2021 Q2 Promo

Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Free parking for Globs, yes, a nice perk while it lasts for three more days and it's allowed me to stay at properties I would ordinarily avoid -- I refuse to pay $30+ a night to park a damn car even if it's OPM and that usually puts me over $150 -- but I wouldn't expect Hyatt to make this a permanent Glob benefit.
It would be nice if Hyatt created something like “Free Parking Awards” as a Milestone Reward option.

I know I’d rather have something like that than the Club Access Awards.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by econ
It would be nice if Hyatt created something like “Free Parking Awards” as a Milestone Reward option.

I know I’d rather have something like that than the Club Access Awards.
Seems like it’d be too much of a hassle for Hyatt.

I’d be perfectly happy with a straight 50% discount for Globs on parking on paid stays, as a permanent benefit.

It drives in more revenue for Hyatt in the long run Anyways because I know that many Globalists avoid properties with hefty parking charges. They’d be much more likely to stay and spend with Complimentary or half off parking.

I know as a Glob myself prior to the pandemic the only time I’d stay at a property charging $30+ for parking would be an award stay. I’d have been happy to pay the cash rates but with the free parking on award stays only it pushes Globs to only book award stays at those properties.
JackE likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 7:03 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
A decent promo. Moved my Hilton stays to Hyatt. For 10 nights at USD41++ per night, I receive a 2665 points for stay including Globalist bonus, 10000 promo points, 10000 Milestone Rewards points(not choosing TSU) and Cat.1-4 Certificate. Refund points value for me is USD340 plus Free Night voucher.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jaenks
A decent promo. Moved my Hilton stays to Hyatt. For 10 nights at USD41++ per night, I receive a 2665 points for stay including Globalist bonus, 10000 promo points, 10000 Milestone Rewards points(not choosing TSU) and Cat.1-4 Certificate. Refund points value for me is USD340 plus Free Night voucher.
What US property is $41 a Night???

I’ve never seen one below $50 and I’ve searched and searched.

Must be a property in Mexico or Brazil, definitely not US.

As many have said this promo is most definitely aimed for stays at the lowest priced (both cash rate and lowest Category) properties.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Matt4200

As many have said this promo is most definitely aimed for stays at the lowest priced (both cash rate and lowest Category) properties.
Doesn't the ++ after $41 indicate it's a $41 misleading room rate charge before taxes and a mandatory hotel charge (such as a resort/destination/whatever hotel-wanted fee) on top of the nightly room rate presented as the headline rate?
Old Feb 28, 2021, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Doesn't the ++ after $41 indicate it's a $41 misleading room rate charge before taxes and a mandatory hotel charge (such as a resort/destination/whatever hotel-wanted fee) on top of the nightly room rate presented as the headline rate?
It does indicate those things, but again I’ve still never seen a Hyatt hotel base rate in the US under $50. Plus taxes are usually 10-15% so that’s let’s say $6 and resort or whatever fees are waived for Globalists so they don’t matter much.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It does indicate those things, but again I’ve still never seen a Hyatt hotel base rate in the US under $50. Plus taxes are usually 10-15% so that’s let’s say $6 and resort or whatever fees are waived for Globalists so they don’t matter much.
Hyatt's MGM/mLife-affiliated properties have resort fees. I had assumed that resort fees aren't waived at mLife/MGM properties for being Globalist.

For Hyatt's own branded hotels, Hyatt has some cheap Hyatt named properties in India. Like sub-$50 ... some Hyatt Place with a rate as low as $31/night. At some points I had booked a bunch of nights at that cheap Hyatt Place in India, but never got there myself. Unfortunately I won't be making it there during Q2.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 28, 2021 at 2:36 pm
Old Feb 28, 2021, 4:29 pm

Hyatt's MGM/mLife-affiliated properties have resort fees. I had assumed that resort fees aren't waived at mLife/MGM properties for being Globalist.

For Hyatt's own branded hotels, Hyatt has some cheap Hyatt named properties in India. Like sub-$50 ... some Hyatt Place with a rate as low as $31/night. At some points I had booked a bunch of nights at that cheap Hyatt Place in India, but never got there myself. Unfortunately I won't be making it there during Q2.
If you read my original post I clearly state it must be a Hyatt not in the US, rather a Mexico or Brazil property.

If you find a HH or HP in the US for sub $50 send it to me, because I’ve been searching for months for one.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 4:44 pm

Did I wrote that it is in US??? Why you expect that everything goes around the US? It can be in Mexico,Brazil or even India. It is not for mattress run purposes either, because I already re-qualified as Globalist with 60 nights. So it is just a right timing and pricing.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Did I wrote that it is in US??? Why you expect that everything goes around the US? It can be in Mexico,Brazil or even India. It is not for mattress run purposes either, because I already re-qualified as Globalist with 60 nights. So it is just a right timing and pricing.
Just what I assumed that it wouldn’t be in the US.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 4:53 pm

I have to correct, the total price is currently slightly less than USD42 with taxes and fees, net price is below USD40. It will be different when the stay starts due to the currency fluctuation but hopefully not much. ++ means net price before any taxes and fees.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 4:55 pm

Just what I assumed that it wouldn’t be in the US.
If it would have been in the US, I would definetly mentioned the hotel name.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
It does indicate those things, but again I’ve still never seen a Hyatt hotel base rate in the US under $50.
You should go out and meet some HP/HH sales managers who work at inexpensive hotels and have a chat.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
You should go out and meet some HP/HH sales managers who work at inexpensive hotels and have a chat.
I’m talking about publicly available published rates.

Of course corporate rate plans and negotiated rates may be lower.

I’m not sure if it’s guidance provided by Hyatt Corporate but I haven’t seen a rate lower than $50 at any US Hyatt published on Hyatt.com.

I did a BRG for a 7 night stay in Q3 that got the rate at a HH down to $48 in Texas. So yes, it’s definitely possible, but I have never seen a publicly available published rate under $50 at any US property.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Hopeful my current stay 2/19-3/7 posts with the bonus.
even better if it posts with all of the nights

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.