Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Kanazawa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist

Although there are a couple reviews already on the pre-opening thread, there doesn't seem to be a master thread.

After a night at the Hyatt House last week I moved next door to the Centric. No upgrade, but we did get a room near the top (12th floor). Used a Chase award night and got free parking. Also two free drink tickets for use in the lounge. Rooftop lounge was closed due to COVID.

Very nice design touches everywhere, and everything slightly nicer than the House. Plusher towels, robes, Nespresso machine etc. Gym is much bigger than House. Overall decor attractive. Most staff spoke excellent English. Had a chat with the manager at check-in. He explained the House is aimed at longer stays, Centric more upscale. Breakfast buffet was excellent.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:44 pm

Can't wait to stay there. God I want to go back to Japan so bad. Good to hear about breakfast.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by antonius66
Can't wait to stay there. God I want to go back to Japan so bad. Good to hear about breakfast.
I have only stayed in 5 Hyatt brands, and I would say this is closer to Park Hyatt than a Grand Hyatt or Regency. Pricing is up and down, a good bit more than most Japanese city hotels, but a much bigger room too.

It is nice to see more international properties in Japan. Marriott and Hyatt are both increasing steadily.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Three of us stayed recently on a Chase Award night. Sofa opens to be a pretty decent size twin bed for my son. Some confusion on check-in, one person said parking was ¥1,000, another said ¥800, and then at check out it was ¥1,000. It was free 5 months ago, but they said that the campaign had ended.

Being the 1 year anniversary, we got a small commemorative dish and shopping bag.

We also got a ticket for 3 free drinks. Non-alcoholic if in the lounge, or alcohol permitted if at the room.

They said Hyatt House residents were still eating breakfast at Centric. Charge would have been ¥3,300/per person for us, so we gave it a miss.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Mariott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Just finished a 2 night stay here, overall happy with my stay and will definitely come back and use this as my base next time I am in the Ishikawa area.

- Agreed with above poster that the aesthetic of the hotel is closer to a PH than a GH/HR, though if you look closely its definitely of lower quality.
- Front desk was able to help me book a reservation at Fuwari before check-in, which I appreciated. I called a few days ahead of check-in.
- Hotel seemed to be understaffed especially for the long weekend, with long lines for breakfast and check-in. They had difficulties moving the breakfast lines because there weren't enough staff to clear finished tables.
- Got a 12th floor room premium room upgrade, though no suite. Hoping to score an upgrade next time when there are less visitors.
- Drink coupons for the lounge were issued for Globalists, along with a parking pass
- Rooftop was also closed due to government COVID restrictions though it was winter time so I probably wouldn't have went anyways.
- Regency toiletries were provided but there was an apology note saying that there was some sort of issue receiving their normal toiletries
- Breakfast was fantastic (picture attached) for a cat4 -- did not have the biggest spread but buffet items were all relatively high quality and there was unlimited a-la-carte options as well though the made-to-order omelettes left more to be desired.
- Location of the hotel is super convenient being minutes walk away from Kanazawa station, and with a few malls within walking distance.

lsquare and Cometstar like this.

Last edited by immaculatedx; Feb 13, 2022 at 9:11 pm Reason: remove spaces
Old Nov 16, 2022, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone recommend the best way to get to hotel from Komatsu airport arriving fairly late (10-ish pm)? Looks like limo bus does not operate at that hour.
Also i am not getting any response from their generic email, does anyone know any alternative contact info (via PM)? Perhaps I can try GM's generic hyatt email based on name...
Old Nov 18, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond Elite, United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite/LT Platinum
I would suggest taxi to Komatsu Station and then train to Kanazawa Station. The limited express is only about 20 minutes. Taxi all the way would also be doable but pretty expensive.

