Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What does and doesn't count as an EQN (Elite Qualifying Night) generically + 10 promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What does and doesn't count as an EQN (Elite Qualifying Night) generically + 10 promo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...

Hi all, currently have 42 EQN, including 4 of which that counted towards the current promo of stay 10 nights, earn a free cat 1-4 certificate. Wondering which of these activities counts towards standard EQN, and if there is any variance for this promo? (and for bonus, if you used a free cert at a property brand you haven't been to before, will it count for brand explorer?)

Confirmed
-Paying with cash
-Paying with gift card

I am uncertain
-Paying with points
-Using an existing Cat. 1-4 or 7 certificate
-Room booked as a promotional rate, stay 2 nights, get 3rd night free. Price breakdown indeed says something like $200, $200, $0 - Does this earn 2 or 3 nights?

I have to ask because I have 3 nights booked in June for a wedding a day before this whole promotion expires. Don't want to end one night short.

Feel free to come up with other odd categories/ways to book rooms if you'd like me to add them to the list to help someone in the future.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, yes, 2
DroppedSon likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Be very careful about 3rd night free or 4th night free rates. The free night does not earn EQN.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
My understanding is that a free night booked with points does not qualify for Brand Explorer, while a free night booked with a free night certificate does qualify.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jbeckett
My understanding is that a free night booked with points does not qualify for Brand Explorer, while a free night booked with a free night certificate does qualify.
Any Eligible Rate qualifies for Brand Explorer including a points booking.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 100k, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by azepine00
Yes, yes, 2

/thread
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jbeckett
Your understanding is wrong.

(however this may be residue from when all-points stays didn't count for status, but this changed several years ago)
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 4:48 am

in January i had a cash stay at Centric South Beach for three nights with the third being free. I did not get double credit for the third night so i called to ask about it. The rep said i should have gotten double credit for the third/free night and she gave me credit right there on the spot. Whether or not she was correct, at the phone rep level they do have the power to credit certain types of nights and this is one of them.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
I checked with my conscierge, and this was the response;

Any eligible rate will qualify for this promotions- points, free night awards or eligible paid rate. Prior to 2017 they were not considered eligible but that has changed. Hope this answers your question.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
toddlax got lucky. Going back at least five years, any of the 3rd/4th/5th night free promos (no matter how they're booked) have rarely generated a night credit and therefore wouldn't be doubled either. And that's one of the first times I've seen customer service override and give the night credits.

retirementdreams The concierge is right (all eligible rates count, points/certs/paid/corporate rate/AAA rate, etc). But that didn't address the contentious part of this which is that "#th" night free nights aren't an eligible rate and therefore don't count towards status (as a general rule).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.