2021 Q2 Promo

Old Feb 23, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
[QUOTE=Matt4200;33057245]Category changes were cancelled this year. 4 properties going up (Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara - renamed Mar Monte, PH Aviara and 2 others), 12 going down in Category almost all of them Destination Hotels properties so nothing worthwhile, those are the exceptions. Happening in mid-March.

Ah ok. For some reason, I thought the whole 2021 category changes would still happen in addition to those you listed above.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
[QUOTE=lAzyTraveler;33057265]
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Category changes were cancelled this year. 4 properties going up (Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara - renamed Mar Monte, PH Aviara and 2 others), 12 going down in Category almost all of them Destination Hotels properties so nothing worthwhile, those are the exceptions. Happening in mid-March.

Ah ok. For some reason, I thought the whole 2021 category changes would still happen in addition to those you listed above.
I really wish they would! (Or at least the downgrades lol).

Theres at least 3 properties that were slated to downgrade in 2020 that Ive been waiting to stay at, but their current cash rates and categories arent feasible.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Hyatt was more than generous in previous promos and drove spending I never would've made which is what promos should do - I did 23 nights in Park Hyatts and ate a ton of meals while staying at properties and for normal business meetings when not staying at properties.

​​​​​​As far as I can recall, this expiring one was the first promo that ever drove me to spend more and alter normal habits.

This new promo understandably is less lucrative. Hyatt needs to make money. Unless business is terrible in Q2, we won't see a return of such lucrative promos.

This new one? It won't get me to stay more than normal. Back to humdrum promos.

Remember, the triple food point promo is still ongoing so I'll take advantage of that. But for higher cost nights, this promo not useful.

But I'll still stay at Hyatt as it's given me a reason to be loyal
BoarderX, pw21, mrgoodkat and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Well, this is a dramatic downturn. Guess Bonus Journeys have already helped right the ship.
mrgoodkat likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 5:38 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Every promo is going to leave someone disappointed, but this one is still historically generous. Something like 2750 points (~$40 at 1.5cpp) per night if you stay exactly 10 nights over the promo period isn’t shabby. That assumes you redeem the free night at cat4.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
Every promo is going to leave someone disappointed, but this one is still historically generous. Something like 2750 points (~$40 at 1.5cpp) per night if you stay exactly 10 nights over the promo period isnt shabby. That assumes you redeem the free night at cat4.
Thats a very, very specific scenario to get to 2750 points per night value.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 5:48 pm

Every promo is going to leave someone disappointed, but this one is still historically generous. Something like 2750 points (~$40 at 1.5cpp) per night if you stay exactly 10 nights over the promo period isnt shabby. That assumes you redeem the free night at cat4.
But if those 10 nights had been at, say, a 30,000 point hotel, that would have been 7,500/night under the prior promo. Not to mention the double elite credit.

"Historically generous" maybe, but only for the cheapest hotels.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 5:49 pm

Generous in what way?

The promo runs for 106 days (3/15-6/15) if a guest stays 10 days in March at a Category 3 property (lets split the difference as some will stay at Cat 1&2 others 3-7) they spend 120,000 points and get 10,000 (or 12,500 with the WOH CC) back plus a Cat1- Free Night Certificate which a lot of people already have 2-5 of them on hand.

After those initial 10 nights theres no more incentive to stay for the rest or March, April, May and half of June.

Note - I chose Award bookings because many will be forced to do Award bookings due to Hyatt no longer offering Globalists Complimentary Parking on paid stays so $30-$50+ can add up daily.

Also, you say every promo leaves someone out the current running promo leaves no one out as far as I can see its covered literally all the bases (Points Stays, Paid Stays, Double EQN, Rollover Nights from Q4, Complimentary Parking for All on Award Stays and Complimentary Parking for Globalists on Paid Stays).

While I believe the current offers are over-generous I do believe this one is not quite enough. Im hoping Hyatt opts to a part 2 of the promo maybe mid-March offering at least double points on paid stays and Complimentary Parking for Globalists on paid stays.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 8:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Interesting. I call this a "bottom feeder" promo because it really targets/incentivizes low room rate seekers. Before I had an incentive to book higher rates and more expensive properties - not anymore. Really wish they'd extended free parking for Globs...
Also takes away the incentive to eat in-house.

Originally Posted by SHLTP
Hyatt was more than generous in previous promos and drove spending I never would've made which is what promos should do
Same here. The half-nights for Globalist got me to join Hyatt this year and the triple points promo got me spend on nice rooms and eat a lot in-house. I earned 200k points in the last 5 weeks, that's well over 5000 points a night. It was surely overly generous, but the new promotion is not gonna get me to spend more money at Hyatt.

Last edited by mrgoodkat; Feb 23, 2021 at 8:37 pm
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:21 pm

hope the free parking promo comes back in a separate announcement because got some budgets to work on for april/may trips. (may need to switch some to award bookings if free parking promo doesn't come back)
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
hope the free parking promo comes back in a separate announcement because got some budgets to work on for april/may trips. (may need to switch some to award bookings if free parking promo doesn't come back)
Im hoping so as well. A lot of properties I frequent have $30-$50 daily parking charges and they are Cat 3-4.

So its either pay $100 a night (cash rate) + $30-$50 or pay 12k-15k points. The cash rate is still a better deal I guess, but I definitely wouldnt stay much if Im paying that every day.

The worst part for my situation is I have a 10 day trip planned to a Cat 1, which sounds perfect for this promo. Except its a cash rate stay, and even if it was an Award Stay the property is circumventing Hyatt policy by still charging Globs for parking on Award stays despite owning their parking lot and collecting revenue from it.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
Also takes away the incentive to eat in-house.
That incentive was temporary and is slated to expire end of February, so it's not that it's taken away, but that it hasn't been reinstated.

That said, it would be nice to see specific bonuses for dining. We all know on-site dining is pricey, so why not encourage that long-term?
mrgoodkat likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by JackE
That incentive was temporary and is slated to expire end of February, so it's not that it's taken away, but that it hasn't been reinstated.

That said, it would be nice to see specific bonuses for dining. We all know on-site dining is pricey, so why not encourage that long-term?
I believe it has been encouraged and promoted by Hyatt.

Maybe not in the best way, but they made it so you could redeem 65k points for $1,000 in Dining and Spa charges on your folio. Which isnt the worst, by itself, but with the rebate of 15-25% was insanely good.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 3:52 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yeah, but you have to stay at a Marriott.
And more to the point recognize that there's at least a 25% chance you will never see the bonus points.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 4:48 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I’ve got a month booked at the Grand Hyatt in Bangkok, for approximately 70 USD / night. This promo will work very nicely for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.