Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Alila Napa Valley REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Reports when property was managed by Marriott:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-marriott.html

Opens as Alila property 15 March 2021
Category 8
Does not participate in WOH Dining and Spa program (i.e., no points awarded for dining and spa activities)
  • Globalist Breakfast $
    • credit of $35/person per night (for up to 2 persons)
    • This means $70 total for breakfast
  • Electric Vehicle Charging Possible (not just Tesla)
    • The property has Tesla Home Chargers
    • They do have adapters from Tesla proprietary to J1772 which is helpful
  • $25 mini bar credit
  • $65 resort fee plus tax per night, https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...apcal/policies
    • Access to 24 hr Fitness Center with Peloton Bikes
    • Daily Movement Offerings Yoga Classes
    • Premium Internet Service
    • Spa & Pool Day Use Access including towels and water
    • TREK Bicycles available on a first come first served basis
    • Welcome glass of wine
    • Local and toll free calls
    • In-Room Daily Nespresso Coffee Service and Premium Tea Selection
    • Daily Shuttle Service to Downtown St. Helena
    • Nightly turndown service & Locally created custom treat
    • Welcome Gift Reusable Aluminium water bottle Upon Arrival
    • Sound Bath Meditation
    • Shoe shine service upon request
    • Electronic vehicle charging stations (Tesla or Universal)
    • Concierge Itinerary creation Services
    • Access to signature experiences & Exclusive winery partnership access
    • In-House Guest Preferred Spa Treaments Time
    • Boarding Pass Printing
  • Adults only 18+
Print Wikipost

Alila Napa Valley REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:30 pm

TSU?

Just received a note from my globalist concierge that the farmhouse studio suite is the only upgrade with the TSU. Anyone hear anything different? I’ve been seeing others on this thread getting a TSU applied to a room with vineyard suite?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Duckyfly
Just received a note from my globalist concierge that the farmhouse studio suite is the only upgrade with the TSU. Anyone hear anything different? I’ve been seeing others on this thread getting a TSU applied to a room with vineyard suite?
Corner King Vineyard View with Balcony should also be the room you can book using TSU. I think this room used to be called Junior Suite Vineyard View. At least I could get this room when I called and applied my TSU last time....
Old Jul 10, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Globalist, stayed for two nights and received upgrade from estate view to Vineyard view 2nd floor. Stunning views, incredibly serene, and more than worth the 30k points/night that I paid.

Acacia House closed for lunch & dinner presumably due to a chef getting COVID. As an apology, hotel offered a complimentary continental breakfast (on steroids) for all guests.

Nice service interactions with all employees. Globalist benefits clearly explained upon check-in.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Given the mixed reviews on the Historic Farmhouse Studio (standard suite), does anyone know if it's possible to confirm that room using a SUA and then negotiate a confirmed "downgrade" with the property ahead of time to a lower category room (such as a Vineyard View with Balcony or Vineyard View with Terrace)? (both are priced lower than the Farmhouse Studio).

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Given the mixed reviews on the Historic Farmhouse Studio (standard suite), does anyone know if it's possible to confirm that room using a SUA and then negotiate a confirmed "downgrade" with the property ahead of time to a lower category room (such as a Vineyard View with Balcony or Vineyard View with Terrace)? (both are priced lower than the Farmhouse Studio).

-FlyerBeek
if you are redeeming awards, you might as well go for the two Queen standard award which is all vineyard view with balcony or patio and negotiate a king from there.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by myperks
if you are redeeming awards, you might as well go for the two Queen standard award which is all vineyard view with balcony or patio and negotiate a king from there.
Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm only seeing the King Bed Estate View as a standard room using points for all the dates that I'm searching. The 2 Queen Bed rooms are available but not for award bookings (they are also priced about $200/night higher).

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm only seeing the King Bed Estate View as a standard room using points for all the dates that I'm searching. The 2 Queen Bed rooms are available but not for award bookings (they are also priced about $200/night higher).

-FlyerBeek
maybe they recategorized some standard rooms because I do have some award reservations with 2 queen with balcony. It also appears that they put more rooms into points and cash because some dates I’ve searched, even though 2 queen balcony is available for points and cash, it’s not available for standard points only. Maybe Hyatt call center or Twitter can book you into it. I thought points and cash should be considered standard rooms but I could be wrong.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Was told by the front desk that the limit technically is $70 for two people for breakfast, but that they usually cover the entire charge. Will see at checkout if they do. I wrote “globalist” on the tip line like others have been doing.
We booked on points into an estate view with balcony and were upgraded to a vineyard view room.

