Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Promotion active again until December 20, 2022:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/dine-local.html

Normally, 5x base points are awarded for eating at a Hyatt restaurant. With this promo, 3 x 5 points are awarded, so 15x (5x base and 10x bonus).
Give the server your Hyatt number at the time of payment. You will see the number on your credit card receipt.

Terms & Conditions

Members may earn triple points on Eligible Non-Stay Charges for food and beverage purchases at participating outlets at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts between September 15, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. CDT and December 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Outlet participation is limited. Offer may not be available at all properties or at all outlets at a participating property. Offer is not available at Alua Hotels & Resorts, Breathless Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Lindblad Expeditions, MGM Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Sunscape Resort & Spas, Vivid Hotels & Resorts, or Zoëtry Wellness and Spa Resorts. Please ask outlet associates about participation. Members may earn a maximum of 100,000 Bonus Points per transaction under this offer (in addition to any Bonus Points you may earn as an elite member). Only Base Points are tripled, and all points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of purchase.

Offer not valid on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions. Member must use an Eligible Method of Payment to settle qualifying Eligible Non-Stay Charges. Eligible Methods of Payment do not include, without limitation, guest room or folio charges, hotel “House Accounts,” charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, point redemptions, award redemptions, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or property-specific gift card/certificates. Failure to pay for purchases renders this offer void.

Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer with a suitable substitute offer of equal value (if legally required) at any time. Offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. Hyatt®, World of Hyatt® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. ©2022 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2021, 11:53 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Hyatt gives points for restaurant spend when not staying in the hotel. We've gotten two fancy new restaurants in local Hyatts so I put it to the test for the first time. We ate at Alila Marea Encinitas last night. The waitress was very familiar with how to do it, took my Hyatt card, and when she brought our bill, showed me that my Hyatt number was there. I was surprised and delighted to receive points already today. I received considerably more than I expected. Is there a promo running for Hyatt restaurant spend and if so for how long?

The Hyatt website says I get 5x points per $1 spend.

This says "Non-Stay F&B Triple Points" but in fact gives 10x points in addition to 5x base points.
Markie, lsquare and 59Impala like this.
Old May 7, 2021, 11:56 am

Yes - 3x points through June 15th. Details here:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ine-local.html

Did you eat at Vaga? How was it?
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 7, 2021, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AllThePants

Did you eat at Vaga? How was it?
Thanks for the link. I actually got 10X bonus points even though it said 3x so am puzzled. Overall, I got 16x points for the spend.

Yes, we ate at Vaga. It opened to the public on May 5. Eat on the balcony if you go to fully enjoy the coastal view. It is stunning. I have been following the restaurant and the chef on IG so was really looking forward to it. My husband and I agreed we have other excellent local restaurants that we prefer.
Old May 7, 2021, 12:04 pm

It's 3x what you would normally get. So normally you would get 5x $ spent. So instead of that, you get 15x. ( 3 x 5 x $ ). The extra 1.5x is the globalist 30% benefit (.3 * 5).

We're headed down to the Aviara towards the end of the month, so if there are any must-eats, would love to hear about them.
SanDiego1K and lsquare like this.
Old May 7, 2021, 12:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks for the link. I actually got 10X bonus points even though it said 3x so am puzzled. Overall, I got 16x points for the spend.

Yes, we ate at Vaga. It opened to the public on May 5. Eat on the balcony if you go to fully enjoy the coastal view. It is stunning. I have been following the restaurant and the chef on IG so was really looking forward to it. My husband and I agreed we have other excellent local restaurants that we prefer.
Looks like it's 3x whatever your base earning is (which is 5points/$). The extra 1.5% was your Glob bonus.

This is a solid deal!
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old May 7, 2021, 12:15 pm

Yeah -- opens up some questions. Wonder if it's possible to pay for dining separate from the hotel folio -- as it would net more points under current promo structures.

My guess would be no given that the promo is coded as "Non-Stay" F&B Triple Points.

The math was different earlier in Q1 -- as most resorts had 4x point structures, so it made sense to just charge it to the room, but currently it seems like an actual on-premise guest is losing out since they only get the standard base points rate on their F&B spend.
Old May 7, 2021, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Yeah -- opens up some questions. Wonder if it's possible to pay for dining separate from the hotel folio -- as it would net more points under current promo structures.

