Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Montréal Downtown - MASTER REVIEW THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Montréal Downtown - MASTER REVIEW THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:32 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by 59Impala
which you even take on board an airplane - very cool
Unfortunately emotional support pets provided by the hotel must be returned upon departure sadly
So Glinda my emotional support insect was returned in a zip lock bag for inspection or to be assigned to the next lucky guest
Its not every Lifetime Glob or frequent guest that gets that level of recognition and companionship complimentary

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 23, 2022 at 10:18 am
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:36 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Unfortunately emotional support pets provided by the hotel must be returned upon departure sadly
So Glinda my emotional support insect was returned in a zip lock bag for inspection or to be assigned to the next lucky guest
Its not every Lifetime Glob or frequent guest that gets that level of recognition and companionship complimentary
I envy you!
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Thanks for the review. Took a look for next week but >$300 on a corporate rate. No thanks despite lamenting the conversion of the Hyatt Regency to Doubletree. I could stay for a lower/same rate at the Hampton/Renaissance//Doubletree in a better location. Shame on Hyatt for not being able to keep the (now) Doubletree under it's flag.
Exactly my thoughts seawolf.Right now they can get it with being new high season and Grand Prix in town as I was leaving.
First attended the former Hyatt Regency Montreal years ago with the Star Mega Do with an incredible group of industry consultants,
notable well known bloggers and Flyertalk folks
I found it odd that we were barred from the Regency Club despite elite status and given odd shaped weird small dated rooms.
On my next trip they more than made it up to me upgrading me to the
Presidential suite which was absolutely amazing!Private office, dining room, kitchen, living room with fireplace,huge master bedroom.
My Canadian friends thought I must have won the lottery.
The former HR hotel had one of the oddest layouts and entrances ever and def needed a refurb in the rooms.
Hilton appeared to do a respectable job
I would try it out as a Doubletree (with limited expectations)and almost did this trip instead opting for the Ritz Carlton and the Vogue Curio before ending
with the Hyatt Place and parting with Glinda on my emotional departure without my assigned support insect

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 23, 2022 at 10:23 am
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Exactly my thoughts seawolf.Right now they can get it with being new high season and Grand Prix in town as I was leaving.
First attended the former Hyatt Regency Montreal years ago with the Star Mega Do with an incredible group of industry consultants,
notable well known bloggers and Flyertalk folks
I found it odd that we were barred from the Regency Club despite elite status and given odd shaped weird small dated rooms.
On my next trip they more than made it up to me upgrading me to the
Presidential suite which was absolutely amazing!Private office, dining room, kitchen, living room with fireplace,huge master bedroom.
My Canadian friends thought I must have won the lottery.
The former HR hotel had one of the oddest layouts and entrances ever and def needed a refurb in the rooms.
Hilton appeared to do a respectable job
I would try it out as a Doubletree (with limited expectations)and almost did this trip instead opting for the Ritz Carlton and the Vogue Curio before ending
with the Hyatt Place and parting with Glinda on my emotional departure without my assigned support insect
Accessing the hotel is definitely confusing for first time guests. The Doubletree rooms were renovated under Hyatt flag. Reflagged within a year after renovations completed. Relatively large and deep swimming pool. Glob had breakfast in restaurant which was relatively top notch.

Not sure how property is treating Hilton Gold/Diamonds or lounge offering as I haven't been since reflag. Took my 40 nights over to Courtyard/Humaniti/AC since reflag just to stay in the same location and lost Globalist status since. Was hoping the two new Hyatts could offer a good alternative. There was a rumor a couple of years back of an Andaz coming but it seems to have fizzed out.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Accessing the hotel is definitely confusing for first time guests. The Doubletree rooms were renovated under Hyatt flag. Reflagged within a year after renovations completed. Relatively large and deep swimming pool. Glob had breakfast in restaurant which was relatively top notch.

Not sure how property is treating Hilton Gold/Diamonds or lounge offering as I haven't been since reflag. Took my 40 nights over to Courtyard/Humaniti/AC since reflag just to stay in the same location and lost Globalist status since. Was hoping the two new Hyatts could offer a good alternative. There was a rumor a couple of years back of an Andaz coming but it seems to have fizzed out.
Interesting info as I assumed wrongly the beds would be standard Doubletree beds!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 2:20 pm

Currently staying in this hotel. Overall experience is ok but there are quite a few teething issues as the hotel is very new.
Old May 8, 2023, 4:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Currently staying at the Centric which is about a 10-minute walk, and I thought I might stay here for the second two weeks of this trip, but I walked all over on the weekend and it's shameful that this city has so many seriously-disturbed mentally ill people living on the streets and in parks/alleys/apartment entries. The big park across from the hotel is where a lot of them hang out during the day and there's an obvious smell of urine and poop as there's no public toilets. Decided I'm not staying here.

The hotel is on the corner of St Hubert and Ste Catherine; the latter street is home to the gayborhood here for about 1km east and during the day it felt pretty safe, but I'm not sure I'd want to go out after dark without my pocketknife. The rooms and common areas look great in the pics above but from the outside it looks old and dirty. Looks like they still haven't washed the windows!
Old Oct 24, 2023, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by born sleepy
Currently staying at the Centric which is about a 10-minute walk, and I thought I might stay here for the second two weeks of this trip, but I walked all over on the weekend and it's shameful that this city has so many seriously-disturbed mentally ill people living on the streets and in parks/alleys/apartment entries. The big park across from the hotel is where a lot of them hang out during the day and there's an obvious smell of urine and poop as there's no public toilets. Decided I'm not staying here.

The hotel is on the corner of St Hubert and Ste Catherine; the latter street is home to the gayborhood here for about 1km east and during the day it felt pretty safe, but I'm not sure I'd want to go out after dark without my pocketknife. The rooms and common areas look great in the pics above but from the outside it looks old and dirty. Looks like they still haven't washed the windows!
Not to derail this thread, but I have to ask: did you like the Centric, and was it mostly just the area about the HP that you felt was dodgy? I would think that the Centric being in old town would be in a really good spot. I did check out the HP because of their spacious suites, but location does indeed kind of suck... Will likely be staying at the Centric because the rates are far better than the Vogue and RC.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Out of curiosity, is the homeless situation around HP any better in winter with homeless/vagrants etc mostly indoors considering the snow and freezing temps, perhaps making the entrance and surrounding area a little more pleasant? I may have a 5 night stay there in December. The HC seems nicer and obviously more a conventional hotel but the location, esp in snowy conditions makes it a little less convenient.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:14 pm

it looks like they have two suites - 1 bedroom suite (king bed with sofa sleeper) and specialty 1 king bed with sofa-sleeper. Does anyone know if one can apply a suite upgrade to get one of these rooms?
Old Jan 22, 2024, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by pluu1285
it looks like they have two suites - 1 bedroom suite (king bed with sofa sleeper) and specialty 1 king bed with sofa-sleeper. Does anyone know if one can apply a suite upgrade to get one of these rooms?
Just ask Hyatt cs or your concierge. I'm guessing there's a 25% chance they accept SUAs?
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:46 am

complimentary suite upgrades don't apply at hyatt place properties do they?
Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:14 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Good afternoon. Thank you for considering Hyatt for your stay in Montreal. Suite Upgrade Certificates are not available for use at Hyatt Place Downtown Montreal. @Hyattconcierge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.