Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

TAT and State/County Taxes waived for GH award stay in HI?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

Globalist GOH award stay this winter: I know resort fees are waived but how about the Hawaii TAT of 10.25% and the State/County tax of 4.71%? This will be at GH Kauai but should apply to all Hawaii properties. Called hotel but got the permanent HOLD line.
Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Globalist GOH award stay this winter: I know resort fees are waived but how about the Hawaii TAT of 10.25% and the State/County tax of 4.71%? This will be at GH Kauai but should apply to all Hawaii properties. Called hotel but got the permanent HOLD line.
Thanks
resort fees/taxes are waived.
any % of 0 is still 0.
philemer, AndyKehn and ryandc99 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 100k, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by burnerx213
any % of 0 is still 0.
What? No, Globalists are still expected to pay state and local taxes. Resort fees are waived, you still pay all taxes.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by DroppedSon
What? No, Globalists are still expected to pay state and local taxes. Resort fees are waived, you still pay all taxes.
Well no .... if u add charges or buy stuff. But on an award/GOH stay. Your bill should be $0. Which is why i specified tax on $0 is still 0....
59Impala, DroppedSon and cfabar1 like this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 1:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 100k, Delta Platinum
Ah, I misread that it's an award stay. You're right, cost should be $0
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:16 am

To act as a third opinion- you don't pay any taxes or fees on an award stay except for extra things that you buy (spa, food, etc).
Old Jul 9, 2021, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Thanks. I believe we have a consensus.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In a few countries or cities, there are taxes/fees that are not based on a percentage of the room rate or total bill but rather are a set amount per person or per room per night. In some cases, you pay these taxes on an award stay. They are typically categorized as a tourism charge and sometimes support the local tourist office. In some cases, it's a voluntary charge that can be declined at check out. They should be well under ten Euro or ten dollars.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:28 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by burnerx213
any % of 0 is still 0.
I can confirm there are no taxes if you have a $0 bill at this property. (checked out this week).
Old Jul 10, 2021, 6:59 pm

Question

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In a few countries or cities, there are taxes/fees that are not based on a percentage of the room rate or total bill but rather are a set amount per person or per room per night. In some cases, you pay these taxes on an award stay. They are typically categorized as a tourism charge and sometimes support the local tourist office. In some cases, it's a voluntary charge that can be declined at check out. They should be well under ten Euro or ten dollars.
Would you have examples of hotel taxes that are voluntary? I would not mind declining any "voluntary" tax. Some reason I do not play the lottery. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.