Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Gifting a free night award (not GoH) - merged threads

Gifting a free night award (not GoH) - merged threads

Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:05 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bosca418
Hello,

I know FNC can be gifted for others to use, however, does anyone know if I would be able to use a FNC that a friend has gifted to me and use that certificate to make a GOH booking? TIA
The person with the free night award has to make the reservation in the name of the "gift" recipient. The award is not actually transferred to the recipient so there would be no way for you to use it to make a GoH reservation. If the original award holder is a Glob, they could make the GoH reservation.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Won't work. Otherwise anybody with a credit card would give all of their certificates to a Globalist to do GoH bookings on the credit card holders behalf.

However, what might work is:
  1. Person A books a stay with their FNA for you to use yourself personally
  2. You separately use one of your own FNAs (or points) to book a GoH stay for Person A, B or C...
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
The discrepancy or misunderstanding here is the idea of gifting the FNC. Which is impossible, one cannot gift a FNC, period.

What they can gift is a stay. So no, them gifting someone a stay does not transfer the FNC to the new persons account.

There is no way to transfer a FNC to someone else, only to book a stay for them, which again does not transfer the certificate, if that stay is cancelled it goes back to the original account.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 5:27 pm

If I am gifted a night, do I get a night/stay credit?
Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:11 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wackyducky
If I am gifted a night, do I get a night/stay credit?
Yes, as you're the one staying for the night.
wackyducky likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
As a Globalist If I gift a FNC stay to someone else (eg my spouse) can that be done as a GOH so she gets Glob benefits?
Old Jan 13, 2023, 9:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
As a Globalist If I gift a FNC stay to someone else (eg my spouse) can that be done as a GOH so she gets Glob benefits?
Yes
Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:43 pm

Does anyone get the credit for the stay when the cert is gifted? My husband gifted me a cert for a stay two weeks ago, but neither one of us received credit for the night. I submitted a missing credit report a few days after the stay, before I remembered that he booked the room, but no credit was ever given out to either account. The stay was listed in my account after I called them and requested to have it added, and it was combined with a longer stay that I booked (and did receive credit for).
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should get credit for the night on your account. As long as the right Hyatt number is in there, I, or the person I'm transferring to, always gets the night credit.
downinit likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 5:26 pm

They almost never get this right anymore. If you try to fix it before the stay the award comes out of the wrong account many times. As long as the person staying is the name on the reservation I just ask for missing credit later. If the award comes out of the wrong account it is a real problem later. I also book my Cat 7 night for something close to the expiration that can be cancelled. Other wise if its the oldest award they will use it instead of a cat 1-4.
downinit likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 6:03 pm

My recent experience in Jan: Friend gifted me a free night (he called and had my hyatt number added to the reservation). The booking showed in his account. At check in, my Hyatt # and globalist status was recognized but they kept having trouble seeing my hyatt # on the reservation. I still got full benefits (breakfast, free parking). We were in a rush to check out and so on the check out print out, my hyatt # was still not showing on the reservation. I had to contact Hyatt several times (seems like they ignored the first few requests) to get the night credit. When someone finally responded for my concierge they said that the night did not post automatically because my hyatt # was not attached to the reservation. A bit annoying to have to follow up, but all worked out in the end.
downinit likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.