Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Applying 2 award nights after first night in suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2021, 4:33 am
Original Poster

I recently booked 1 night at the Hyatt House Atlanta Perimeter for next month and then decided to extend my stay 2 extra nights. For the first night I booked a King studio kitchen suite with sofa, my preferred room type at HH. Next 2 nights I used my 2 available anniversary awards but was only allowed to book the standard King Den room. My reservation shows as split in 2, first night in the suite and 2nd and 3rd night in the den.

I booked my award nights over the phone, and the agent said I'll need to switch rooms after the first night. She mentioned that without me asking.

Is it possible to request through the hotel to stay in the suite all 3 nights, and what would be the best way to ask?
Old May 13, 2021, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Unless you are a Globalist, you undoubtedly would be asked to change rooms. I'm not saying that you are trying to play games, but many people have tried... book the first night in a more desirable room and hope that the hotel would decide it's preferable to clean one room instead of two.

Your best bet is probably to contact the hotel, and ask how much they would charge to upgrade you to a suite from the "den".
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I'd also suggest that you might have the best luck just asking the front desk about it when you check-in. Explain that the later nights are from the free night certificate and it wouldn't let you book your desired room type with the certificate. If the nicer room type is unsold (especially at a limited service HH) you've got a decent chance (though certainly not guaranteed) of being able to stay in that room for the additional nights.

If we were talking about a week of additional nights, or a full service property where there's likely hundreds of dollars difference in the room rate then chance goes down much closer to 0 for a non-glob. But in this case, my hunch is 50/50.
Old May 13, 2021, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for the replies.

I think I'll take your suggestion and ask at check-in.

I was also thinking about waiting until I see the suite. If it's a great room on a high floor with a good view, then I could call down and tell them I love the room and ask if I could stay there all 3 nights. If the only suite available is undesirable, I might as well move to the den, although it's a brand new property outside of downtown Atl and a lot of people are still not traveling so they may be at lower occupancy.
Old May 13, 2021, 11:38 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
I was there a few weeks ago, and it seemed to have VERY low occupancy. I'd guess you have a decent shot of being able to stay in the room if you ask nicely. Worst case, they ask you to pay a small upcharge.
Old May 13, 2021, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hp12c
I was there a few weeks ago, and it seemed to have VERY low occupancy. I'd guess you have a decent shot of being able to stay in the room if you ask nicely. Worst case, they ask you to pay a small upcharge.
Good to know. I won't mind paying a small upcharge if it comes to that.
It's always nicer checking in to a hotel after a long drive knowing the room you're checking into is yours the next 3 nights and no need to pack up the next morning. Plan is to be as nice as possible and make their day if they're gonna make mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.