Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2021, 5:47 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Hyatt Centric Downtown Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Creating a dedicated thread for the upcoming Hyatt Centric Downtown Denver, opening fall 2021 at 1776 Champa Street.

Website is now live at this link.

khabah
Dsm2m2 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:26 am

Hi everyone,

This property is scheduled to open Fall 2021; and in the last few days the property’s listing was populated on the site with some renders.

Booking should be available in the next few weeks. Didn’t see a thread so putting this here. I will be staying here later this year and will post my thoughts.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
So I see two issues for me personally -

1) This property has no Pay my Way Feature which any of Hyatt’s core brands use.

2) The only Suite type available is an ADA King
Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:33 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Hotel officially opens

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=124156
Hyatt Centric Downtown Denver Brings New Lifestyle Hotel to Denver

Designed to offer guests a home base to explore the city, this locally inspired property brings 264 guestrooms, a chef-driven restaurant and a memorable rooftop experience to the Denver Metro area

CHICAGO – October 26, 2021 – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today the debut of Hyatt Centric Downtown Denver, the latest property from the modern lifestyle hotel brand, Hyatt Centric. The 264-room hotel attracts guests who are looking to explore the best of what Denver has to offer. In the heart of downtown, the destination-centric hotel debuts a new seasonally inspired restaurant, Apple Blossom, helmed by beloved local restaurateurs Paul C. Reilly and Aileen V. Reilly. Located at 1776 Champa Street, Hyatt Centric Downtown Denver is conveniently positioned near the city’s top destinations including the Colorado Convention Center, Denver Center for the Performing Arts, Coors Field, Ball Arena, Union Station, and the bustling Larimer Square.“We are so thrilled to bring this unique experience to the Denver market,” shares General Manager Colleen Huther. “This property fully embraces Denver’s booming cultural scene, from the locally inspired menu at Apple Blossom, to the murals from local artists, and meeting space with expansive views of North Downtown – we are truly bringing something special and shareworthy to travelers and locals alike.”

• Guestroom

• Rooftop Terrace
Upon arrival, guests are greeted by a vibrant, colorful mural by local artist Megan Walker in the hotel’s driveway, blending themes of Denver’s urban life, Red Rock Amphitheatre’s music culture and Colorado’s renowned nature landscape into one vivid picture. Upon entering the hotel, a welcoming, spacious lobby adorned with energizing colors and glowing natural lighting offers the ideal gathering space for reconnecting, collaborating, planning, and unwinding. Locals and travelers alike are treated to music curated by local artist, Eric “Benny” Bloom of Grammy Award winning Lettuce, as they explore the hotel.

In true Denver fashion, the beloved owners of Denver’s Beast + Bottle and Coperta debut Apple Blossom, a chef-driven concept celebrating the best of America’s seasons with a focus on the agricultural bounty of local and regional ranchers, farmers and purveyors. Apple Blossoms’ signature dishes include Cowtown Beef Plate (a nod to Denver’s Stock Show heritage), Whole Grilled Rainbow Trout, Chef Fox’s Sweet Moon Pancakes at brunch, Apple Turnover with Buttermilk Ice Cream and Local Honey and more. Paying homage to sister restaurant Coperta, Apple Blossom offers an extensive house-made pasta program using Heritage Colorado grains. The beverage menu includes an all-American wine list, craft cocktails and ciders, with a tap system pouring select wine varietals and beer. The restaurant, located just off the hotel’s lobby, seats 68 guests with a 20-seat bar and lounge area and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Apple Blossom team also oversees room service, catering and banquets for the hotel.

The hotel’s spacious rooftop terrace boasts cityscape views, plush seating and outdoor fireplaces where guests can embrace Denver’s countless days of sunshine while enjoying small plates and drinks curated by Apple Blossom. With sliding-style doors, the space flows beautifully into a pre-function area where 2,530 square feet of flexible meeting space offers an upscale venue for groups of every size with unparalleled natural light. The penthouse level also plays home to the 975 square foot hospitality suite complete with a dedicated living area, spacious high-end dining table for eight, and a private rooftop terrace with mountain and city views. To complete the presidential floor experience, a 24-hour modern fitness center is lined with floor-to-ceiling windows and features Peloton bikes looking onto the city.

Each Hyatt Centric Downtown Denver guestroom offers thoughtful, modern urban decor to reflect the personality and style of the city in which it resides. Guests can enjoy walk-in showers and an in-room work area, and those who opt for a high-floor space are treated to dramatic views. Guestrooms are completed with thoughtful high-end finishes including keyless entry and check-in, Drybar Buttercup hair dryers in every room, Hyatt Centric robes and BeeKind bath amenities. Additional amenities include a thoughtfully furnished lobby with areas for guests to work, meet, eat and lounge, fresh coffee services; lobby market for grab-and-go items, and valet options.

