Certificates Are Being Extended?

Old Dec 18, 21, 9:37 am

Programs: AA
i have quite a few nights from different chains that I haven't been able to use. Hyatt is a difficult one withuot traveling becauase of its limited footprints. I also trusted Hyatt on doing better than the rest. I used Hilton and Marriott certs this year during the summer for staycations, mostly because I didn't believe they would extend the certs but I was 100% sure on Hyatt extending beyond but now I am realizing I was so wrong. If Hyatt would let certs expire when the competitors do better, I feel like it would have a huge implication on their brand. I certainly would not stay at Hyatts anymore for sure. I am quite leaning toward to HIlton these days, given how they were flexible with my status and certs during the last two years but also wide availability wherever I go. I won't be mind blown by their service but they do just fine. Weird, I really wanted to stay with Hyatts but it is mostly because I always relied on Hyatt to be wowed and they did deliver in the past. Things are changing, I guess i am sad that Hyatt didn't do what they used to do (doing better than the competitors) and i have to let go given how many nice experiences I had with them...Well, things change and we just have to adopt
Old Dec 18, 21, 10:10 am

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
I think it took two weeks for my double-credit to post for my Andaz stay in November. I wouldn't burn the cert.
I stayed in late October and it posted a few days after checkout
Old Dec 18, 21, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Twitter just offered me 3K Hyatt points for my expiring TSU on 12/31:

"The awards cannot be extended, but you can receive up to 3,000 points for each award expiring on 12/31/21. Would you like the points?"

Brutal - I said no thanks and will hope for something better post-expiration. 3K is paltry compared to the value of a TSU. Worth the risk IMO.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Dec 18, 21, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IHG PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by callmedtop View Post

"The awards cannot be extended, but you can receive up to 3,000 points for each award expiring on 12/31/21. Would you like the points?"

Brutal - I said no thanks and will hope for something better post-expiration. 3K is paltry compared to the value of a TSU. Worth the risk IMO.
i tweeted hyatt concierge more than 90 minutes ago and noone has responded. (very few lounges open worldwide so where does Hyatt expect us to have used club awards?

1) is that the correct Twitter account to tweet regarding expiring Club Access Awards?
2) I know they are busy but how long should I expect to wait to receive acknowledgment today to discuss with them? (how long did you wait for response?)
3) anyone have any success with points or extension accommodation for expiring Club Access Awards? (I am explorist through M Club reciprocal status, stayed 12 nights this year including 5 from Chase cc and 3 chase free night awards).

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 18, 21, 1:48 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold

You're expecting Hyatt to increase the number of points? While there's a history of sometimes offering points for an expired free night award, I've never heard of anything for an expired suite upgrade award (and I've had several expire every year for the past several years). I'd jump at the 3K points personally. I have 8 expiring in 2 weeks and am contacting my MHC for the 24K points.
Old Dec 18, 21, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by skj View Post
You're expecting Hyatt to increase the number of points? While there's a history of sometimes offering points for an expired free night award, I've never heard of anything for an expired suite upgrade award (and I've had several expire every year for the past several years). I'd jump at the 3K points personally. I have 8 expiring in 2 weeks and am contacting my MHC for the 24K points.
I will gladly trade my 8 "club upgrade awards" that I never get to use as a Globalist for almost a free night at Ventana Big Sur on low season. My confirmed suites upgrades however I will not.
Stgermainparis and js1993 like this.
Old Dec 18, 21, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sony2012 View Post
..If Hyatt would let certs expire when the competitors do better, I feel like it would have a huge implication on their brand. I certainly would not stay at Hyatts anymore for sure. I am quite leaning toward to HIlton these days, ..
That's akin cutting your finger off because of chipped nail.. a completely irrational decision that will cost you more but it's your call obviously..
Old Dec 18, 21, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why 12/31? Mine are valid until 2/28/22
Old Dec 18, 21, 2:26 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lotrbfme View Post
I will gladly trade my 8 "club upgrade awards" that I never get to use as a Globalist for almost a free night at Ventana Big Sur on low season. My confirmed suites upgrades however I will not.
More power to you if you can use 8 suite upgrades in the next 13 nights.
callmedtop likes this.
Old Dec 18, 21, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
Why 12/31? Mine are valid until 2/28/22
You earned them on 2020, we earned them on 2019. They were supposed to expire on 2/28/2021 but covid extended them to dec 31st
Old Dec 18, 21, 2:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
My concierge said Hyatt isn't extending TSUs. She offered 2000 points

She said no points for any club lounge certificates.
Old Dec 18, 21, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IHG PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by SHLTP View Post
My concierge said Hyatt isn't extending TSUs. She offered 2000 points

She said no points for any club lounge certificates.
I dont understand where Hyatt thinks we could have used the Club Lounge certificates in the past year and a half. I know of only 2 open lounges: Hawaii and London. Dont get their rationale and sense of fairness.
js1993 likes this.

Last edited by fmkgb; Dec 18, 21 at 4:46 pm
Old Dec 18, 21, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lotrbfme View Post
You earned them on 2020, we earned them on 2019. They were supposed to expire on 2/28/2021 but covid extended them to dec 31st
maybe it's ok to expire certs unused for 2+ yrs..
I can see a case for extending certs with initial 6 mo validity but this is pushing it...
Old Dec 18, 21, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP View Post
My concierge said Hyatt isn't extending TSUs. She offered 2000 points.
That's better than nothing, though I'd much prefer having them extended.
Old Dec 18, 21, 7:03 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by fmkgb View Post
I dont understand where Hyatt thinks we could have used the Club Lounge certificates in the past year and a half. I know of only 2 open lounges: Hawaii and London. Dont get their rationale and sense of fairness.
Hyatt has clearly bought into their own hype. It's not the same company it was even a year or two ago.

Search this Thread