Certificates Are Being Extended?

Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My WoH concierge continues to insist "At this time, World of Hyatt do not have any allowance to do anything with awards expiring next year. Feel free to reach out to us in January I can check if we have an update to this policy.​​​"

I sent her a link to today's VFTW article stating otherwise.

Disappointing. All I've asked for is extension of my Cat 1-7, nothing for my expiring Cat 1-4s or expiring Club Access Awards.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Illinwu
Totally agree. Took the offer of 500 pts per CAA. Will take my loyalty to Marriott next year…its Platinum Elite Status seems to be quite comparable to Hyatt’s Globalist.
You'll be sorely disappointed with Marriott. I hope I am wrong for your sake. I'm lifetime Titanium at Marriott and happily did over 100 nights this year in Hyatts and zero paid nights in a Marriott.
UA-NYC and bigshooter like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:43 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I was initially offered 10,000 points per expiring Cat 1-4, 500 points per club access award, and extensions of suite upgrades. I replied asking for 3,000 per club access award, and they agreed. I ended up with 52,000 points for four club access awards and four Cat 1-4 certs. I have 8 more club access awards (expiring Feb 2022 and Feb 2023), as well as a total of 10 suite upgrades (four expiring Feb 2022, six expiring Feb 2023).

I also have a Cat 1-4 expiring in late January and a Cat 1-7 expiring in May. They wouldn't convert those, but the agent advised me again that they can be used for GOH bookings.

Just a little annoying that instead of extending everything, they want people to reach out and haggle. And a little surprising, why give out points for club access awards to Globalists? 99.9% must go unused, and now they've created the expectation that these can be exchanged for points.

Looking forward to contacting them in late January to haggle about the expiring Cat 1-4, in February about the club access and suite upgrade awards, and in May about the Cat 1-7. Really good use of everyone's time!
NJNY likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:10 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by hailstorm
How much business you bring in has absolutely nothing to do with how many points you're awarded. Seems entirely dependent on who is handling your request.
That’s definitely my take-away from dealing with this stuff for Explorist and Globalist accounts. Any given Hyatt answer for an account has been subject to HUACA benefits to get more than the initially-offered 500 points per expiring CAA.

Personally, I consider the 3000 points more appropriate than 500 points for those who make the effort to try to get these exchanged — just based on how long it takes to reach a rep to see what can be done.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by SHLTP
You'll be sorely disappointed with Marriott. I hope I am wrong for your sake. I'm lifetime Titanium at Marriott and happily did over 100 nights this year in Hyatts and zero paid nights in a Marriott.
I have not stayed at Marriott this year at all. Do you mind sharing some major areas that Hyatt is much better? I am seriously considering switching from Hyatt to Marriott? Thank you so much in advance.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
I have not stayed at Marriott this year at all. Do you mind sharing some major areas that Hyatt is much better? I am seriously considering switching from Hyatt to Marriott? Thank you so much in advance.
Without status, the difference during an actual stay is likely minor. However, Hyatt points are simply worth more and get devalued much less frequently. And if you can get to Globalist, you can apply suite upgrade at booking and full breakfast.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Let's please not go OT here. Suggest you spend some time in the Marriott forum.

It's a dumpster fire of a program.
Colin, UA-NYC and jameswes like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by SP03
Without status, the difference during an actual stay is likely minor. However, Hyatt points are simply worth more and get devalued much less frequently. And if you can get to Globalist, you can apply suite upgrade at booking and full breakfast.
Thank you!
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:50 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
I keep getting disconnected after 20 minutes. Both with the app on iOS as well as Safari on Mac
Do you have your Hyatt iOS app with your account info logged in automatically when using it?

The iOS app chat eventually worked for me even when my network connection would drop repeatedly, but I wasn't sure if it was sort of "worse" with the VPN enabled. At some points, I got a line saying there were only 2 people ahead of me. More often it would say there were 5+ people ahead of me, but there was a long wait time no matter what it said in the chat. I was never sure how "connected" the chat really was or if I was losing spots because of my internet connection cycling on and off at times; as any way I went with the chat, it seemed to hover around 1 hour anyway.
Infinite1K likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Do you have your Hyatt iOS app with your account info logged in automatically when using it?

The iOS app chat eventually worked for me even when my network connection would drop repeatedly, but I wasn't sure if it was sort of "worse" with the VPN enabled. At some points, I got a line saying there were only 2 people ahead of me. More often it would say there were 5+ people ahead of me, but there was a long wait time no matter what it said in the chat. I was never sure how "connected" the chat really was or if I was losing spots because of my internet connection cycling on and off at times; as any way I went with the chat, it seemed to hover around 1 hour anyway.
Yes, I’m logged in on the iOS side. With Safari I noticed that when I got disconnected, it also logged me out of the session. I’ve never seen a status with less than 5+ people ahead of you.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:03 am

Another DP where the person who only got offered firm 500 points, got immediately offered 3k points after a few days.
The interesting thing is I don't know if it's the same person, but the rep who offered 3k points had the same name as the rep who was adamant about offering firm 500 points to me.

So the 3000 points question is why the change? If it's the same rep as mine, did Hyatt change the criteria for bonus? Was the rep in better mood?

Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:09 am

I don’t get it. Do reps get their paychecks deducted if they offer more points? You get different results asking different people within the same day.
lotrbfme likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I was originally told 500 per club level award and asked to check with supervisor as friends received 3k per award. She came back after 1/2 on hold and said supervisors are all busy and said she is just going to give me the 3k each. Globalist under the lesser stay program this year,
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by gbdbld
I don’t get it. Do reps get their paychecks deducted if they offer more points? You get different results asking different people within the same day.
That's commonplace. Not just Hyatt. Everywhere.

Why don't customer service reps give more?

I'd say it is the same mentality as those who don't care their store is being robbed. Why do some people care? It's not their money/stuff.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I was told that suite upgrades cannot be extended over chat. Is that true? Agent said I had to call in and gave me the general reservations number or [email protected], ha! As if either of those will be specialized for these requests. Im surprised there is not a Globalist consumer services line/email.

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Dec 30, 2021 at 8:58 am Reason: updated a mistake from "upgraded" to "extended"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.