To make a reservation at Hyatt Centric Downtown Denver, visit hyattcentricdowntowndenver.com or call 303-529-2340.

Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here: hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness.

The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Hyatt Centric Downtown Denver Review

Seems no reviews here yet, so I’m adding one:

I just finished staying here at Hyatt Centric Downtown Denver which is the newest Hyatt hotel in Denver. I booked through Hyatt app ($114) but found a cheaper rate on Traveluro ($109) so requested a BRG to lower the rate to $87/night. I should’ve requested 5k points but didn’t think this site was valid so didn’t care much.

Booked standard a 2 Queen Room and upgraded to 2 Queen High Floor. I checked in around 11am and the room was ready. Even as a Globalist (and I know Globs have priority access to rooms benefit), I was a bit worried about early check in because I read a review and someone was complaining that he/she had to pay $60 for early check in. Also asked about a suite, but they only had one suite and it was under construction.

The room was nice, beds were super comfy, and bath robes were in the closet. No Nespresso machine but Keurig type coffee maker with regular, decaf and tea pods. A $7 big bottle of water was free for elite members. Bath amenity was BeeKind which seems to be better than KenetMD or Pharmacopia. View from my room was a bit sad as there was a building in front of my room and only had a partial city view. I was on the 11th floor, but if you get lower floor on this side you view would be blocked.

There was no club lounge, so Globalist breakfast was provided at Apple Blossom and could pick any 1 non-alcoholic beverage and 1 entree (Not 1 coffee, 1 juice and 1 entree) up to 2 people. Service was good, food was great, I had Corned Lamb Shank Hash which was excellent.

The hotel didn’t have a pool but had a nice root top patio and gym with fancy machines.

Didn’t ask for a late check out, but I’m sure they would offer me if I requested. Overall it was a good hotel if staying one night. I’ve stayed at all Hyatt hotels in DT Denver, and I personally think this comes after GH and HR but better than HH/HP. I would like to try Thompson Denver (should be open soon) next time when I’m staying in DT Denver.

Centric DT Denver outside

Entrance

Lobby Area

Room Entrace

2 Queen Beds

Coffee Maker

Bathroom

Shower

BeeKind Bath Amenity

View from room

View from room partial city view

The check in rep told me their suite is called "Bridal Suite". Not sure if it's the same as Executive Hospitality Suite

Rooftop Patio

View from RTP

Bar Area

Apple Blossom

Breakfast

Gym
atlion25 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
Seems no reviews here yet, so I’m adding one:

Thanks for the review and all of the photos.

What's with (what looks like) LCD digits/symbols on the mirror?

David
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by DELee

David
I've seen this mirror clock before - perhaps, they don't want you to waste water in the shower? 😂
Old Dec 31, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by DELee

David
Mirror clock

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I've seen this mirror clock before - perhaps, they don't want you to waste water in the shower? 😂
Didn't think about it but maybe true... the shower water pressure was weak....
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anybody know about the parking situation here, if it bills to the property or not? Free for Globalists on award?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by frudd38
Anybody know about the parking situation here, if it bills to the property or not? Free for Globalists on award?
Called the hotel and confirmed yes.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL DM
The last review of the hotel seems to be from late 2021 and thought I'd post an update as we just checked out after a 3 night stay. I won't spend much on recapping the items that were the same from the review posted upthread but wanted to highlight some items that have changed, particularly the breakfast benefit. There is now a separate, Globalist-specific breakfast menu that is a subset of the full menu. The choices remain fairly extensive but some of the highest cost items - like the lamb shank hash referenced in the prior review - are now excluded. The first day we were told we could choose a breakfast item and either a coffee beverage or juice but the last two days the menu specified one each of an entree, coffee, and juice. We are generally entree and coffee only at breakfast so didn't press the juice issue but I think if asked they would likely have provided all three. There is a service charge included on all dining purchases (Globalist and not) so we did not receive a bill at the conclusion of the meal. Instead we provided a voucher and our room number and were able to walk away when finished dining without a need to sign anything further which I found easy to navigate.

The food was high quality and the portions substantial - we both particularly enjoyed the breakfast burrito. The restaurant as a whole was a nice space and felt like an upscale dining experience as opposed to what can sometimes clearly feel like dining in the lobby of a hotel. The restaurant for both breakfast and dinner seemed to draw a significant non-hotel crowd and the lobby bar was similarly lively at both breakfast and throughout the day so it seems the space is catching on.

