Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
Promotion active again until December 20, 2022:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/dine-local.html

Normally, 5x base points are awarded for eating at a Hyatt restaurant. With this promo, 3 x 5 points are awarded, so 15x (5x base and 10x bonus).
Give the server your Hyatt number at the time of payment. You will see the number on your credit card receipt.

Terms & Conditions

Members may earn triple points on Eligible Non-Stay Charges for food and beverage purchases at participating outlets at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts between September 15, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. CDT and December 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Outlet participation is limited. Offer may not be available at all properties or at all outlets at a participating property. Offer is not available at Alua Hotels & Resorts, Breathless Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Lindblad Expeditions, MGM Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Sunscape Resort & Spas, Vivid Hotels & Resorts, or Zoëtry Wellness and Spa Resorts. Please ask outlet associates about participation. Members may earn a maximum of 100,000 Bonus Points per transaction under this offer (in addition to any Bonus Points you may earn as an elite member). Only Base Points are tripled, and all points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of purchase.

Offer not valid on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions. Member must use an Eligible Method of Payment to settle qualifying Eligible Non-Stay Charges. Eligible Methods of Payment do not include, without limitation, guest room or folio charges, hotel “House Accounts,” charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, point redemptions, award redemptions, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or property-specific gift card/certificates. Failure to pay for purchases renders this offer void.

Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer with a suitable substitute offer of equal value (if legally required) at any time. Offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. Hyatt®, World of Hyatt® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. ©2022 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Print Wikipost

Getting points for restaurant spend: 15x spend back thru 20 Dec2022

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LineByLine
Brand new Hyatt member here. This weekend, I decided to check out this promo at a couple of local Hyatts where I live. Here are the results:

Saturday: Breakfast at an Unbound Collection by Hyatt property. Really good breakfast. Mentioned I wasn't staying at the hotel and wanted to attach my WOH number. Server had no clue what I was talking about. Got his manager. The manager had no clue what I was talking about. The manager had to get someone from the front desk to explain how to do it but it number still didn't get attached to the bill when they ran it.

Sunday: Brunch buffet at a Grand Hyatt. The food was just okay. Next time, I will probably place an order instead. The manager was able to attach the WOH number and it showed on the receipt when paying. Progress.

Because I am new, I am not sure about how fast points are added to your account. But it's Wednesday and the points from the weekend still have not appeared. I took photos of all receipts. I am guessing customer service will need to go back and add these later.
Most Unbound properties, especially ones that were not Hyatt’s before, do not know how and it can be very difficult to get credit for breakfast or meal charges.

So an example would be -

MarMonte in Santa Barbara which was previously a Hyatt Centric. They know how and can easily add your WOH number for credit.

Whereas a Property like Hotel Figueroa in Los Angeles would have a more difficult time and it may not post even after jumping through all the hoops.

Unbound is basically Hyatt’s version of Small Luxury Hotels.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:42 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Thank you all who posted and went to the trouble to figure it all out. Our family are headed to the GH Kauai in a couple weeks. For sure will be eating on the property frequently. I will be sure to charge all food purchases to our hyatt cc and not to the room. This is a bit more challenging around the pool bars etc. It will be worth it. If we miss a few things that the grandkids charge? No problem. We will be eating at Tidepools twice.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Had some problems getting points on the credit card Hyatt on this so check statements. I'm in China. One Hyatt last week gave me triple points In restaurant but I didn't get for the credit card part as it coded as a kaiyue rather than Hyatt (pinyin for Hyatt Regency is Kaiyue).

I had to call chase to get it to work
I'm at a Park Hyatt this week. Got a triple point and the credit card seems to be coded properly - it's called Park Hyatt City I'm in

Suggest you check to make sure the Hyatt credit card also gives you bonus points and that it is coded properly. This is a frustrating part about international travels. Doesn't always have Hyatt in English
Old Oct 8, 2022, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Would grab and go consider as participating outlet ? Or is it only restaurants ?
Old Oct 8, 2022, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Would grab and go consider as participating outlet ? Or is it only restaurants ?
Grab and Go isn’t a restaurant, it’s only restaurants.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I believe take out works. Ask the grab and go place directly. At a Marriott I go to for grab and go sandwishes and salads, it does get the same discount as full restaurants. I've never tried w Hyatt grab and go.

It all depends on whether the outlet participates. Probably a case by case on outlet.
I just got triple points for seven meals this week at a park Hyatt. What a great promo. I just wish as me tioned above all restaurants code properly for the Hyatt credit card. I still haven't gotten a Hyatt regency dinner rsolved w Chase yet from 2 weeks ago
ORDnHKG likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I was a GH Baha Mar and charged the dinner at Marcus to CC. The bill has a section to enter my WOH number and name, but the restaurant didn't know what to do with it. It was a mess to get that credited. Eventually the resort gave me a bonus credit, which unfortunately did not qualify for 3x since it's coded as a bonus. I didn't bother wasting any more time to pursue those ~ 3000 points.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Grab and Go isn’t a restaurant, it’s only restaurants.
T&C never said only restaurants but participating outlets instead, that's why I ask
Old Oct 9, 2022, 5:56 pm

T&C never said only restaurants but participating outlets instead, that's why I ask
It could be inferred.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
It could be inferred.
It's not only restaurants.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
It's not only restaurants.
Yes, I know.

