Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Montréal (Ville-Marie) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Montréal (Ville-Marie) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
They delayed the opening again, so the Director of Rooms called me and offered to walk me to another property which appears to be a bit higher-end cover all seven nights, and refund my points. Pretty generous considering the length and that the reservation is still over two months out notification. I was counting on the free parking so now I need to figure out where to park for a week cheaply.

He said that there was a delay in receiving building materials and they do not want to do a "soft-opening" of a partially completed hotel.
Thanks for letting us know, and glad to hear they offered a good alternative option for the delay.
Did they mention how far the opening is being delayed this time?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:14 am
iwc

They delayed the opening again, so the Director of Rooms called me and offered to walk me to another property which appears to be a bit higher-end cover all seven nights, and refund my points. Pretty generous considering the length and that the reservation is still over two months out notification. I was counting on the free parking so now I need to figure out where to park for a week cheaply.

He said that there was a delay in receiving building materials and they do not want to do a "soft-opening" of a partially completed hotel.
What hotel did they move you to?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by agjil
Did they mention how far the opening is being delayed this time?
He said the current estimate is the end of September.

Originally Posted by iwc
What hotel did they move you to?
Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel Montreal
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:54 am

He said the current estimate is the end of September.
Thank you, I guess this means even October is not certain.
Time to make other hotel arrangements for my visit to Montreal this fall.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:02 am

Does anyone have an email address of a contact person at this property?
I would like to ask some questions about their upcoming opening.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter

If they 1) refunded the points and 2) covered the new property, I'd be absolutely thrilled at paying my own parking. That's a really really good recovery, especially this far out.
pWei and IAD_flyer like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by CLEguy
If they 1) refunded the points and 2) covered the new property, I'd be absolutely thrilled at paying my own parking. That's a really really good recovery, especially this far out.
For sure, I agree. To be clear I wasn't expecting them to cover parking, I was just whining to myself and FT :-).
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Yeah, I guess I'm now not too confident about my own early October award reservation, but if this is the type of re-accommodation being offered, I'm happy to roll the dice!
IAD_flyer likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
For sure, I agree. To be clear I wasn't expecting them to cover parking, I was just whining to myself and FT :-).
Complaining about wanting more is the sign of a true FTer.

Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, I guess I'm now not too confident about my own early October award reservation, but if this is the type of re-accommodation being offered, I'm happy to roll the dice!
Change your booking to the highest suite you can and see what happens.
iahphx and IAD_flyer like this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 7:49 am
iwc

Originally Posted by iahphx
Despite the message that the hotel is accepting reservations from September 15, it appears that inventory is zeroed out until November 15.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond
Had reservation Aug 27-29. Got email from manager of rooms saying opening end of October. Offered me rooms at the Sulpice hotel for rate of 279 per night.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by DltaSchmlta
Had reservation Aug 27-29. Got email from manager of rooms saying opening end of October. Offered me rooms at the Sulpice hotel for rate of 279 per night.

O_O We have a 3-night reservation for mid Oct. I guess I'll wait for that email...

They didn't offer you free accommodation else where? Not even the Hyatt Place nearby?
Is the 279 per night at the Sulpice just a discount?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:08 am

We're 3 weeks out from our reservation and haven't heard a peep about possibly not getting our room. The Hyatt website has pushed the reservation dates to Nov 15, a month after our reservation. Is it possible that they'll open the hotel partially so we get our room while not accepting NEW reservations?

I contacted Hyatt concierge via twitter and they said "we don't have any information on a delayed opening for the hotel... I cannot confirm it as they have not notified us on this" which is so NOT helpful. I can't find any direct contact info with the hotel to check. What should I do? Please help! T_T
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Skramer86
We're 3 weeks out from our reservation and haven't heard a peep about possibly not getting our room. The Hyatt website has pushed the reservation dates to Nov 15, a month after our reservation. Is it possible that they'll open the hotel partially so we get our room while not accepting NEW reservations?

I contacted Hyatt concierge via twitter and they said "we don't have any information on a delayed opening for the hotel... I cannot confirm it as they have not notified us on this" which is so NOT helpful. I can't find any direct contact info with the hotel to check. What should I do? Please help! T_T
I sincerely doubt that the hotel would partially open and would question wanting to stay at a hotel that is so much of a construction zone that they can't take new reservations. Perhaps, someone on this thread could provide the contact email they have been using?
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I sincerely doubt that the hotel would partially open and would question wanting to stay at a hotel that is so much of a construction zone that they can't take new reservations. Perhaps, someone on this thread could provide the contact email they have been using?
Yea for sure a half-finished hotel would definitely not be ideal. I got an email so will try that and see what the response is...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.