Certificates Are Being Extended?

Old Dec 29, 2021, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by edsh
I was offered 1,000 points per Club Access Award in a chat session (waited 40 minutes to connect).
I argued it was widely reported that offers of 3,000 / CAA were being given.
The agent replied that refund rates were targeted by individual account. Puzzled but I accepted the 1,000, better than nothing.
I'll send a followup email to the Hyatt Concierge asking for clarification.
Exactly same scenario here. I didnt have the energy to fight or beg for the full 3k. Accepted the 1k as better than the 500.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 8:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Duplicate
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:03 pm

I called the number and took 3k for cat 1-4 chase cert expiring. They said need to have credit card and at least 10 nights to get 10k. I only had 5 nights.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Was that for a Chase free night award or one issued by Hyatt?

Edited to add: I called the number above and was on hold for only about 5 minutes! I was given the same reply as twitter and online chat, which is that they are not allowed to give anything for the Chase free nights. Very disappointing.
Yes for a Chase free night. Bummer they said no.. maybe try again tomorrow?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by grlnextdoor
Yes for a Chase free night. Bummer they said no.. maybe try again tomorrow?
Called back and got a very nice guy who explained to me that for the Chase free nights to be converted to points, Chase is requiring that the account have at least 10 qualifying nights. I only have 5, so I don't qualify. At least I did get 3k per club access award for a total of 12k.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:19 pm

Called back and got a very nice guy who explained to me that for the Chase free nights to be converted to points, Chase is requiring that the account have at least 10 qualifying nights. I only have 5, so I don't qualify. At least I did get 3k per club access award for a total of 12k.
For data point, I have 5 qualifying nights and Discoverist status.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:38 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
After waiting some 70 minutes on chat this morning, I was offered 3K points per expiring club access award right away. I think these were originally issued in 2020 when I was an Explorist. This year I took advantage of the easy Globalist qualification and booked a 25-night Category 1 award stay to reach 50 eligible nights by February. Subsequently I stayed in various Hyatts about 36 nights and got a few extras via the credit card.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Just found a collection of Category 1-4 awards from Chase activity that are expiring and now trying to use them before they go to waste. No luck extending those ones since they were from low activity accounts.

The Chase-related free award nights are rather frustrating to use at times since they aren't even useful at times when there are multiple standard rooms available using points but not for use with the Chase-related free award nights. That alone should be reason enough to get Chase and/or Hyatt to throw in some points, as these Chase-related awards are less available for use than points are.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 30, 2021 at 7:39 am
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:49 am
Original Member

I am a full 60+ night Globalist, member since 1997. After sending an email, my concierge offered me 500 points per award. Should I escalate this, or just take it?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tino
I am a full 60+ night Globalist, member since 1997. After sending an email, my concierge offered me 500 points per award. Should I escalate this, or just take it?
Try chat or twitter. Don't mention any offer from your concierge.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I just sent an email to that Consumer Affairs address. We'll see how long it takes to reply.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tino
You could do the HUACA again thing via Chat on the app or website. You may have to wait as long as what has been a typical one hour or so hold for me on the chat messaging thing to get to an agent who may do the 3000 point thing for each one or may not. But given enough efforts -- if the time is put in -- you can probably manage to do what I've seen done multiple times: get it up to 3000 points each despite one or more previous agent looking at the account saying 500 points.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder

The Chase-related free award nights are rather frustrating to use at times since they aren't even useful at times when there are multiple standard rooms available using points but not for use with the Chase-related free award nights. That alone should be reason enough to get Chase and/or Hyatt to throw in some points, as these Chase-related awards are less available for use than points are.
For the Chase-related awards, Hyatt reps are often suggesting that people should contact Chase to see if Chase will be doing something that Hyatt won't do. Chase being Chase, don't expect much to come from that either.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:17 am

Just keep trying. There are multiple DPs where after multiple try, they got the 10k points even with less than 10 night stays.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I just sent an email to that Consumer Affairs address. We'll see how long it takes to reply.
It's better to shoot an email to their CEO/Executives. Most large corporations have an executive team that handles emails to their CEO/Executives,
and if they deem the email is worth the attention of their executives, they'll forward the email to them.

I don't use this channel often, as the channel can get shut down if it's abused. But I do use it when there are odd cases where the conventional channel does not have the authority to be more flexible.
I've used 3 times in the past 6 years: Tmobile, Adidas, and Hilton. I got responses very quickly (sometimes from the CEO directly), and the issue was resolved soon after.

In the end, I think the corporate will be aware of the fiasco eventually as the supervisors seem to be aware of the complaints at the moment according to the anecdotes online. They are aware people are sharing the data points on blogs and forums.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.