Outside of the breakfast most of the information upthread seemed consistent. We didn't have a car so no information on the parking/valet situation. We were provided a high floor but I believe all rooms are the same so no real "upgrade" available. The rooms are quite small and the storage is fairly limited so it definitely is not a space for more than 2 people. I had read the shower pressure concerns and was a bit worried; however I found the pressure to be ample and the bathroom toiletries pretty nice.

Overall we enjoyed the location and found it fairly walkable even in the snowy/colder conditions late last weekend so we would not hesitate to stay again. That being said the primary factor in choosing this over the Grand Hyatt was the price point for our particular days and, were prices equal in the future, we would likely choose the Grand Hyatt for a larger room space and more differentiated Globalist benefits.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Really nice, even without suites!

I don't have too much to add but still wanted to report on my experience.

No suites at this property per the website (not counting weird Hospitality Suite on the top floor), but I was put in a King on the top guest floor (14). The room was compact but well-designed with a chaise lounge, desk, and lots of hooks. The bathroom door that slid over the closet was a bit odd, but fine. The bed was amazing - plush mattress, plush pillows, and plush covers - a big winner! The view wasn't great - just the Residence Inn across the street. I thought the water pressure in the shower was great!

Service wasn't bad - given free waters at check-in and proactively asked about late check-out. Nothing inspiring, but no misses.

Breakfast was really good with one flaw - it only starts at 8 AM, even during the week. There is a separate Globalist menu with like 6 entrees and includes coffee and juice. No check to sign. Service was friendly. The bananas foster French toast was delicious.

Downtown Denver isn't the nicest - coming from Cherry Creek was like night and day. Oh, well, can't hold that against the hotel.

Overall, great bed, shower, and breakfast make this a winner in my book!

Old Oct 13, 2023, 5:13 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Breakfast starts at 9am on Saturday and Sunday.
No upgrade for Lifetime Globalist.
Staff are positively unfriendly.
Homeless camp about a block away.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Nothing good to add

Check-in staff were friendly. During check-in noted sign at bar near coffee machine noting 'No Espresso (lattes, cappucinos, etc.)'

Room was good. No upgrade as expected.

Breakfast here is a joke. Gone is the Banana Fosters French Toast. Presented globalist breakfast voucher on day 1. No Espresso sign was still up (13 hours post check-in) and I confirmed that I could not get a cappuccino. I asked for a decaf coffee and he said he could brew some but also could make a decaf cappuccino. So the issue is not that the machine is broken but that you're out of reg coffee beans?? Server brought us this 'special' globalist menu and said we could order any of the 4 breakfast items. We ordered Oatmeal and Breakfast sandwich. The sandwich arrived, served with fries. I didn't notice you had to request bacon on the sandwich, and the server didn't ask so it arrived without(my fault I suppose). Requested ketchup which took 5 min to arrive because they needed to serve it in a dish. Oatmeal arrived without dried cranberries and wife inquired, the server said they noticed that on the menu and would ask. Returned a while later and said they didn't have any and that they are going to remove the cranberries from the menu(rather than sourcing dried cranberries I guess?)

Breakfast Day 2 still no espresso/drinks. Server says to scan the QR code for the menu and that globalists can select anything on the menu except the Eggs Benedict. It's the same menu as the physical one above, except it has a couple of appetizers and the eggs benedict. No cranberries noted on the oatmeal so they solved that. Server advised that we could have an appetizer in addition to the 4 entrees. Appetizers were a honey walnut roll or french toast sticks served with cinnamon cream cheese & syrup. The square meal scrambled eggs seemed of the powdered variety, yet the eggs in the burrito seemed real. Burrito seemed slightly cold and was not nearly as tasty as it looked(pretty heavy to potato) Took server 5 min to retrieve salt & pepper.

Adjacent table ordered square breakfast and asked for gluten free bread/toast. Server thought they had something. 15 min later comes out with the order, no bread at all because they don't have GF. Guest gets pretty irritated and says they'd have picked another dish if they told them they didn't have GF bread. A fair response given that it isn't much of a 'square' breakfast without bread. We were helped by 4 different servers across 2 breakfasts, and 3/4ths of them did not understand service at all. Focus here seems to be on presentation(of what few things they offer) Was not busy at all.

Probably would have more enjoyed breakfast across the street at the Residence Inn.

Daytime drug transaction/use 100 ft down the street in front of the 7-11(sporting a temp plywood door).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.