Hyatt Credit Card Double Tier?

Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I had a look around the Hyatt site but couldn't see anything other than the current publicly available Chase offer.

Can you copy/paste the offer/terms? I assume it's not just a $300 statement credit with no points (which would be a not so great offer vs. the 30-60k publicly available one).
I assume he's referring to this one which I see in the hyatt app: https://creditcards.chase.com/lp/wor...th21?CELL=6Y7B
Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:39 am

For the piece in bold, it's best to assume/plan for only the last 3 counting. But often Hyatt promos are based on checkout date only so it may end up doubling the entire 20 nights. So if you're going to do it then it's definitely worth taking the chance and signing up ASAP in the hope that you end up with 40 nights.
Applied yesterday and approved today. I suppose I won't know about the extra nights for this stay for another few weeks-months.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
I assume he's referring to this one which I see in the hyatt app: https://creditcards.chase.com/lp/wor...th21?CELL=6Y7B
Yes, indeed, that is the one.

Safe Travels
Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by GTITAN
Yes, indeed, that is the one.

Safe Travels
I didn't see the 2 nights in the language for the $300 offer which is why I applied for the 30k bonus which has it in the offer terms. That's what I would recommend doing if you value that more (which I also did as it'll help me get from 40-60 nights for the year)
GTITAN likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:52 am

Sorry for spamming the thread, but now that I'm approved (although no card in hand) I'm wondering if it's best to shift my mattress run payment to this WoH card or leave it on my amex biz plat with 10% back up to $75. Total stay is a bit over $800. I'm leaning towards swapping to WoH to help meet the new minimum spend... Thoughts? If I don't receive it on time I guess I don't have a choice anyway.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
2 days later and the 5 nights haven’t posted yet but from what I’ve read 2-3 days later is pretty normal. I was able to status match from mlife to explorist for my stay today and that hit instantly so that’ll help. Hopefully I did the offer with the double tier nights because I didn’t realize there was a separate signup offer but pretty sure I did.

annoying that I did end up applying for the Sapphire and got denied because my change from the no fee sapphire to freedom still isn’t showing in the system. At least there wasn’t a credit pull so I can try again in a couple of days once I activate the new card. This way I can start racking up chase points to transfer to hyatt.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I didn't see the 2 nights in the language for the $300 offer which is why I applied for the 30k bonus which has it in the offer terms. That's what I would recommend doing if you value that more (which I also did as it'll help me get from 40-60 nights for the year)
Personally I’d rather have the 30k points vs a Cat 1-7 cert, especially now when travel options are still a little uncertain.

The $300 Hyatt credit would be nice, but if the double nights are going to get you to 60 nights for 2021 then you’ll come off ahead once you factor in your milestone benefits.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:08 am

Personally I’d rather have the 30k points vs a Cat 1-7 cert, especially now when travel options are still a little uncertain.

The $300 Hyatt credit would be nice, but if the double nights are going to get you to 60 nights for 2021 then you’ll come off ahead once you factor in your milestone benefits.
For sure, I'm hoping I receive the card in time to change my payment method to it..
Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
For sure, I'm hoping I receive the card in time to change my payment method to it..
You can call Chase to ask them to expedite the card delivery. If it's sent to your home address while you're away, then if you're able to activate it (get someone to open the mail and send you the card details) then you could also ask them to send an expedited replacement card to the hotel). You really only need the card on the checkout date when you're going to process the charges.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:41 am

You can call Chase to ask them to expedite the card delivery. If it's sent to your home address while you're away, then if you're able to activate it (get someone to open the mail and send you the card details) then you could also ask them to send an expedited replacement card to the hotel). You really only need the card on the checkout date when you're going to process the charges.
Yea I called but since it's a co branded card it's not ready yet so they can't expedite it (happened with the others). I'll try again tomorrow, hopefully it'll arrive in time. Thanks!
​​​​
Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:43 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Yea I called but since it's a co branded card it's not ready yet so they can't expedite it (happened with the others). I'll try again tomorrow, hopefully it'll arrive in time. Thanks!
​​​​
Yeah for Chase co-branded cards, it seems they can't expedite it until they verify your FF # with the FF program. You can call every day to try to get it expedited if it matters for you. Usually takes 1-3 business days after approval to get verified. Be prepared to get 2 versions of your card.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:51 pm

can this 2 for 1 qualifying night offer be combined with fast track? Currently, you need 20 nights for fast track, if this works, it's 10 nights to get to globalist.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by VajraTLR
can this 2 for 1 qualifying night offer be combined with fast track? Currently, you need 20 nights for fast track, if this works, it's 10 nights to get to globalist.
Generally, no.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:55 pm

​​​​
you can login to chase online and set up digital wallet onto your phone and use it at properties that have the tap machines before the card arrives.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by myperks
you can login to chase online and set up digital wallet onto your phone and use it at properties that have the tap machines before the card arrives.
Thanks! Did not arrive in time but at least swapped it to another card that I was meeting a SUB on anyway.

So to revive this topic a bit, with organic stays so far, and thanks to this offer, I should be at 60 stays by EOY. Curious if I find a cheap rate if it's worth it to do some mattress runs. 5 nights would count for 10 which gets 10k points + paying with WoH as a globalist would break out to "roughly even" if the rate is below a certain amount. Doesn't take into account triple points for bonus journey or other upcoming promos.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.