Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Hyatt Globalist status challenge (merged threads)

Old May 29, 2024, 2:49 pm

Question on timing of the challenge completion. I signed up on March 12th, and have 19 nights so far. 90 days from March 12 would be June 10. I plan to make one more stay on the night of June 8th. Considering that the credit usually takes more than 1 day to post, will I have a problem completing the challenge, if it posts after June 10?
Old May 29, 2024, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kevinwangjk
Question on timing of the challenge completion. I signed up on March 12th, and have 19 nights so far. 90 days from March 12 would be June 10. I plan to make one more stay on the night of June 8th. Considering that the credit usually takes more than 1 day to post, will I have a problem completing the challenge, if it posts after June 10?
As long as your stay is completed within the 90 days youíre good even if thereís a posting delay.
satellite779 likes this.
Old May 29, 2024, 3:36 pm

Data point for a successful challenge: signed up March 24, finished last 3 nights yesterday, status updated to Globalist today.

There was one stay where I had 4 days and 3 consecutive reservations that got merged and didn't earn EQNs automatically. It didn't cause issues with triggering Globalist after they were fixed manually a couple of weeks ago.

If anyone needs an idea for a cheap destination in Europe to get through a challenge: AluaSoul in Tenerife was only 80eur/day for bed&breakfast for two. I got upgraded to a corner suite that must have been at least 80m2/800sq ft. Also, Lindner in Vienna is very cheap at 5k points/night.
js1993 likes this.
Old May 29, 2024, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
As long as your stay is completed within the 90 days youíre good even if thereís a posting delay.
Thanks! I actually just realized that if March 12 is day 1, then day 90 would be June 9th. My planned stay is actually the night of June 8th and checking out on the 9th. Am I cutting it too close?
Old May 29, 2024, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by kevinwangjk
Thanks! I actually just realized that if March 12 is day 1, then day 90 would be June 9th. My planned stay is actually the night of June 8th and checking out on the 9th. Am I cutting it too close?
As long as you checkout on June 9th youíll be good.
kevinwangjk likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 5:48 pm

Anyone know if the Thompson double EQN promo applies to the Globalist status challenge? Meaning, if I stayed one night at a Thompson hotel, would it count towards 2 nights out of the 20 to reach globalist?
Old Jun 2, 2024, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by jehova
Anyone know if the Thompson double EQN promo applies to the Globalist status challenge? Meaning, if I stayed one night at a Thompson hotel, would it count towards 2 nights out of the 20 to reach globalist?
No, the challenge was always about actual nights stayed, not EQNs. E.g. credit card EQNs don't count, bonus nights neither.
jehova likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 4:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
The lucky ones of you who snagged this for the 2024 year without having an appropriate corporate email: did you talk to a series of "live" agents? Have been turned down on the old Twitter and Hyatt chat agents thus far....wonder if there is an approach more likely to work
Old Jun 15, 2024, 10:18 pm

Is the challenge applicable to current globalists? It does not state in the terms.
Old Jun 15, 2024, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by fangtl
Is the challenge applicable to current globalists? It does not state in the terms.
It is unless you did a challenge in the past 3 years. I would personally do it next year if you're confident you'll have access to it so you have globalist till Feb 2027, with maybe a small gap next year.
Old Jun 16, 2024, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by satellite779
It is unless you did a challenge in the past 3 years. I would personally do it next year if you're confident you'll have access to it so you have globalist till Feb 2027, with maybe a small gap next year.
Yeah, thatís wildly inaccurate.

These are the 4 challenges (20 nights needed to hit Globalist) that I know of that ran in the last 2 years -

1) Corporate
2) Globalist Retention
3) Bilt
4) American Airlines

Letís say you did the Bilt challenge last year, this does not exclude you from doing a different challenge like the Corporate Challenge this year or next year.

As a side note - American Airlines has a direct status match to Globalist with 0 nights stayed required for their ConciergeKey level members.
Old Jun 16, 2024, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Yeah, thatís wildly inaccurate.

These are the 4 challenges (20 nights needed to hit Globalist) that I know of that ran in the last 2 years -

1) Corporate
2) Globalist Retention
3) Bilt
4) American Airlines

Letís say you did the Bilt challenge last year, this does not exclude you from doing a different challenge like the Corporate Challenge this year or next year.

As a side note - American Airlines has a direct status match to Globalist with 0 nights stayed required for their ConciergeKey level members.
So is it accurate that current globalists can still participate in the 20 night corporate challenge?
Old Jun 16, 2024, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by fangtl
So is it accurate that current globalists can still participate in the 20 night corporate challenge?
Yes 100%.
Old Jul 1, 2024, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by justjuleshere
You can submit your work email and see if it goes through. They will send you a verification email with a link. The 90 days for the challenge doesn't start until you actually click the verification link from the email.
Any idea how long this link is valid for?

I am changing jobs next week but have some stays coming up in mid October. My current employer is likely eligible for challenge, my new employer likely not.

Trying to figure out a delicate balance of timing for this.

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2024, 8:28 am

Working through the corporate challenge now as we are moving from Marriott to Hyatt.

Signed up for the challenge on 24 June but the T&Cs still mention stays at SLH are qualifying and no mention of Mr & Mrs Smith. Called in to Hyatt and was told to follow the T&Cs which seems strange to me. Will Mr & Mrs Smith stays qualify? Advice?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.