Restaurants, Bars, and Starbucks or cafes. Anything that would otherwise code as “Dining/Restaurants” on a credit card. That’s my understanding of what will count.

The issue with grab and go is there’s 2 types -

1) It’s run by the Front Desk such as in Hyatt Places and Hyatt Houses. They have no ability to add a WOH number for those purchases other than charging it to a room.

2) It’s a little stand somewhere in the property like at Manchester Grand Hyatt near the gift shop. Their register or POS (Point of Sale) system has no way to add a WOH number.

That’s why it could be inferred that it would not qualify.

Places like Starbucks can add the WOH number through some difficulty but I believe since the pandemic they’ve adapted more because hotels relied on them to provide a “full breakfast” (ha!) for Globalists or Hyatt Prive’ guests.

Last edited by Matt4200; Oct 9, 2022 at 7:00 pm
Old Oct 12, 2022, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I know.

Restaurants, Bars, and Starbucks or cafes. Anything that would otherwise code as “Dining/Restaurants” on a credit card. That’s my understanding of what will count.

The issue with grab and go is there’s 2 types -

1) It’s run by the Front Desk such as in Hyatt Places and Hyatt Houses. They have no ability to add a WOH number for those purchases other than charging it to a room.

2) It’s a little stand somewhere in the property like at Manchester Grand Hyatt near the gift shop. Their register or POS (Point of Sale) system has no way to add a WOH number.

That’s why it could be inferred that it would not qualify.

Places like Starbucks can add the WOH number through some difficulty but I believe since the pandemic they’ve adapted more because hotels relied on them to provide a “full breakfast” (ha!) for Globalists or Hyatt Prive’ guests.
You just said two completely different things, first you said it is only restaurants (according to T&C it had NEVER said that !!!), then you said it could be inferred, but now you said it can be done, so what are you really trying to say ??? If you are not sure or no experience then it is totally ok not to respond rather than giving multiple answers
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:02 pm

You just said two completely different things, first you said it is only restaurants (according to T&C it had NEVER said that !!!), then you said it could be inferred, but now you said it can be done, so what are you really trying to say ??? If you are not sure or no experience then it is totally ok not to respond rather than giving multiple answers
I said the same thing with a fuller explanation.

Then I explained why Grab and Go would not and could not qualify.

Not sure why you’d respond 3 days later angrily. I feel my response, logic and explanation is more than adequate.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Southwest, Hilton, Delta
Update: After 1 month and no points added to my account, I used Facebook Messenger to contact WOH about getting the restaurant spend applied.

At first, the rep on the other end of the convo had no clue what I was talking about. After explaining their promo, they said that I did not sign up for the promo. Thank goodness I still have the email saying "No registration required". I had to send that screenshot before we got on the same page.

Then after sending my receipts, they said that it was the hotel's responsibility to apply the points and implied that the most they could do is to forward the request to the hotels in question.

I'm probably going to call in and ask another rep about this and I'll post the results (maybe it will help someone else). But this promo is becoming more of a hassle than it's worth.

Brand new Hyatt member here. This weekend, I decided to check out this promo at a couple of local Hyatts where I live. Here are the results:

Saturday: Breakfast at an Unbound Collection by Hyatt property. Really good breakfast. Mentioned I wasn't staying at the hotel and wanted to attach my WOH number. Server had no clue what I was talking about. Got his manager. The manager had no clue what I was talking about. The manager had to get someone from the front desk to explain how to do it but it number still didn't get attached to the bill when they ran it.

Sunday: Brunch buffet at a Grand Hyatt. The food was just okay. Next time, I will probably place an order instead. The manager was able to attach the WOH number and it showed on the receipt when paying. Progress.

Because I am new, I am not sure about how fast points are added to your account. But it's Wednesday and the points from the weekend still have not appeared. I took photos of all receipts. I am guessing customer service will need to go back and add these later.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:41 pm

Update: After 1 month and no points added to my account, I used Facebook Messenger to contact WOH about getting the restaurant spend applied.

At first, the rep on the other end of the convo had no clue what I was talking about. After explaining their promo, they said that I did not sign up for the promo. Thank goodness I still have the email saying "No registration required". I had to send that screenshot before we got on the same page.

Then after sending my receipts, they said that it was the hotel's responsibility to apply the points and implied that the most they could do is to forward the request to the hotels in question.

I'm probably going to call in and ask another rep about this and I'll post the results (maybe it will help someone else). But this promo is becoming more of a hassle than it's worth.
Most if not all Unbound properties just don’t have the ability at their dining outlets to add a WOH number due to their system. Think of them as an SLH property basically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.