Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certificates Are Being Extended?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:29 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I have a 1-4 expiring on 4 Jan. Chat declined to extend nor convert to points this morning.
It will just expire in 2 days time.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: Chase, Hyatt
Originally Posted by EdofFX
My wife and I both had a Chase Free Night certificate that was set to expire on December 31, 2021. We are both Discoverists and therefore did not expect any chance to convert them into points. I decided not to use them and just let them expire.

To my surprise, we still have one Free Night certificate each in our accounts this morning, with different new expiration dates. Mine will expire in November 2022, hers will expire earlier in May. We are happy.

So for anyone who had FN set to expire on December 31, 2021, you may want to take a look in your account to see if they are still there with a new expiration date.
We are both Discoverists through Chase, so your post gave me a little hope.

However, I logged into both accounts and our certificates (3 that were set to expire 12/31/21) are gone. Another case of Hyatt inconsistency, I guess. This cert fiasco has convinced us to cancel our Chase Hyatt cards before they renew. It's not worth the trouble anymore.
enabler and js1993 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:41 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Datapoint Globalist Line

All of my TSUs earned in 2021 got their expiration dates extended to January 2025. Called the Globalist line for 4K Points per club access award and request was granted. However all 4 club awards still show visible in my account although I received 16K Points. Good thing Hyatt does not do any clawbacks.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
All of my TSUs earned in 2021 got their expiration dates extended to January 2025. Called the Globalist line for 4K Points per club access award and request was granted. However all 4 club awards still show visible in my account although I received 16K Points. Good thing Hyatt does not do any clawbacks.
2025? Is that a typo? I’m assuming you meant 2023.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by josephstern
2025? Is that a typo? I’m assuming you meant 2023.
2025. I called the Globalist line to extend these after a VERY poor stay using 1 of my TSU at the GH Bogota (posted in the other thread)
Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2025. I called the Globalist line to extend these after a VERY poor stay using 1 of my TSU at the GH Bogota (posted in the other thread)
Thanks for the confirmation. That’s fantastic. Now I know what to ask for. I didn’t even think this was possible.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by josephstern
Thanks for the confirmation. That’s fantastic. Now I know what to ask for. I didn’t even think this was possible.
No problem. Globalist line was a 15 minute Hold > Transferred to Guest Services Line which was a 30 minute Hold > they pulled up the survey I completed after checkout and reviewed it with me. I then receive the expiration extension to 2025 after logging in.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Wow. And 4K for the CAA - that is a new record I think as 3K was the previous upper limit along with the lower 500 points.
Markie and ceebee100 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Markie
I have a 1-4 expiring on 4 Jan. Chat declined to extend nor convert to points this morning.
Same with my 1-7 expiring today. MHC said to contact her after it expired but I think I'm just done with this nonsense.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Markie
Same here. I have two that are set to expire (1/4 and 1/9). Reached out via Twitter a week or so ago and they finally responded with, "...We are only considering awards due to expire 12/31/2021..."
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Matt4200
What properties are you staying at that don’t value your relationship? I’ve stayed at dozens of US properties and all of them seem to value my business.

I would exclude HH and HP properties from that because they don’t really have any benefits to offer Globalists. Other than PHNY and a few Hyatt Affiliated, but not Hyatt branded properties (JDV, Destination, etc.) I’d say any full service property where you’re a frequent guest should notice, and you’ll notice a difference.

Properties have emailed weeks or months ahead with upgrades to Standard or even Premium Suites for us, we frequent about 3 properties staying at least a week or at each every year spread out between 2-3 stays each property (or more depending on promos, prices etc.). They’ll also email along current updates, policies with COVID, what’s open or not and so on.

Ours would be - San Diego, Utah, and the greater Los Angeles Area for reference. At these 3 we typically do paid stays, and only stay towards off season where rates are very low ($100-$150 a night).
Do you have a travel blog or anything like that? Just in the past five years, I've probably had 400 nights at Hyatt (all as Globalist/Diamond), from Park Hyatts in Asia to HH in the U.S., and I've never once been proactively emailed by a property weeks or months in advance with an upgrade, etc. Not once.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Same with my 1-7 expiring today. MHC said to contact her after it expired but I think I'm just done with this nonsense.
They might be afraid of double-dipping if they comp Cat 1-7s before expiration, but this one is worth an email to your concierge. I've never once seen a report of an expired Cat 1-7 not resulting in 20,000 points.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by EdofFX
My wife and I both had a Chase Free Night certificate that was set to expire on December 31, 2021. We are both Discoverists and therefore did not expect any chance to convert them into points. I decided not to use them and just let them expire.

To my surprise, we still have one Free Night certificate each in our accounts this morning, with different new expiration dates. Mine will expire in November 2022, hers will expire earlier in May. We are happy.

So for anyone who had FN set to expire on December 31, 2021, you may want to take a look in your account to see if they are still there with a new expiration date.
Nothing for me.

Are you sure you didn't trigger any milestone or Chase spending awards?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by js1993
Any Chase free nights in there?
No these are all from stays.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Do you have a travel blog or anything like that? Just in the past five years, I've probably had 400 nights at Hyatt (all as Globalist/Diamond), from Park Hyatts in Asia to HH in the U.S., and I've never once been proactively emailed by a property weeks or months in advance with an upgrade, etc. Not once.

They might be afraid of double-dipping if they comp Cat 1-7s before expiration, but this one is worth an email to your concierge. I've never once seen a report of an expired Cat 1-7 not resulting in 20,000 points.
Nope, no travel blog. When staying at a property for the first time I usually email ahead with the message advice I gave to the other poster. It typically helps with that stay and from there if they see I’m renting 6 months or so later I typically get an email a few days or a week prior to arrival either from the GM, the Director of Rooms or the Regional Manager.

Maybe they’re thankful a Globalists responds to the surveys giving them good scores? I score fairly and honestly though some get 4’s some get 8’s and some 9’s would be aggregate scores I give.
js1993 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Nothing for me.

Are you sure you didn't trigger any milestone or Chase spending awards?
Sorry to hear that. No, we did not use the Chase World of Hyatt card for the last 6 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.