX for a relatively short distance).
Right, but ADO still hasn’t resumed the route directly from the airport, so it would be a bus trip to Cancun and then another bus to Merida, and last I knew, masks were still required.

AA has flights to MID from MIA and UA from IAH right now.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Still haven’t made a decision, so I thought I’d bump this to see if anyone has found any good options lately. Thailand looked great but there are rumblings of more Covid restrictions coming there, so it’s hard to plan.

The Hyatt Place in Macae, Brazil, is as cheap as $42/night, but it’s a 4-hour bus ride from Rio and there doesn’t seem to be much going on there.

With Covid rules changing in various countries, any new places that might be good options? Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 3:36 pm

"I’m looking for Hyatt options at under $100/night for long-term stay(s) this fall/winter. Can be anywhere, but must be warm-weather and open to U.S. citizens."

Ok, since you're still looking. Not sure if anyone made a suggestion of Hyatt Regency Dubia (Diera). But, the prices are cheap and the Expo is going on so you'll have something extra to do. I'm actually going to be there for several weeks. If it works out I'll stay additional weeks. It was 300 aed when I booked. But, I got globalist from staying in Cabo for 30 nights, So, I should get an upgrade and club access. Not bad for all that's included. And it's warm place for the winter. I'll be there from Nov-Feb.
js1993 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:08 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Did you end up doing the stay? Which hyatt property did you choose?

I'm seeing several Hyatts with extended/WFH promo stays with a minimum of 12-15 nights offering discounted rates for 2022 stays.

Still haven’t made a decision, so I thought I’d bump this to see if anyone has found any good options lately. Thailand looked great but there are rumblings of more Covid restrictions coming there, so it’s hard to plan.

The Hyatt Place in Macae, Brazil, is as cheap as $42/night, but it’s a 4-hour bus ride from Rio and there doesn’t seem to be much going on there.

With Covid rules changing in various countries, any new places that might be good options? Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Did you end up doing the stay? Which hyatt property did you choose?
I didn't, at least not yet. Never found a fall 2021 option in a place I liked where I was comfortable with the Covid-rule situation and it wasn't going to cost a fortune to get there. Hoping to go somewhere from mid-Jan. to April but I've held off planning to see if the new Covid variant would result in a return to lockdowns, etc.

I'm seeing several Hyatts with extended/WFH promo stays with a minimum of 12-15 nights offering discounted rates for 2022 stays.
Still very interested in such options. Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:24 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
The promo code WFHYAT is still active on stays.

Additionally several of Hyatt Regencys, Places, and Houses in the Mexico City area are still showing $50-60/nightly rates for the first half of this year. Stack this with the ongoing Bonus for 20,220 points after 20 nights + Globalist benefits = deeply discounted rates. If you stay over 10 nights at these hotels in Mexico, the rate changes to "Long term stay" which as no coupon code.
I didn't, at least not yet. Never found a fall 2021 option in a place I liked where I was comfortable with the Covid-rule situation and it wasn't going to cost a fortune to get there. Hoping to go somewhere from mid-Jan. to April but I've held off planning to see if the new Covid variant would result in a return to lockdowns, etc.

Still very interested in such options. Thanks.
js1993 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.