Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

2 cat 7s to burn before the end of the year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 cat 7s to burn before the end of the year

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm burning 3 Cat 7s in Stowe Vermont. My criteria was something I could drive to in half a day or less.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Well I was able to book a week on points at Ventana. I'll work with my concierge to see if I can cut it down to 3 nights (2 nights using certs and 1 using points). Otherwise it's Thompson Dallas I think.
Lodge at spruce peak might be an option too.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Well I was able to book a week on points at Ventana. I'll work with my concierge to see if I can cut it down to 3 nights (2 nights using certs and 1 using points). Otherwise it's Thompson Dallas I think.
Lodge at spruce peak might be an option too.
Please post back. I might want to book there on points and swap for a Cat 1-7 also.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I can't remember if this was just for the old free night certificates but also for these cat 1-7 nights. I remember being able to use the FNCs for 4 people included without extra fees at all-inclusives (e.g. Ziva/Zilara). Anyone know if that's true for the cat 1-7's too?
Skink likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by josephstern
Please post back. I might want to book there on points and swap for a Cat 1-7 also.
Will do, I'll speak to my concierge on Monday
​​​
Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Neither are any of the Ziva/Zilara properties but you can use a regular Category 1-7 Certificate at them.

Ziva and Zilara start within the point range of a Cat 1-7. Miraval properties are substantially higher than a Cat 7.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Skink

Ziva and Zilara start within the point range of a Cat 1-7. Miraval properties are substantially higher than a Cat 7.
Again ask Hyatt. My question is why does Hyatt allow Chase issued Cat 1-7’s for Miraval but not earned ones. As you can see above it’s clearly in the T&C that they are allowed and I did provide the link as well.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Again ask Hyatt. My question is why does Hyatt allow Chase issued Cat 1-7’s for Miraval but not earned ones. As you can see above it’s clearly in the T&C that they are allowed and I did provide the link as well.
Matt, this isn't at all what my thread was for. I wanted realistic suggestions from the community on where I could burn my cat 7 certs. Regardless of the legality the reality is that Hyatt won't let me use them on Miraval. If you want to fight that battle for me (which I fully support!) please do so in another thread.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:10 pm

Matt, this isn't at all what my thread was for. I wanted realistic suggestions from the community on where I could burn my cat 7 certs. Regardless of the legality the reality is that Hyatt won't let me use them on Miraval. If you want to fight that battle for me (which I fully support!) please do so in another thread.
I’m not fighting for that at all, I was just curious as to why one is allowed while the other isn’t. I also have two Category 7 Certs to burn by years end and while I’d love to use them at Miraval I know that isn’t possible. I was just again wondering why Chase Certs are allowed for it and earned ones as the ones you and I hold are not.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

I’m not fighting for that at all, I was just curious as to why one is allowed while the other isn’t. I also have two Category 7 Certs to burn by years end and while I’d love to use them at Miraval I know that isn’t possible. I was just again wondering why Chase Certs are allowed for it and earned ones as the ones you and I hold are not.
SMH, bro you don't get it.. It's not adding to the value of the thread.. Nvm
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Success! Two nights in certs, two nights on points with tsu applied!
​​​
Skink, relidtm and hp12c like this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:21 pm

SMH, bro you don't get it.. It's not adding to the value of the thread.. Nvm
No, I get it, trust me I get it. And anyone could’ve easily replied something like -

Hyatt values their relationship with Chase and that’s part of that deal they brokered when creating the Hyatt Credit card and subsequent WOH Credit Card. Hyatt feels that creating that new business is more important than maintaining or further rewarding already loyal business.

I feel it’s a valid question for the thread and the general Hyatt community. If someone would’ve posted one simple answer instead of saying that such Certs don’t exist, or even if they do exist the 45k points cost at Miraval doesn’t make sense to allow that Cert use. But no one answered. Then I would’ve dropped it.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Success! Two nights in certs, two nights on points with tsu applied!
​​​
Wow. Impressive. If I try to put a TSU reservation up against one without a TSU, I get all kinds of pushback.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Wow. Impressive. If I try to put a TSU reservation up against one without a TSU, I get all kinds of pushback.
My concierge did it, she called the property directly, I would suggest you work with your concierge.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My concierge did it, she called the property directly, I would suggest you work with your concierge.
Yeah - that's who told me no recently in a similar situation.

I might need a new concierge. "No" is the most frequent answer I seem to get.
ceebee100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.