Edit: nothing showed up on folio at checkout so looks like the breakfast limit is still unclear.

Overall the property is nice but at 40k points I don’t think it’s worth it and I highly doubt I will be back. Ventana Big Sur for 5k more points a night is much better value and there are much more activities to do.

Last edited by pregabalin; Aug 11, 2022 at 10:24 am
Old Aug 27, 2022, 8:39 pm

Here now, room is beautiful, as is the view, but there was a child on property, as well as a dog (could be a service animal though). Most egregious though was the drunk group dancing on top of the fire pit in the pool area while screaming/singing to music blasting from their phone 😆

Not sure this is worth the 45k points to book …
Old Aug 27, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pregabalin
Was told by the front desk that the limit technically is $70 for two people for breakfast, but that they usually cover the entire charge. Will see at checkout if they do. I wrote “globalist” on the tip line like others have been doing.
We booked on points into an estate view with balcony and were upgraded to a vineyard view room.

Edit: nothing showed up on folio at checkout so looks like the breakfast limit is still unclear.

Overall the property is nice but at 40k points I don’t think it’s worth it and I highly doubt I will be back. Ventana Big Sur for 5k more points a night is much better value and there are much more activities to do.
Agree with Ventana given all inclusive but curious what the room costs are. Napa is ridiculous, we had booked a Sonoma Marriott, it was a lot of points and 750/ night, was not at all exciting looking. Alila came available, we’d stayed before, standard room with suite upgrade, a whole lot more value than that. Was at the pre devalue rates, 30k iirc. I’ve stayed at a number of places there on points by far best value there in my opinion. If money, points not important, there’s of even better properties. Love the location though, don’t want to be south.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by kthpence
Here now, room is beautiful, as is the view, but there was a child on property, as well as a dog (could be a service animal though). Most egregious though was the drunk group dancing on top of the fire pit in the pool area while screaming/singing to music blasting from their phone 😆

We were there this weekend as well. That group was out of control. The bartender had to cut them off!

Out of context, this does not seem like a 45k point property...it's nice but just not in the same league as the other cat 8 properties. But when you look around prices in yountville and st helena, 45k points is appealing vs the cash alternatives. I also agree that the location is great, especially for if you don't have a reason to head further south than st helena. Not having to deal with the traffic slog through rutherford and yountville was amazing this weekend.
SanDiego1K and kthpence like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by kthpence

Any backstory to the child on property? Not personal to the other guests but it's an adult only property and other guests are paying for that privilege.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 1:36 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Any backstory to the child on property? Not personal to the other guests but it's an adult only property and other guests are paying for that privilege.
There was some recent discussion in the Ventana Big Sur thread about its "Adults Only" policy, starting around this post FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD. Apparently, it's illegal in CA ...
Old Aug 29, 2022, 2:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by skj
There was some recent discussion in the Ventana Big Sur thread about its "Adults Only" policy, starting around this post FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD. Apparently, it's illegal in CA ...
I dont think a conclusion can be made ATM that it's illegal, but it is certainly legally questionable due to the Unruh act, and it would be risky for a hotel to enforce a policy. (Past lawsuits have involved apartment complexes trying to exclude children, but there doesn't seem to be a precident when it comes to luxury resorts).

CA website says a couple things:The Unruh Civil Rights Act requires “full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities, privileges or services in all business establishments.” This includes, but is not limited to, the following places:
  • Hotels and motels

But also says: California law protects individuals from illegal discrimination by a business establishment based on the following:
  • Race, color
  • Ancestry, national origin
  • Religion
  • Primary language
  • Citizenship, immigration status
  • Disability, mental or physical
  • Sex, gender (including pregnancy)
  • Sexual orientation
  • Gender identity, gender expression
  • Medical condition
  • Genetic information
  • Marital status
Age/Children are not mentioned, albeit there has been a case establishing that apartments cannot discriminate against children.

TBH, I also don't see how it's not risky to advertise yourself as an adults only property and then allow children. 🤷

As I said in the Ventana thread, at the end of the day, its a war of entitlement.

I'd love to see someone sue for being denied, I'd love to see someone sue for false advertising.

Then we could really settle this 😉
Boraxo likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:53 pm

Still looking back a this property, it is still by far the worst I've ever had the unfortunate experience to stay at. What a scam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.