Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Q2 Promo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by xooz
I signed up and already have a 5 night stay starting 2/28 and departing 3/5. The FAQ #10 was a little fuzzy on how this will pan out. Will I get credit for 5 nights? 4 nights? Since I started on 28Feb do I get credit for nothing? Can't rebook online since the rates are now double.
My take is that you'll get credit for 4 nights, and thus a bonus of 4000 points, too. But what the terms say and what might occur may vary... and you may be contacting customer service in the future. Weird how they can calculate this one independent of dates but the prior promotion had to end within the right day. I would say you should earn double nights for the 28th but we know that won't happen.

You may be our first Guinea pig, do let us know what occurs?
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Interesting. I call this a "bottom feeder" promo because it really targets/incentivizes low room rate seekers. Before I had an incentive to book higher rates and more expensive properties - not anymore. Really wish they'd extended free parking for Globs...
It’s definitely possible they’ll run a separate promo concurrently likely for 2x points and free parking as they did the last few quarters.

I don’t see this and incentivizing any spend at anything above a Category 2 property.

It’s actually a much lower rebate too.

I just don’t see this as being all Hyatt will offer until mid-June.

With travel restrictions loosening people will want to travel. But with better offers from Hilton/Mariott people will likely opt for those.

For example -

Hilton stay at DoubleTree Costs 20k per night on a 5 Night stay. You get the 5th Night free so total cost is 80k points. Plus 2k per stay and 5k every 5 nights, net cost 73k points.

I feel like Hyatt’s offer will spur travel to the lower tier properties for many people for the first 10 nights to earn 10k points and the Cat 1-4 Certificate.

After that not so much.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:00 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Well, my stay next month at a Ziva will get me 5,000 bonus points for the four night stay instead of the 30,000 bonus points I earned for a similar stay in January ... bummer. We know that Hyatt is not overly imaginative since they couldn't even be bothered to come up with a different name for this new and different promotion.
mrgoodkat likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Yeah overall I'm underwhelmed and disappointed. This won't stimulate extra spending from me in the way the pervious one did. They should have a least tiered by brand to help out the higher priced full service properties.
Obviously this promo isn’t great for anyone staying at properties that cost more than $100/nt or so. Which is presumably most Hyatts. However, I see it as a good sign for two reasons: First, there is no gap between promos. This is extremely unusual, and clearly signals that times are not good for hotels, and they know it. Second, there is a free night component. A Cat 1-4 for 10 nights is a far cry from the glory days of FFN, but it means that free night promos are back on the table (in contrast to what Zidell said a few years ago). I look forward to what the second half of the year will bring.
GUWonder, UA-NYC and CodeAdam10 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So this could be used to get ten Category 1 award nights + one Cat 1-4 night for an effective price of 37,500 points.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
So this could be used to get ten Category 1 award nights + one Cat 1-4 night for an effective price of 37,500 points.
For Cat 1 awards it’s equivalent to the 25% rebate that’s been running up to 2/28 (excl the added one off Cat 1-4 cert). Which is great! If you’re only staying at Cat 1s. Which is not so great! Since there aren’t very many Cat 1s worth staying at.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by coleslaw
For Cat 1 awards it’s equivalent to the 25% rebate that’s been running up to 2/28 (excl the added one off Cat 1-4 cert). Which is great! If you’re only staying at Cat 1s. Which is not so great! Since there aren’t very many Cat 1s worth staying at.
Yes, but until 2/28 stays count double toward elite status and the milestone awards for those already registered for all the promos?
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Just curious when Peak/Off-Peak point redemption starts.... IF that starts during the Q2 promo, staying at a Cat 1 hotel for 10 nights off peak (3.5k), you could earn 10 elite nits + 1 free stay for 20k-25k points. It might be somewhat helpful for those who missed Q1 promo but trying to archive Globalist or Globalist-lite.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tried to register and it said I was already registered . . . maybe my concierge did it for me?

Not a huge deal either way, frankly, but this still feels wrong.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Disappointing, but to keep things in perspective, we got two consecutive quarters of an amazing promo.
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
Plus it's definitely weaker than Marriott's Q2 promo, imo.
Yeah, but you have to stay at a Marriott.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yeah, but you have to stay at a Marriott.
I was just optimistically hoping for a better promo in Q2.....
Kacee likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:20 pm

Just curious when Peak/Off-Peak point redemption starts.... IF that starts during the Q2 promo, staying at a Cat 1 hotel for 10 nights off peak (3.5k), you could earn 10 elite nits + 1 free stay for 20k-25k points. It might be somewhat helpful for those who missed Q1 promo but trying to archive Globalist or Globalist-lite.
It doesn’t start until mid-July. Which just happens to be “Peak” season for most properties lol, and after this promo ends.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
It doesn’t start until mid-July. Which just happens to be “Peak” season for most properties lol, and after this promo ends.
At least this promo doesn’t need to be consecutive so can find off-peak days to stay.

I guess category change thing also happen around the same time?
Old Feb 23, 2021, 3:00 pm

No more waived parking for globalist with paid stay is a bummer
Old Feb 23, 2021, 3:09 pm

At least this promo doesn’t need to be consecutive so can find off-peak days to stay.

I guess category change thing also happen around the same time?
Category changes were cancelled this year. 4 properties going up (Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara - renamed Mar Monte, PH Aviara and 2 others), 12 going down in Category almost all of them Destination Hotels properties so nothing worthwhile, those are the exceptions. Happening in mid-March.

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
No more waived parking for globalist with paid stay is a bummer
Don’t count your chickens just yet. IIRC they had two overlapping promos last year one ended while the other continued then 10 days later the other was revamped (this was around September).

I definitely don’t see this as the only offerings Hyatt will have until July as it doesn’t encourage paid stays at all, which means no big revenue stream coming in. I have a feeling mid-March or early April a second part or overlapping promo will be added, which may include Globalist Parking on paid stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.