Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Back to Back Points / Cash Stays, Can these post separately?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2021, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver

I have a two night points reservation for this weekend, 2/26 - 2/28, specifically booked these dates to take advantage of Bonus Journeys rebates.

If I want to add another night, 2/28 - 3/1 using a cash rate, can I have the hotel not combine the reservations and check-me in / check-me out to have this post as two separate stays to my account so I get the 25% rebate on the points nights? Not sure if Hyatt witll automatically combine them regardless.

If not, any other way to accomplish this?
Old Feb 22, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by roder
I have a two night points reservation for this weekend, 2/26 - 2/28, specifically booked these dates to take advantage of Bonus Journeys rebates.

If I want to add another night, 2/28 - 3/1 using a cash rate, can I have the hotel not combine the reservations and check-me in / check-me out to have this post as two separate stays to my account so I get the 25% rebate on the points nights. Not sure if Hyatt witll automatically combine them regardless.

If not, any other way to accomplish this?
Are you travelling with someone else?

The most surefire way of doing this would be to put the 2/28-3/31 reservation into the other person's name.

If it's just you, then I'd suggest sending Hyatt a message on Twitter and asking them whether you'll get the 25% rebate (so you have it in writing). By default the reservations will get combined and post for 3/1. Who knows how the points rebate will work - I don't think anyone here can really say for certain.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Are you travelling with someone else?

The most surefire way of doing this would be to put the 2/28-3/31 reservation into the other person's name.

If it's just you, then I'd suggest sending Hyatt a message on Twitter and asking them whether you'll get the 25% rebate (so you have it in writing). By default the reservations will get combined and post for 3/1. Who knows how the points rebate will work - I don't think anyone here can really say for certain.
I am, however, I'd still like to get my globalist benefits for the last night, and if it's in someone else's name we'll lose that, unless the hotel choose to honor it regardless.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by roder
I am, however, I'd still like to get my globalist benefits for the last night, and if it's in someone else's name we'll lose that, unless the hotel choose to honor it regardless.
Ask on Twitter either way.

You should also be able to get added as the second guest on the other person's reservation and have you globalist status (/your WOH account) associated with the reservation. Then you *should* get benefits, but probably not guaranteed. The other option is to do a GOH booking for the other person (although you may not want to use points for the third night if you're not getting the 25% rebare)?
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Twitter said no, if I extend I'll lose the rebate.

I think GOH might be the only real option. Or Points + Cash Award under the 2nd guests name (I have a $60 off $300 Hyatt AMEX Offer I was trying to use), but then I'll probably lose the Globalist benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.