FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Tiny detail alert - new font style on My Account page (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2034483-tiny-detail-alert-new-font-style-my-account-page.html)

UA-NYC Feb 20, 2021 6:08 pm

Tiny detail alert - new font style on My Account page

This is one of the least substantial things I could ever start a post on - but I noticed things like your point count, Your Progress YTD, night/points count, etc. all have a new "fanciful" font, totally clashes with the more minimal style of the WOH logo. Maybe more distinct/ownable...but can't say I like it, doesn't feel clean/modern...feels something like Marriott would do frankly, or maybe Continental pre-United merger when they had their super dated 90s font style.

Will see if it lasts...

CLEguy Feb 20, 2021 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 33050827)
This is one of the least substantial things I could ever start a post on - but I noticed things like your point count, Your Progress YTD, night/points count, etc. all have a new "fanciful" font, totally clashes with the more minimal style of the WOH logo. Maybe more distinct/ownable...but can't say I like it, doesn't feel clean/modern...feels something like Marriott would do frankly, or maybe Continental pre-United merger when they had their super dated 90s font style.

Will see if it lasts...

I will be leaving Hyatt over this.

DELee Feb 20, 2021 6:22 pm

Will see if it lasts...

Saw that as well yesterday. Not a fan. Fully agree that the font clashes with the website and logo.

David

joachimm Feb 20, 2021 7:28 pm

Will see if it lasts...

Least substantial? This bothers me more than not getting a Globalist suite upgrade.

UA-NYC Feb 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by joachimm (Post 33050936)
Least substantial? This bothers me more than not getting a Globalist suite upgrade.

:D Maybe not as much, but for me it is profession-adjacent...it is a visual cacophony

CIT85 Feb 20, 2021 7:45 pm

This caused me to check the website. What I noticed is fancy font are associated to BOLD type for highlight purposes, whereas plain font is not bold. I don't have any problem with that. You can quickly glance at the important details of your account.

UA-NYC Feb 20, 2021 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85 (Post 33050956)
This caused me to check the website. What I noticed is fancy font are associated to BOLD type for highlight purposes, whereas plain font is not bold. I don't have any problem with that. You can quickly glance at the important details of your account.

The bold vs. not bold issue wouldn't bother me...if it were the same font! :D but they are totally different. Madness I tell you!

joachimm Feb 20, 2021 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85 (Post 33050956)

I mean technically the page elements that have this font are not all meant to be bold, but the type itself is bold so now they all appear bold. Some of the items are headings so they are naturally bold and some are not. If you switch the font-family back to "Open Sans" some instances no longer stick out. And that's one of the problems, it's too busy, bordering on cognitive overload. Source: I'm a software engineer so I think I know everything and can do everyone's job better than they can.

In general I think Hyatt's digital assets are well designed both visually and functionally, and perform well with high reliability. But this was a (minor) misstep.

born sleepy Feb 20, 2021 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 33050944)
:D Maybe not as much, but for me it is profession-adjacent...it is a visual cacophony

As a former graphic designer, it's pretty awful.

But the WoH logotype? Horrible. Like someone fired up MS Word and typed
W O R L D
O F
H Y A T T
separated by spaces in a blue box with whatever the hell that gross ugly typeface is they use. It all hurts my eyes.

DELee Feb 20, 2021 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by born sleepy (Post 33051121)
As a former graphic designer, it's pretty awful.

But the WoH logotype? Horrible. Like someone fired up MS Word and typed
W O R L D
O F
H Y A T T
separated by spaces in a blue box with whatever the hell that gross ugly typeface is they use. It all hurts my eyes.

Ack - another design sore point.

Bring back the old logo too!
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d966c3b15a.png
David

Cotton Candy Lobster Feb 20, 2021 10:53 pm

I actually put together a thread of my own on this, then decided it was too nitpicky and deleted the tab. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this does not look good.

born sleepy Feb 20, 2021 11:03 pm

The type is boring and that red arc is 90s swoosh, like Nike/Sealy, but it's a look, and memorable, and a better effort than the current phoned-it-in WoH logotype.

DELee Feb 20, 2021 11:17 pm

Will see if it lasts...

Found it: Yeseva One

ecch...

David

SHLTP Feb 20, 2021 11:22 pm

We've been Bonvoyed😜

If this is the biggest complaint we have on Hyatt, I'll take it.

DELee Feb 20, 2021 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by born sleepy (Post 33051178)
The type is boring and that red arc is 90s swoosh, like Nike/Sealy, but it's a look, and memorable, and a better effort than the current phoned-it-in WoH logotype.

Well, perhaps the WOH "designer" should have gone "justified":

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...94bd633ed7.jpg

David