Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Plans to Acquire Apple Leisure Group

Hyatt Plans to Acquire Apple Leisure Group

Old May 15, 22, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
I don't believe there's been any announcement or official information on Preferred Club / Globalist benefits for ALG properties.
Thanks, I mostly meant if anyone ​​had stayed on points in any of the 6 resorts added since April 4 and had DPs re their experience with status recognition. It's so new though I guess it's probably inconsistent at best.
Old May 21, 22, 4:09 pm

As of today, Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya, Dreams Playa Bonita Panama, and Sunscape Sabor Cozumel have been removed from Hyatt properties list although they've just joined on May 9.
  • Dreams Playa Bonita Panama is still searchable but not bookable
  • Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya & Sunscape Sabor Cozumel went "null"
These resorts are still bookable via AMR Collection.

It seems that the integration is not going very smoothly and I expect the European properties will be more bumpy.

There's one property that I'm very curious: Siau Ibiza. It used to be the nicest property listed under Alua, but now it's no longer listed on AMR Collection, even gone from the Independent Properties list. Yet its own website still shows "By AMR Collection" and it still has a website on Hyatt domain. I wonder what's the plan for this hotel?
Old May 21, 22, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker View Post
As of today, Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya, Dreams Playa Bonita Panama, and Sunscape Sabor Cozumel have been removed from Hyatt properties list although they've just joined on May 9.

It seems that the integration is not going very smoothly and I expect the European properties will be more bumpy.

There's one property that I'm very curious: Siau Ibiza. It used to be the nicest property listed under Alua, but now it's no longer listed on AMR Collection, even gone from the Independent Properties list. Yet its own website still shows "By AMR Collection" and it still has a website on Hyatt domain. I wonder what's the plan for this hotel?
Can confirm Akumal was previously working, now it is not. I was scoping it out for next February, really liked it, but only ever had "club rooms" available for my dates, not standard.
Old May 22, 22, 12:59 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by PG.backpacker View Post

was planning to visit friends in Jan/Feb in Panama and try that resort. Too bad, hope it comes back in. Weird though that the hotel still appears on hyatt.com, just not bookable.

Last edited by 59Impala; May 22, 22 at 1:11 am
Old May 22, 22, 9:54 pm

Probably because a bunch of these AMR hotels look like dumps.
Old May 22, 22, 11:05 pm

Seems like ANY reservation cancellation at these properties have a minimum $50 cancellation charge regardless of revenue or award. This combined with the 7 or 14 days actual cancellation requirements seems kind of harsh.
Old Jun 19, 22, 12:47 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Anybody knows something about when AMR Europe joins WoH?
Summer holiday season is about to start...
Old Jun 21, 22, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jay02 View Post
Thanks, I mostly meant if anyone ​​had stayed on points in any of the 6 resorts added since April 4 and had DPs re their experience with status recognition. It's so new though I guess it's probably inconsistent at best.
My concierge said that it's club access at all locations. I expect to have issues nonetheless.
Old Jun 21, 22, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by rota View Post
Anybody knows something about when AMR Europe joins WoH?
Summer holiday season is about to start...
Bumping this. Going to Europe in September and I would love to add a stop at the Zoetry Mallorca.
rota likes this.
Old Jun 26, 22, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie9 View Post
Can confirm Akumal was previously working, now it is not. I was scoping it out for next February, really liked it, but only ever had "club rooms" available for my dates, not standard.
Search “Akumal” for location and it shows up and is bookable?
Old Jun 27, 22, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Buckeye2604 View Post
Search “Akumal” for location and it shows up and is bookable?
Yep, seems to be working again. I hadn't been keeping an eye on it. I'd love to go here on points, but the limited (or none?) availability of standard rooms - only club rooms - makes it a more expensive proposition.
Old Jul 31, 22, 6:58 am

Important thing to know about Dreams:

Dreams is advertised as for families and couples.
This is not the case. Dreams has so many children, also of very young age, that it is by no means a holiday occasion for couples.

For couple holidays, definitely avoid dreams.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​
Old Jul 31, 22, 7:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by rota View Post
Important thing to know about Dreams:

Dreams is advertised as for families and couples.
This is not the case. Dreams has so many children, also of very young age, that it is by no means a holiday occasion for couples.

For couple holidays, definitely avoid dreams.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​
Your statement is an oxymoron. First, Dreams is a family resort brand. I'm not sure why you would think it was exclusively for couples and families as that doesn't make any sense for marketing and branding. If you want a couple holiday, that would best go to Secrets Resorts. These are the Adult-Only luxury resorts. Yes, there may be couples at Dreams, but if it's a family resort, you can best believe there will be kids galore. Families and kids go hand in hand...
TerryK and lowfareair like this.
Old Jul 31, 22, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Cat88L3 View Post
Your statement is an oxymoron. First, Dreams is a family resort brand. I'm not sure why you would think it was exclusively for couples and families as that doesn't make any sense for marketing and branding. If you want a couple holiday, that would best go to Secrets Resorts. These are the Adult-Only luxury resorts. Yes, there may be couples at Dreams, but if it's a family resort, you can best believe there will be kids galore. Families and kids go hand in hand...
I posted this, because I myself didn't get it.

In the Hyatt App it clearly misstates the aim of Dreams:

Following this description, I thought Dreams is a regular hotel where kids are also allowed.
But this is not the case, Dreams is a mainly kids-oriented hotel which results in kids everywhere.
Therefore Dreams is not suitable for couples, even while they advertise it for couples.

The luxury options for couples are Secrets and Zoetry, maybe Breathless for partying. But not Dreams.

The description in the app is misleading, in my opinion.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 31, 22, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You will find kids everywhere in every resort during school holidays except for adult only resorts. If you want to avoid kids, you need to go during non-school holidays or to adult only resorts. This is not an issue just for Dreams.
Cat88L3 likes this.

Search this Thread