Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Prive Free Night Stay Credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2021, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Hi FTers, this is the first time I've stayed on one of these rates, and wanted to hear your perspective before reaching out to Hyatt. I booked a "Prive" package where you get the 4th night free. I received 3 nights as stay credit and not 4. Should I have received credit for all 4 nights? Thanks!
Old May 19, 2021, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME I received credit for the night several years ago but not more recently. Since then, Hyatt has had some promos (I remember one for RCs and one for HPs) with a third or fourth night free where the T&C were very explicit that the free night would not count for elite status.

As a practical matter, YMMV but if you do get credit, I suspect it is a mistake that is more likely to happen if the bill shows the total room rate divided by all the nights rather than a charge for each of three nights and nothing showing for the room rate for the fourth (free) night.

In the distant past, there were reports of people getting nights credit for rooms that were master billed by making sure that something not eligible for the master bill was charged to the room, so that a bill was generated, but I haven't seen any datapoints recently, so I would assume that this loophole has been closed.
Old May 19, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFOBayFlyer
Hi FTers, this is the first time I've stayed on one of these rates, and wanted to hear your perspective before reaching out to Hyatt. I booked a "Prive" package where you get the 4th night free. I received 3 nights as stay credit and not 4. Should I have received credit for all 4 nights? Thanks!
Whenever you haver a nth night free rate, you generally don't get credit for every nth night. So in your case it's correct to get credits for 3 nights. Sometimes there'll be an error and you'll get 4, but you're only supposed to get 3.
Old May 19, 2021, 11:28 am

Just message twitter they'll fix it
Old May 19, 2021, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Whenever you haver a nth night free rate, you generally don't get credit for every nth night. So in your case it's correct to get credits for 3 nights. Sometimes there'll be an error and you'll get 4, but you're only supposed to get 3.
Is this the case where the "nth night free" is really the rate for the paid rates spread out over all the days including "nth night free"?
Old May 19, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nas6034
Is this the case where the "nth night free" is really the rate for the paid rates spread out over all the days including "nth night free"?
If you have a non-zero rate for the nth night then you'll get credit for it. But for all of the Prive 3rd/4th night free rates I've booked the 3rd/4th night has shown a $0 rate on the confirmation - and I didn't get credit for it.
Old May 20, 2021, 9:27 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I’ve asked. They won’t budge on giving manual credit for the zero rate night, either on Privé or their own X night free rates. Beeare.
Old May 20, 2021, 9:42 am

I sent this to hyatt twitter. Worked 5/5 so far "Hello for my past stay at XXX from XX to XX (reservation XXX) I only received 2 qualifying nights instead of 3. Can you check for me? Thanks!
Old May 20, 2021, 10:31 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
I sent this to hyatt twitter. Worked 5/5 so far "Hello for my past stay at XXX from XX to XX (reservation XXX) I only received 2 qualifying nights instead of 3. Can you check for me? Thanks!
Nice! Mine query was “can I have credit for this zero rate night anyway?” Which was probably not the best way to phrase it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.