Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Q2 Promo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by josephstern
You've got it right. Don't stay at Grands and Parks for this period. Move those stays to Marriott. Hyatt only wants your HP and HH stays for now.
I have spent 7 nights at Hyatts this year, but with rollovers and doublings I'm now a Globalist for the next 24 months. I get upgrades, breakfast, and parking for two years.

But what has Hyatt done for me lately?! [/sarcasm]

Maximizing earning is a fun game, but sometimes we have to slow down and remember to enjoy the status.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Hankle
Is everyone else very disappointed with Hyatt's new Break Away with Bonus Journeys promo for March to June? I admit that the Jan-Feb Bonus Journeys promo was almost unbelievably generous, but the new promo doesn't even come CLOSE to replacing it. Spending $4,000 on a 4-night stay with food at a luxury Hyatt resort under the previous promo with a Hyatt credit card would yield 60,000 EXTRA bonus points (in essence, with a Hyatt card, you'd earn about double what you'd earn without the promo). The new promo would yield 5,000 bonus points on the same stay, or nearly 12x fewer bonus points. (Even stranger, spending just $320 on a 4 night stay at an inexpensive Hyatt Place would also yield 5,000 bonus points with the new promo.) Considering that Marriott is running a double-points promotion through April 27, it seems like Hyatt went from the best hotel brand to stay at in terms of rewards-back to one of the worst. And since it's a flat 2,500 points per two nights, it greatly favors staying at inexpensive Hyatts where customers spend less money. Am I missing something?
-Hank
Missing something? Not really, but honestly I don't do $1000/night stays. I don't have the budget for that either on OPM or my own. I'm curious, where are rates still 1,000 dollars a night? The hotels I have been at that are upwards of $600 per night are now no more than $300 a night.

I think what you are missing (if anything) is that a lot of the footprint are HPs and HHs, where 1000 points per night really is a bit more straight forward, and nowadays can be even more rewarding, than triple points bonuses. The triple points bonus was an extra 10 points per S spent. So $100 is the break-even line. I have tons of places I go where rates right now are less than $100 (includes some HRs). So, maybe they are trying to spur some business to keep those operators/owners of the HPs and HHs alive. Corporate Hyatt needs the little guys to keep the Hyatt flag (I am guessing).

Originally Posted by GUWonder

Per stay. Most of my Hyatt stays have been and continue to be one-night stay

thanks for the clarification.

1 night stays sound miserable to me -- but anyways, we all definitely have different travel patterns.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PDXpress
I'm now a Globalist for the next 24 months. I get upgrades, breakfast, and parking for two years.
Parking? Have they changed the benefit to free parking on all stays now?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
No, award stays only (after 2/28)
Old Feb 25, 2021, 5:33 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I don't believe I've ever booked a Hyatt with $. Considering it for an attractive rate at the Andaz Napa, though they appear to include parking in the resort fee so...
Old Feb 25, 2021, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't believe I've ever booked a Hyatt with $. Considering it for an attractive rate at the Andaz Napa, though they appear to include parking in the resort fee so...
Ha - yeah - it's been a few years, but I think the parking was in a public lot behind the building that is free for anyone, hotel guest or not.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
You must have some insane credit card use to be able to do all of your bookings entirely with points/free night awards.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 6:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Interesting. I call this a "bottom feeder" promo because it really targets/incentivizes low room rate seekers. Before I had an incentive to book higher rates and more expensive properties - not anymore. Really wish they'd extended free parking for Globs...

This bottom feeder will happily take it. Not all of us can stay at the posh properties. If I book over $150/night it gets me a lot of unwanted attention.

Free parking for Globs, yes, a nice perk while it lasts for three more days and it's allowed me to stay at properties I would ordinarily avoid -- I refuse to pay $30+ a night to park a damn car even if it's OPM and that usually puts me over $150 -- but I wouldn't expect Hyatt to make this a permanent Glob benefit.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 6:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
I get upgrades, breakfast, and parking for two years.
No you don't get parking for two years. If you book this instant, you get free parking through 2/28/2021.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by born sleepy
No you don't get parking for two years. If you book this instant, you get free parking through 2/28/2021.
you get free parking for two years if on award stays... (if you have that many points to spread around)
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Got an email from '[email protected]' a message signed off by my concierge about the promo

-- The concierge did indeed already enroll me (hence the already registered issues)
-- The nights that count are not based on checkout date.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Got an email from '[email protected]' a message signed off by my concierge about the promo

-- The concierge did indeed already enroll me (hence the already registered issues)
-- The nights that count are not based on checkout date.
Originally Posted by CIT85
I used the pop up message link to register and got the same You already registered message. This promotion is still termed Bonus Journey, just like the original Bonus Journey and then the extension. So those of who who have registered the original Bonus Journey are automatically registered for the follow on extensions of Bonus Journey, since the name of the promotion remains the same.
I also received email today signed by my Concierge stating that she has registered me for this promo.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CIT85
I also received email today signed by my Concierge stating that she has registered me for this promo.
Me too... but I already registered myself days ago. It's just a blanket email that went out to a wide audience - when my concierge contacts me they use their personal email address rather than the generic corporate address that this email was sent from. They also have quite a distinct email style and it was clear this wasnt written by them.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Me too... but I already registered myself days ago. It's just a blanket email that went out to a wide audience - when my concierge contacts me they use their personal email address rather than the generic corporate address that this email was sent from. They also have quite a distinct email style and it was clear this wasnt written by them.
Yup - even the return email address was not my concierge's specific address.

It was, indeed, a strange email, but at least it put to rest my registration issue.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Not sure if this was answered but when I tried to register, it said:

We're Sorry

You are already registered for this offer.

Are Globs automatically registered?
Just got this so explains why I was unable to register...

Hello!

I hope this message finds you and your family well and safe.

I just wanted to reach out and share with you that Hyatt has a new promotion starting March 1, 2021 and I have registered you!

Now that you are registered, you’ll earn 2,000 Bonus Points for every two eligible nights stayed at participating hotels. World of Hyatt Credit Card holders will earn 2,500 Bonus Points total for every two eligible nights
  • Participating hotels include all Hyatt brands and participating MGM Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH), and Lindblad Expedition experiences.
In addition, for the first 10 eligible nights you stay during the promotional period, you will earn one Category 1-4 Free Night Award.

Stay Period: This promotion will count all nights during March 1, 2021 through June 15, 2021, regardless of check-out dates. So it is running a little different than prior promotions. As such, the first night that will count towards the promotion is March 1, 2021. The last night that will count towards the promotion is June 15, 2021.

See complete details, terms and conditions: www.worldofhyatt.com

For additional information on our ongoing promotions:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers.html

As your personal My Hyatt Concierge, I am always available to answer your questions or assist you in making reservations.

Thank you for your Loyalty!
xxxxxx
Guest Care Support
Hyatt Global Contact Center
E: [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.