Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Alila Napa Valley REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Reports when property was managed by Marriott:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-marriott.html

Opens as Alila property 15 March 2021
Category 8
Does not participate in WOH Dining and Spa program (i.e., no points awarded for dining and spa activities)
  • Globalist Breakfast $
    • credit of $35/person per night (for up to 2 persons)
    • This means $70 total for breakfast
  • Electric Vehicle Charging Possible (not just Tesla)
    • The property has Tesla Home Chargers
    • They do have adapters from Tesla proprietary to J1772 which is helpful
  • $25 mini bar credit
  • $65 resort fee plus tax per night, https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...apcal/policies
    • Access to 24 hr Fitness Center with Peloton Bikes
    • Daily Movement Offerings Yoga Classes
    • Premium Internet Service
    • Spa & Pool Day Use Access including towels and water
    • TREK Bicycles available on a first come first served basis
    • Welcome glass of wine
    • Local and toll free calls
    • In-Room Daily Nespresso Coffee Service and Premium Tea Selection
    • Daily Shuttle Service to Downtown St. Helena
    • Nightly turndown service & Locally created custom treat
    • Welcome Gift Reusable Aluminium water bottle Upon Arrival
    • Sound Bath Meditation
    • Shoe shine service upon request
    • Electronic vehicle charging stations (Tesla or Universal)
    • Concierge Itinerary creation Services
    • Access to signature experiences & Exclusive winery partnership access
    • In-House Guest Preferred Spa Treaments Time
    • Boarding Pass Printing
  • Adults only 18+
Print Wikipost

Alila Napa Valley REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 7:48 am

Thanks for the report plbonilla - and that makes sense about the uptick in crowds starting Thursday heading into the weekend. Also thanks for those two recs within walking distance.... anything else in walking distance of the hotel or do you generally need to get in our car to get places? Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by madderlake
Thanks for the report plbonilla - and that makes sense about the uptick in crowds starting Thursday heading into the weekend. Also thanks for those two recs within walking distance.... anything else in walking distance of the hotel or do you generally need to get in our car to get places? Thanks!
Beringer is right next door but we didn't do anything there but walk around (they were closed Tuesday/Wednesday).

We walked to Farmstead for dinner one night as well. Good food and wine. We had appetizers at Acacia house on property and it was very good. We never had a full meal there, but what we tasted was amazing.

Everything I mentioned is towards the edge of St Helena opposite of the Alila, so lots of stuff in between too. We considered riding the hotel bikes to our tasting at Markham, but the route up the highway seemed a little sketchy (mostly shoulder riding).

Not walking distance, but we stopped at Oakville Grocery as we drove up to St Helena. Amazing sandwiches, cant recommend enough.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:44 pm

Great information - thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2021, 12:19 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by plbonilla
We walked to Farmstead for dinner one night as well. Good food and wine.
Really wish Long Meadow Ranch would bring back their Chef's Table. One of the better meals I've had in the Napa area and not expensive at all.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by plbonilla
Only downside was waiting two hours for our room. We requested early checkin but didn’t get into our room until after 4. They didn’t do a great job of communicating anything with us and I didn’t know the room was ready until I called them.

Apart from that, pretty amazing. Upgraded to a vineyard view which was spectacular. Hotel and the area wasn’t all that crowded (stay was Tuesday - Friday). Uptick in people on Thursday, both hotel and city. Otherwise, amazing trip for a 10th anniversary.

I recommend Goose and Gander for dinner and Merryvale for wine tasting. Both walking distance from the hotel.
Ditto on wait for room, although wasn't quite that long but we had to rush to get ready for our 4:30 seating at TFL. Uber/Lyfts are generally few and far between in Napa at the moment so be prepared to wait a bit.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 12:38 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by samyoull
Ditto on wait for room, although wasn't quite that long but we had to rush to get ready for our 4:30 seating at TFL. Uber/Lyfts are generally few and far between in Napa at the moment so be prepared to wait a bit.
I had asked about Uber/Lyft availability to/from TFL when we checked in as I was particularly concerned about getting back to the Alila late at night. The person checking us in laughed and said not to worry - after spending close to 4 figures or more, the restaurant would make sure we made it back safely.

It turns out we waited less than 5 minutes each way for an Uber when we were there in July.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:19 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by skj
I had asked about Uber/Lyft availability to/from TFL when we checked in as I was particularly concerned about getting back to the Alila late at night. The person checking us in laughed and said not to worry - after spending close to 4 figures or more, the restaurant would make sure we made it back safely.

It turns out we waited less than 5 minutes each way for an Uber when we were there in July.
Heh, nice. We ended up driving down to Yountville as were running late and faced with a 20min wait for a car, left the car there overnight with no issues.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA Plat, National Exec Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by samyoull
Heh, nice. We ended up driving down to Yountville as were running late and faced with a 20min wait for a car, left the car there overnight with no issues.
Might want to schedule a Lyft/Uber for pickup after dinner if you're in Yountville and trying to get back to the hotel. We were there last week and did dinner at 5:30 at The French Laundry - luckily we drove. Another couple did not and couldn't get a Lyft/Uber to pick them up at 9:30. They tried calling Napa Red Cab and were told that at night they typically don't take passengers between the towns. My wife and I ended up driving them back as there were no other transportation options.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Has anyone seen any suite availability lately? It looks like no suite availability for any nights through the end of the calendar. I haven't checked every month, but I feel like I've checked most at this point. I'm going to call tomorrow to see about applying a TSU hoping it's just a website glitch.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 10:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Has anyone seen any suite availability lately? It looks like no suite availability for any nights through the end of the calendar. I haven't checked every month, but I feel like I've checked most at this point. I'm going to call tomorrow to see about applying a TSU hoping it's just a website glitch.
When are you trying to stay? If you trying to book tomorrow night or this month, suites are available.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
When are you trying to stay? If you trying to book tomorrow night or this month, suites are available.
Really any time next year, although I did check a few dates in December too and didn't see any suite availability. Maybe they are just holding suites back from online inventory until closer in. I know it's a small property but can't imagine every suite is booked for all those nights.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt
Stayed here for 3 nights in July and I'm just getting around to posting about it, but honestly one of the best redemptions I've ever made. I didn't snap too many pictures of the place but it's absolutely gorgeous and 100% worth the 30k Hyatt points per night, esp if you can snag an upgrade to the junior suite.

We stayed on the 3rd floor suite and the view was absolutely phenomenal, and the feel of the whole hotel was that of a boutique. The room was beautiful and well appointed, but I will say that privacy is limited in the suites since people can see you from the other side. The grounds are small/limited, but I'm sure most people are there to explore the wineries and small towns. Breakfast was great, but otherwise did not eat at the hotel restaurant. Proximity to St. Helena is fantastic, but to be fair we drove everywhere else.

I would highly recommend visiting if you have the points to spare but cash prices are a bit prohibitive in my opinion.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:50 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by spgplat21
They have suites for sale on my dates of travel, but the hotel and concierge said not available for TSU use. Hope you have better luck, and get the TSU used.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
They have suites for sale on my dates of travel, but the hotel and concierge said not available for TSU use. Hope you have better luck, and get the TSU used.
I think only junior suites are considered TSU applicable here.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
Originally Posted by myperks
I think only junior suites are considered TSU applicable here.
IIRC it was mentioned upthread that the junior suite and farmhouse suite are the TSU suites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.