My guess would be no given that the promo is coded as "Non-Stay" F&B Triple Points.

The math was different earlier in Q1 -- as most resorts had 4x point structures, so it made sense to just charge it to the room, but currently it seems like an actual on-premise guest is losing out since they only get the standard base points rate on their F&B spend.
If you don't charge to the room and simply plunk down your WoH Card to pay for dinner, how does the hotel know? Are servers required to search the current guest database before entering the person's WoH identifier? Is Hyatt watching what charging is going onto a WoH member's card?

David
bds123123 likes this.
Old May 7, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
This is great! Nice incentive to get back to Blue Duck Tavern at the PH DC.
Old May 8, 2021, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
This thread definitely has my attention. I had no idea restaurant spend earn base points. I'm assuming the base points from the restaurant spend count towards lifetime status? How do I know which Hyatt hotel restaurant is participating? Sounds like a very good deal indeed if all of this is true!
Old May 8, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
This promo has been going on for a few months now. It was discussed in the promos and Bonus Journeys threads, but looks like lots of people didn’t see it. That’s a shame, since it’s a pretty good promo if you’re going to be eating/drinking at on property restaurants either way.
Old May 8, 2021, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coleslaw
This promo has been going on for a few months now. It was discussed in the promos and Bonus Journeys threads, but looks like lots of people didn’t see it.
I think I saw it but didn't pay attention. 3x points isn't something that will influence my choice of restaurants. But by chance, we've had two new celeb driven restaurants opened at local Hyatt properties that I want to try. I brushed off my old Hyatt card to take with me because I'm a points junkie. I had no memory of the promo and it was quite the shock to see how many points I earned. Even then, I was perplexed at how many I got. I seriously wondered how 3x bonus could turn into 10x points. It took AllThePants to explain it. Now, I'm thinking I might fit in an extra meal or two if the second restaurant proves worthy of repeat business. I'm eating there tomorrow. In the end, I got 16.5x points for my meal. I think that Hyatt should have found better vocabulary to pitch this promo. It took me posting on FlyerTalk and getting the help of knowledgeable members to understand what a deal this is. (Even so, I'm enough of a foodie that I wouldn't choose a Hyatt restaurant unless the food is truly what I want to consume.)
Old May 8, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I think I saw it but didn't pay attention. 3x points isn't something that will influence my choice of restaurants. But by chance, we've had two new celeb driven restaurants opened at local Hyatt properties that I want to try. I brushed off my old Hyatt card to take with me because I'm a points junkie. I had no memory of the promo and it was quite the shock to see how many points I earned. Even then, I was perplexed at how many I got. I seriously wondered how 3x bonus could turn into 10x points. It took AllThePants to explain it. Now, I'm thinking I might fit in an extra meal or two if the second restaurant proves worthy of repeat business. I'm eating there tomorrow. In the end, I got 16.5x points for my meal. I think that Hyatt should have found better vocabulary to pitch this promo. It took me posting on FlyerTalk and getting the help of knowledgeable members to understand what a deal this is. (Even so, I'm enough of a foodie that I wouldn't choose a Hyatt restaurant unless the food is truly what I want to consume.)
I think that the way the points post is consistent with other double / triple points promos. You get the standard 5x and then another 5x for double or 10x for triple. Bonus Journeys points posted in the same way. So it’s never Nx on top of the 5x base points (although I wish it was).
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 1:54 pm

Now what I find more interesting is that the Alila is not listed as participating on the Hyatt promo page. I wonder which other hotels are eligible but not listed
Old May 8, 2021, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian

Re: "Earn 3X points on dine-in, delivery or takeout at participating hotel restaurants through June 15, 2021 when you’re not staying the night." (Highlights mine)

Does anyone know if they're actually set up to know if they can track this, especially if one doesn't bill the meal to the room put rather puts in on a separate credit card charge? Seems like a bit of extra coding that might not be worth doing...
Old May 8, 2021, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Re: "Earn 3X points on dine-in, delivery or takeout at participating hotel restaurants through June 15, 2021 when you’re not staying the night." (Highlights mine)

Does anyone know if they're actually set up to know if they can track this, especially if one doesn't bill the meal to the room put rather puts in on a separate credit card charge? Seems like a bit of extra coding that might not be worth doing...
See discussion above.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.