We stayed there a year ago and loved it - received a suite upgrade as a Globalist.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by azepine00
Can anyone recommend the best way to get to hotel from Komatsu airport arriving fairly late (10-ish pm)? Looks like limo bus does not operate at that hour.
Also i am not getting any response from their generic email, does anyone know any alternative contact info (via PM)? Perhaps I can try GM's generic hyatt email based on name...
would you be so kind as to let me know more about the limo bus? Is there a site in English?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by beachfan
would you be so kind as to let me know more about the limo bus? Is there a site in English?
English?Komatsu Airport Limousine Bus ?HOKURIKU RAIL ROAD

Lots of info here too:
https://www.komatsuairport.jp/index_en.html
beachfan likes this.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Nov 18, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:21 pm

You're sure there's no bus? The English site is less specific, but the Japanese site says the last bus leaves 15 min after the last domestic flight arrival (JAL 193 from Tokyo, scheduled to arrive at 9:45 pm), which would put the last bus at 10 pm if the flight is on time (schedule until Nov 30).

Picking Nov 22 as a random date, it looks like the last train from Komatsu to Kanazawa leaves at 12:23 am, 17 min, arriving 12:40 am. Trains are pretty frequent 10-11 pm, about 20 min intervals for the limited express, 16-19 min, 1800 yen. The local train takes about 30-40 min, 510 yen.

The Komatsu Airport site says a taxi to Komatsu Station takes 10 min, fare about 1570 yen, taxi to Kanazawa Station 40 min, fare about 10,880 yen plus tolls. There are likely late-night extra charges (as much as 20%) after 11 pm.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Nov 18, 2022 at 2:27 pm
Old Nov 18, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
You're sure there's no bus? The English site is less specific, but the Japanese site says the last bus leaves 15 min after the last domestic flight arrival (JAL 193 from Tokyo, scheduled to arrive at 9:45 pm), which would put the last bus at 10 pm if the flight is on time (schedule until Nov 30).

Picking Nov 22 as a random date, it looks like the last train from Komatsu to Kanazawa leaves at 12:23 am, 17 min, arriving 12:40 am. Trains are pretty frequent 10-11 pm, about 20 min intervals for the limited express, 16-19 min, 1800 yen. The local train takes about 30-40 min, 510 yen.

The Komatsu Airport site says a taxi to Komatsu Station takes 10 min, fare about 1570 yen, taxi to Kanazawa Station 40 min, fare about 10,880 yen plus tolls. There are likely late-night extra charges (as much as 20%) after 11 pm.
Any idea how much a taxi us from airport to Hyatt?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ya i read this on englush site as well - 15 min from arrival seems aggressive but probably doable and we are on that very last flt from HND... Google did not suggest it as an option (it did for earlier arrival times) and it got me confused..
Assuming the rush to catch the bus disoriented after looooong travel with kids in tow - where to buy those limo bus tickets and where is the stop?
looks like there is ticket vending machinenext to info booth and bus stop per map...
rome2rio suggest taxi $80-100 - not bad under the circumstances for 3 of us if correct...

Last edited by azepine00; Nov 18, 2022 at 6:00 pm
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Any idea how much a taxi us from airport to Hyatt?
The Hyatt and Kanazawa Station are the same place.
beachfan likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:55 pm

Ya i read this on englush site as well - 15 min from arrival seems aggressive but probably doable and we are on that very last flt from HND... Google did not suggest it as an option (it did for earlier arrival times) and it got me confused..
Assuming the rush to catch the bus disoriented after looooong travel with kids in tow - where to buy those limo bus tickets and where is the stop?
looks like there is ticket vending machinenext to info booth and bus stop per map...
rome2rio suggest taxi $80-100 - not bad under the circumstances for 3 of us if correct...
Komatsu Airport is tiny. There will be staff looking for passengers off that last flight who want to take the bus.The bus will likely wait to be sure they have everyone who wants to ride.

But yes, the taxi will probably be about US$80 (very doubtful that it would be as much as $100), which is what I would do for 3 people with luggage arriving late at night.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 11:14 pm

The Hyatt and Kanazawa Station are the same place.
thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.