Destination Hyatts

Old May 18, 2021, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Destination Hyatts

Looking for US Hyatts that in and of themselves are destinations. Or perhaps are in destinations that require very little effort to have some fun (Carmel location?).

Found the one at Coconut Point in FL but looking for more ideas. Bonus if it has a Regency Club Lounge (are these mostly back open?).
Old May 18, 2021, 8:59 am

Resort at Squaw Creek
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Stayed at Coconut Point in March and it was great, but the lounge is closed and was told by the manager that there were no plans to reopen it. Also said that Hyatt was seriously thinking about doing away with lounges all together. We were offered daily breakfast in the restaurant for all 5 of our party and we decided we liked that better. Also given $25 coupons per day for the food/coffee/snacks/gift shop. That worked great for the kids to get ice cream, snacks, etc. Bottles of water were at the check in desk and we could get as many as we wanted each day in addition to the 2 bottles left in our room each day
Stgermainparis and cfabar1 like this.
Old May 18, 2021, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Any Miraval as they are all inclusive and you really do not want to leave the property while visiting!
Old May 18, 2021, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Not a very good thread title, now that "Destination" is a brand in its own right...
Old May 18, 2021, 2:50 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
This might be better discussed here Aspirational properties: hotels worth a trip - FlyerTalk Forums
Old May 18, 2021, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by joey965
Stayed at Coconut Point in March and it was great, but the lounge is closed and was told by the manager that there were no plans to reopen it. Also said that Hyatt was seriously thinking about doing away with lounges all together. We were offered daily breakfast in the restaurant for all 5 of our party and we decided we liked that better. Also given $25 coupons per day for the food/coffee/snacks/gift shop. That worked great for the kids to get ice cream, snacks, etc. Bottles of water were at the check in desk and we could get as many as we wanted each day in addition to the 2 bottles left in our room each day
Was the beach area of the private island nice? We have a place on Atlantic coast and so really like the clear low wave difference on the Gulf side. That's a bummer about the lounge, but I think we'd like the free breakfast and $25 coupons/day better, too! I'm only Explorist, though. Do you know if that is a status perk? The kids with us will be 12 and 18. It does sound ideal for families with younger kids. Do you think my ages would be equally happy there?

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Any Miraval as they are all inclusive and you really do not want to leave the property while visiting!
Oh, yes. If it were only spouse and I, we'd be all over that.

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Not a very good thread title, now that "Destination" is a brand in its own right...
Oops. Can't edit it.

Originally Posted by skj
I'll go check out that thread. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Troopers
Resort at Squaw Creek
Yes. This looks amazing. And it would be a totally different landscape than Florida, where we spend most of the summer. Thank you!
Old May 18, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Free breakfast is only for Globalists. As are the $25 coupons. We have taken our grandkids the last three years for spring break. They are 6 and 8 and LOVE this place. We have to pull them out of the pool, lazy river, huge slides, etc at the end of every day. I already have our point reservation for next March as Hyatt is introducing peak and off peak pricing in a few months and I’m sure March will be peak for this hotel.
Old May 18, 2021, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
HRC Bonita Springs is just a spectacular facility, especially when paired with the Hyatt Regency. You could easily enjoy being there... We know a couple that stayed there six weeks last year... it’s like a world into itself....
Old May 18, 2021, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joey965
Free breakfast is only for Globalists. As are the $25 coupons. We have taken our grandkids the last three years for spring break. They are 6 and 8 and LOVE this place. We have to pull them out of the pool, lazy river, huge slides, etc at the end of every day. I already have our point reservation for next March as Hyatt is introducing peak and off peak pricing in a few months and Im sure March will be peak for this hotel.
So many of our trips are geared toward our older kids and us parents. I think our 12 year old would love being the focus with the slides etc. I have a bunch of club awards that I was hoping to use before they expire in Feb. Ill call and ask whats up with the lounge bar breakfast etc.

Originally Posted by cfabar1
HRC Bonita Springs is just a spectacular facility, especially when paired with the Hyatt Regency. You could easily enjoy being there... We know a couple that stayed there six weeks last year... its like a world into itself....
I am so ready to just be in a hotel thats beautiful and doesnt require me to make decisions about the day. Need a real treat after this waste of a year.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

I’ve booked a suite at the HR Coconut Point for two nights in late June. The only two nights where I could use points. From there we head to the Hyatt Centric in Key West for the 4th of July for a few nights. I’m wondering if I should add a paid night on the front end of the HR Coconut Point rez. We will arrive around noon for checkin and depart at noon for checkout. Is 48 hours plenty or is this the sort of spot we should go for 72. Kids are 12 and 18 with us. We like doing the active stuff like nature walks and kayaking and the youngest will do water slides etc.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 12:34 pm

I would think two days would be enough. You’ll have a couple days by the pool, maybe do a round of golf, go to the island, check out the restaurants, etc. Some people always want more time though. Personally, the max I would stay would be about 3-4 days if I had all the time in the world.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

I would think two days would be enough. Youll have a couple days by the pool, maybe do a round of golf, go to the island, check out the restaurants, etc. Some people always want more time though. Personally, the max I would stay would be about 3-4 days if I had all the time in the world.
Gotcha. We would have only one full day with the 2-night stay. Given how little fun weve had this year I am tempted to add one more. Wed do one day at the island, one day at the pool, then some pool and rock climbing etc on the half days. Ill investigate. Im supremely annoyed that the club is closed. As Explorist I dont get free breakfast, and the whole chain has made it virtually impossible to use the club awards earned.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 4:59 pm

I”m curious to see if they end up amending the club access awards for the future.... I have heard rumors that Regency Clubs may be on the way out....
Old Jun 9, 2021, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Im curious to see if they end up amending the club access awards for the future.... I have heard rumors that Regency Clubs may be on the way out....
I read anecdotes about closing them permanently. I really hope not. They are one reason for my brand loyalty. My family and I really value the clubs and the Hyatt ones have been some fo the nicer ones weve experienced. If clubs are closed chain wide, then wed move our travel to another chain. I realize its silly to some but the clubs have been an integral part of family travel for a decade for us. The easily accessible and casual atmosphere of the club is great for families.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.